UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | Page 25 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Incarnate Word rolls 78-55 to reach the Class 4A state championship again this Saturday.

Collier: 28 points (11-14 fg), 14 rebounds, 9 blocks, 3 assists, 2 steals

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Incarnate Word rolls 78-55 to reach the Class 4A state championship again this Saturday.

Efficient shooting yet again and 9 blocks. Nice stats, especially for a state semi-final.

Considering that IW lost 4 Division I players from last year's team, many folks thought they would struggle a bit this year. Well, Napheesa has been dominant and her teammates have played well, so they are 1 game away from the state title. I learned never to bet against Maya Moore. I like IW's changes in the finals with Napheesa in the lineup.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Slight change in the field goal numbers. They were actually better than that. She shot 14-17. No free throws in the game.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
So, did EDD challenge her to a game of H-O-R-S-E? :)
They played a game called "knockout"
EDD eliminated KLS.
Then EDD was knocked out by a freshman pg who rarely plays.

Last night there was a dinner for KLS. Gatorade, or its promotional company, hosted and paid for it at a nice restaurant near the HS. I was invited to go, along with another long time family friend. It was attended by KLS, her parents, the team, two coaches, the Principal of Mater Dei, and one higher up at MD.
Everyone there, including myself, had to make a brief statement about KLS. I wasnt prepared for it. I mentioned how I have watched all three Samuelson girls for about 8 years and that Lou is someone special that amazes me each time I see her. I told her to keep reaching for the stars because she has so much upside.
Lou thanked her teammates and said that we still have two more games to play(Saturday vs Chaminade and the the following weekend vs the Northern California rep).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They played a game called "knockout"
EDD eliminated KLS.
Then EDD was knocked out by a freshman pg who rarely plays.

Last night there was a dinner for KLS. Gatorade, or its promotional company, hosted and paid for it at a nice restaurant near the HS. I was invited to go, along with another long time family friend. It was attended by KLS, her parents, the team, two coaches, the Principal of Mater Dei, and one higher up at MD.
Everyone there, including myself, had to make a brief statement about KLS. I wasnt prepared for it. I mentioned how I have watched all three Samuelson girls for about 8 years and that Lou is someone special that amazes me each time I see her. I told her to keep reaching for the stars because she has so much upside.
Lou thanked her teammates and said that we still have two more games to play(Saturday vs Chaminade and the the following weekend vs the Northern California rep).
When you see Lou again, tell her about the love that she will feel from the UConn fans and that she'll be a Husky for life.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
When you see Lou again, tell her about the love that she will feel from the UConn fans and that she'll be a Husky for life.
I will see her on Saturday, I hope and pray they win. I mentioned once if you think all of the hugs, and poses for pics is big now wait till you get to the Land of Snow and cold.
I dont know if I will see her after Saturday. She reports to UConn on June 1st or 2nd for the summer session. She will miss her HS graduation.
She is supposed to tryout for U19 Team USA that will play in Russia in late July...........assuming Geno says its okay :). I dont know if she has to miss class for the Team USA tryouts.

Part of the Gatorade package, for POY, was a free trip to the ESPYS(in Hollywood). However, I dont think she can make it as it is 2 days before the first game in Russia.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou went to the State finals in a FT shooting contest. Shooting left handed! What is it with these Mater Dei kids? Kaleena has perfect ball rotation when shooting left handed.

Lou and Napheesa will be a dynamic duo. And De'Janae will complement them nicely.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I do not see Fecske listed on the ESPN top 100 or on Prospect Nations top 150.

The above was about the 5'4" pg, Paige Fecske for Chaminade, who had a great game vs Mater Dei in the CIF Southern Section finals on March 7th.
I just read she verballed to Pepperdine. I thought she was a senior, or at least Max Preps roster has her as a senior.
So if she goes next season she will play with the Ogwumike sisters.

By the way, she must be a total Cali girl with this quote
“I went by myself today, and then I called my dad and told him that I really wanted to go there,” Fecske said. “I liked the atmosphere. The coaches are really nice and seem like they really want to be the best, and I feel the same way. I had a gut feeling when I was there.
“And I can bring my surfboard.”

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20150319/chaminade-basketball-star-paige-fecske-picks-pepperdine

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The above was about the 5'4" pg, Paige Fecske for Chaminade, who had a great game vs Mater Dei in the CIF Southern Section finals on March 7th.
I just read she verballed to Pepperdine. I thought she was a senior, or at least Max Preps roster has her as a senior.
So if she goes next season she will play with the Ogwumike sisters.

By the way, she must be a total Cali girl with this quote
“I went by myself today, and then I called my dad and told him that I really wanted to go there,” Fecske said. “I liked the atmosphere. The coaches are really nice and seem like they really want to be the best, and I feel the same way. I had a gut feeling when I was there.
“And I can bring my surfboard.”

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20150319/chaminade-basketball-star-paige-fecske-picks-pepperdine
Driving up Highway 1 through Malibu should be on everyones bucket list. Look for the big white cross on the lawn on the right side of the road.

http://graziadiovoice.pepperdine.edu/pepperdine-mba-program-earns-most-beautiful-campus-status/

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Trying to find you folks the correct link for KLS game at 6pm PDT today.
It is being streamed on Time Warner Cable, also being shown live on TWC TV.

It appears this is the link
http://www.twcsportschannel.com/ca/socal/tv-schedule.html

If you click on the game link, on the above site, it takes you to what appears to be, at present, a black video screen.
I hope it is it.
I will be out most of the day and will get to her game about 1/2 hour before game time.

If the above link does not work try this link from the CIF. Then scroll down page to where they mention game being streamed.
http://www.cifstate.org/sports/basketball/bb_champ_info

Reaction Score
Trying to find you folks the correct link for KLS game at 6pm PDT today.
It is being streamed on Time Warner Cable, also being shown live on TWC TV.

It appears this is the link
http://www.twcsportschannel.com/ca/socal/tv-schedule.html

If you click on the game link, on the above site, it takes you to what appears to be, at present, a black video screen.
I hope it is it.
I will be out most of the day and will get to her game about 1/2 hour before game time.

If the above link does not work try this link from the CIF. Then scroll down page to where they mention game being streamed.
http://www.cifstate.org/sports/basketball/bb_champ_info
This is the link that is working right now http://www.twcsportschannel.com/livetv/cif-sports-live.html

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Incarnate Word up 16-6 after the 1st quarter.

Collier with 9 points and 4 rebounds.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lead up to 20 for IW. Collier has 17 points, 8 rebounds, and 2 assists.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
IW up 35-11 at the half, destroying a team they beat by 8 earlier this year.

Collier has 19 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and one highlight-reel block. She did miss the front end of a 1-and-1 though so she is human.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
IW up 35-11 at the half, destroying a team they beat by 8 earlier this year.

Collier has 19 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and one highlight-reel block. She did miss the front end of a 1-and-1 though so she is human.
She's outstanding!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The blow out continues. IW up 30. Collier with 25 points, 15 rebounds. We're still early in the 3rd folks.

Make that 25 and 18. She is a forward without a doubt. Her handle is decent but not great. About the only thing she isn't great at.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Now she drives from the mid-post and scores with the foul. 3-pt play completed.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The blow out continues. IW up 30. Collier with 25 points, 15 rebounds. We're still early in the 3rd folks.

Make that 25 and 18. She is a forward without a doubt. Her handle is decent but not great. About the only thing she isn't great at.
And yet she says that Geno wants to play her in the backcourt. I can see wing, but not SG.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
53-16 after three. Quite a statement by IW. Their coach Dan Rolfes should be getting college offers. They play about as close to a UConn style as any HS team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom