UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | Page 27 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Her offensive ability is unquestioned. It's the other side of the game that's the only concern.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Egads. Mater Dei's opponent in Saturday's state final is a pressing team. Hope their coach has finally made an adjustment to that strategy.

http://blogs.esanjoaquin.com/san-jo...15/03/26/know-thine-enemy-mater-dei-monarchs/
St. Mary's is very, very good and has been for a long time. They produced Jackie Gemelos, Chelsea Gray, Afure Jemerigbe, et al.

I really want to see Lou's team win. But if they can't handle a press by this point, frankly they don't deserve to win.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
St. Mary's is very, very good and has been for a long time. They produced Jackie Gemelos, Chelsea Gray, Afure Jemerigbe, et al.

I really want to see Lou's team win. But if they can't handle a press by this point, frankly they don't deserve to win.

Its not like Mater Dei can't handle a press and has been blown out or non competitive. They lost two games, to the same team(Chaminade), by one point in each game. St. Mary's has always put out a very good team. They have a very good coach in Tom Gonsalves. I hope Lou's team wins too. Saturday night at 6pm PDT.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Its not like Mater Dei can't handle a press and has been blown out or non competitive. They lost two games, to the same team(Chaminade), by one point in each game. St. Mary's has always put out a very good team. They have a very good coach in Tom Gonsalves. I hope Lou's team wins too. Saturday night at 6pm PDT.
I believe they got decent leads in both losses, but gave them up when Chaminade pressed. It seems to be their area of vulnerability.

Reaction Score
Napheesa is just a dream of a player. As Geno noted, she was THE KEY recruit for 2015. I see a lot of wins, championships, and awards in her future.

I loved what Texas frosh guard and FIBA USA U-18 teammate Ariel Atkins had to say about Napheesa. Sounds like we are getting one helluva player and person.

“You have to guard her,” Atkins said when asked for a scouting report on Collier. “You have to know where she is at all times. She’s a very good player and great person. She’s a terrific teammate. She cares so much about everyone. It’s like she puts other people ahead of herself.”

Reaction Score
Except I'm not liking all those knee braces.

I don't think those are braces. I slowed down some of her videos to have a better look. It seems that she always wears a knee pad (Nike dri fit) on her right knee and sometimes wears a compression sleeve under the left knee pad. I haven't been able to detect a knee brace in any of the videos that I watched. Maybe ochoopsfan can confirm an answer to your question.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I don't think those are braces. I slowed down some of her videos to have a better look. It seems that she always wears a knee pad (Nike dri fit) on her right knee and sometimes wears a compression sleeve under the left knee pad. I haven't been able to detect a knee brace in any of the videos that I watched. Maybe ochoopsfan can confirm an answer to your question.
Absolutely no braces on on Lou's knees. By braces I mean the type you see on a returning ACL injury. Knee pads and compression sleeve is/are correct.

With Stanford eliminated last night, if the Farm left this morning for California I would think the whole family will be there to root her on for a 6pm PDT start.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I just got the most wonderful thing in the mail, courtesy of a UConn 2015/16 freshman's family.
A UConn Baseball Cap.:cool::):cool::).
Perfect timing for tonight's game, and Mondays game too.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As you may know, Mater Dei lost yet another close game in the state finals Saturday. KLS scored 19 on a balky leg and with severe foul trouble.

Reaction Score
As you may know, Mater Dei lost yet another close game in the state finals Saturday. KLS scored 19 on a balky leg and with severe foul trouble.
I watched the game. IMO she's hurt. Tape or braces on three joints. I'm not a doctor so I don't know what's wrong with the knee, but I would prescribe at least an extensive vacation from basketball.

Reaction Score
Felt really sad that KlS ended her high school career with a loss in the finals, but my local team is the one that beat MD so I am very happy at the outcome. Since California enacted the Open bracket concept it has been impossible for any team to finish the season with out a loss. The top teams have to play as difficult a schedule as imaginable, since California has so many to top teams that they keep knocking each other off during the playoffs. Heck MD had to play the team that earlier in the season gave them their only loss twice again in the playoffs to even get to the finals. Then in the finals they had to face St Mary's which is a buzz saw loaded with athletes that will just wear you out eventually. Actually KLS didn't play that bad. She played a lot better game than she did in the game that they won against Chaminade.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
92a7c7727c12480e720f6a7067006fac.jpg

2f3b35757c12480e720f6a7067001c18.jpg

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
KLS working out with the other McDonalds All-Americans and participating in the 3-point contest:

Geez, at the 30 second mark KLS gets hit in the nose by one of the other McDonalds AA's in her practice.
Cant she get a break................and I dont mean a nose break.
By the way in the shooting contest no braces on any part of her body.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
OC: we have read of the busy basketball schedule LouConn may have ahead of her with the high school all-star games
and the USAbasketball trials coming up. If it is appropriate to pass on any insights you have about whether she will
be [or not] participating in all these events, you know we would love to hear them....IF appropriate.
Being totally selfish here I am hoping she gets plenty of R and R to heal any ailments she has and hit the ground
in Storrs at 100%. Has it gone public as to whether she will be at one of the summer sessions at UConn?

Does the following have any merit? I tend to view her skill set as quite similar to KML....though with a vastly different body type.
I figure she will help UConn immediately as a frosh in much the same way as did Kaleena. Deadly face-up shooting from mid-range to beyond
the trey line....some post-ups depending on the match-ups....some rebounding....some ball-handling....work hard on defense with some trouble against very quick twos and threes...
deadly free throw shooting.

Say...how about a bold prediction from our Left Coast Guru: assuming good health all-round....does she start in Jump Ball #1?

Say #2...Mater Dei is a 'program'....is there anyone in the pipeline that might pique Geno's curiosity?

Reaction Score
CHICAGO — UConn-bound Napheesa Collier, representing Incarnate Word Academy (St. Louis), showed off her versatility by winning the won the POWERADE Jam Fest Skills Competition at the McDonald’s All American Game.

*In just 33.3 seconds, she finished an obstacle course with challenges for passing, shooting, dribbling and footwork.
*She beat out Kyra Lambert (Duke signee) from Samuel Clemens (Sachse, Texas) and Asia Durr (Louisville signee) from St. Pius X (Atlanta).

*Given that the challenges are heavily guard-oriented skills makes Napheesa's win that much more impressive.
*Napheesa looks very long, strong and agile, with powerful Kiah-like shoulders. What an incredible addition she will be!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline