UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Dangerfield stuff from Adamec:

Crystal Dangerfield would probably rather forget the Blackman High girls basketball team’s game last Friday with Potter’s House Christian. The Lady Blaze fell 80-69.

But the 5-foot-5 point guard from Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and Class of 2016 University of Connecticut commit did have a memorable moment in the loss. She became the fifth player in Blackman High history to reach the 1,000-point plateau.

“Crystal is the kind of player that does exactly what the team needs from her,” Blackman coach Chad Hibdon said Tuesday. “If we need her to score, she gets points. If we need her to pass the ball, she gets the assists. In the last couple of games she’s been in a nice rhythm shooting the ball, whether it’s with her pull-up jumper or her 3-pointer.”

Dangerfield entered her junior year with 957 points. She had just five points in the season opener against Southwest DeKalb but dished out 15 assists.

“They tried to take her out of the game and Crystal did exactly what she was supposed to do — get the ball to her teammates for easy baskets,” Hibdon said.

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/uconn-notebook-dangerfield-hits-1000/

Reaction Score
The part of the game that I watched against Palisades, KLS did not seem to want to play much defense, kind of remind of watching Sanyia Chong in her high school days. I have seen her much more active on defense in USA basketball game. May be she was bored :)

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
OCHOOP: Sounds like you were there in person. If so, would you give us any additional detail on what you saw to be pluses and minuses in her play last night? Anything on the teammate that is headed to UCLA? Thank you - I think a lot of us will look forward to your observations this Saturday also. Thank you again. You can see I'm beggin' ya for some details.
KLS played 4 games in 5 days in the tournament over Thanksgiving. She hadnt played any ball since the 3x3 in China prior to that. She was in full rehab for her foot.
The team that Mater Dei played yesterday(5th game in 7 days) was no match for Mater Dei, although their coach had them well prepared for the Mater Dei press. The team Mater Dei plays on Wednesday, also will be no match. Lou played fine and looked solid in all areas of her game. As I mentioned before, she appears to have grown since I last saw her in the spring.
Her teammate, Rosenblum, right now is a stretch for the Pac12/UCLA. However, she has improved since I last saw her last spring. By the way, when I saw Dolson play club ball I wasnt sure Geno was going to do with her, so anyone can improve with the right coaching. Being a junior there is still more upside possible. She and Lou work well together under the boards, at both ends.
The girl who impressed me some, as a sophomore, is Jayda Adams, the younger sister to Jordan Adams (USC/McDonalds AA and pg for KLM at Mater Dei). Jayda is quick and very athletic, like her sister. Jayda didnt play a lot of minutes as a freshman so she impressed me with her growth on the court and in her height too.
Not sure who the matchup will be Saturday but Mater Dei should win this too.

Reaction Score
I believe that some/most of these video's have been posted in the past but I thought it would be easier to access them if they were all in one place. Feel free to add others.
Lauren Cox 2016
Tori McCoy 2016
Joyner Holmes 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7xzFX_hhxA

Napheesa Collier 2015 & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kxiJtbj7Qk
De'Janea Boykin 2015
Katie Lou Samuelson 2015 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Cf-vW2jj4
Crystal Dangerfield 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhRKWemVom4

Reaction Score
KLS played 4 games in 5 days in the tournament over Thanksgiving. She hadnt played any ball since the 3x3 in China prior to that. She was in full rehab for her foot.
The team that Mater Dei played yesterday(5th game in 7 days) was no match for Mater Dei, although their coach had them well prepared for the Mater Dei press. The team Mater Dei plays on Wednesday, also will be no match. Lou played fine and looked solid in all areas of her game. As I mentioned before, she appears to have grown since I last saw her in the spring.
Her teammate, Rosenblum, right now is a stretch for the Pac12/UCLA. However, she has improved since I last saw her last spring. By the way, when I saw Dolson play club ball I wasnt sure Geno was going to do with her, so anyone can improve with the right coaching. Being a junior there is still more upside possible. She and Lou work well together under the boards, at both ends.
The girl who impressed me some, as a sophomore, is Jayda Adams, the younger sister to Jordan Adams (USC/McDonalds AA and pg for KLM at Mater Dei). Jayda is quick and very athletic, like her sister. Jayda didnt play a lot of minutes as a freshman so she impressed me with her growth on the court and in her height too.
Not sure who the matchup will be Saturday but Mater Dei should win this too.

OC: interesting to read that....appreciated.

Reaction Score
KLS and Breana Stewart get to play together for year... gonna be a special year in 2015

Reaction Score
Thanks for the video of Lauren Cox and Tori McCoy. I was really impressed with Lauren in the USA tournament.

I think TM had an injury of some sort at the tryouts. Maybe concussion?? I was looking forward to seeing her. She looks very good now for a young post player.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I think TM had an injury of some sort at the tryouts. Maybe concussion?? I was looking forward to seeing her. She looks very good now for a young post player.

McCoy had a concussion last year. This year she just got cut much to a lot of people's surprise.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Just curious, have two sisters ever played for UConn at the same time?

HGN

Reaction Score
De'Janae Boykin is named to the Washington Post All-Metro Watch List First Team , for the 2nd year in a row.

Reaction Score
I'm getting excited. She's going to be a good one! From what I've seen so far, she's just what the Boneyard ordered. Smart, hard working, great team player, aggressive, and....tall.

Reaction Score
MM: liking your assessment a lot. And wishing I could agree. But based on the three-on-three tournament and some other footage I've seen, at this point I'm not as enthused. She surely comes with a strong reputation for being a player, and I'm hopeful certainly. Will be rooting for her.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
By the way KLS scored 25 points yesterday in a very easy win for Mater Dei. She had 21 points after one quarter, scored 4 more, and rested most of the rest of the game. I think Mater Dei won 80-27.
Mater Dei will play Friday and Saturday.

It looks like the semi final game for KLS is tonight at 7.30pm. If so, I will attend as I think this might be a better game than the final on Saturday.

Last edited:

HGN

Reaction Score
MM: liking your assessment a lot. And wishing I could agree. But based on the three-on-three tournament and some other footage I've seen, at this point I'm not as enthused. She surely comes with a strong reputation for being a player, and I'm hopeful certainly. Will be rooting for her.
WinLots , I think Boykin will prove to be blue collar. Nothing fancy. No scoring machine. Just a hardworking piece of the NC puzzle. If Geno wants some rebounding and tough play , sub-in Boykin. If Geno wants frontcourt defense , sub-in Boykin. If Geno wants unselfish play , sub-in Boykin. Etc, etc...

Just a blue collar , hard hat , comes to work everyday lunch pale type.

Reaction Score
My feeling is that the "blue collar" vibe is from above average maturity and determination. Her personality doesn't read as flash. She seems like she is more than willing to mix it up inside if needed. And, she seems to be ready to backup her team mates... I would bet(monopoly money) that she will develop the skills to make someone pay if they ignore her offensively.

I don't watch a lot of high school basketball, but I can only imagine the challenge a young person has getting a 6'2" body to cooperate. My read is that most of the incoming freshmen are challenged to get their body movements to coordinate at the quicker pace of college ball. Especially feet. Actually, that seems to be the place to get a head start. Maybe they should play 'Dancing with the Stars'.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
By the way KLS scored 25 points yesterday in a very easy win for Mater Dei. She had 21 points after one quarter, scored 4 more, and rested most of the rest of the game.

Thanks for these notes. I haven't found anything in the media on the game. Are the results in the local paper or something?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
WinLots , I think Boykin will prove to be blue collar. Nothing fancy. No scoring machine. Just a hardworking piece of the NC puzzle. If Geno wants some rebounding and tough play , sub-in Boykin. If Geno wants frontcourt defense , sub-in Boykin. If Geno wants unselfish play , sub-in Boykin. Etc, etc...

Just a blue collar , hard hat , comes to work everyday lunch pale type.

HGN; hi....yup, I have read those sorts of descriptions....Coach himself has said something of that sort, so you are in great company. I just didn't see it from my limited, but not minimal, exposure to her game. One thing that confuses me about both the reputation/ description you provide and her stats is that her stats say that she can score big time, can rebound big time, shoot the three (I believe, not sure on that one) and do other things at a "dominating" level.......all of those stats seem to be beyond the lunch pail.....and I didn't really see even the lunch pail. Would be interested in how others make sense out of the "hard hat" rep on the one hand and the super stats on the other. ANybody seen her in person??

Reaction Score
HGN; hi....yup, I have read those sorts of descriptions....Coach himself has said something of that sort, so you are in great company. I just didn't see it from my limited, but not minimal, exposure to her game. One thing that confuses me about both the reputation/ description you provide and her stats is that her stats say that she can score big time, can rebound big time, shoot the three (I believe, not sure on that one) and do other things at a "dominating" level..all of those stats seem to be beyond the lunch pail.....and I didn't really see even the lunch pail. Would be interested in how others make sense out of the "hard hat" rep on the one hand and the super stats on the other. ANybody seen her in person??

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/447376-de-janae-boykin-is-uconn-bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom