UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | Page 24 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Dont forget Lou's game is tonight, Tuesday, vs Long Beach Poly, at 7pm PDT
If its streamed it will be here.

http://portal.stretchinternet.com/mdhs/

If it isn't I will send updates after each quarter

For those that partied hard today and live back east, good luck in staying awake.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Final score
mater dei 60 to 44
lou had 30 and 7 rebounds.
Next game is Saturday at 6pm PDT.

Reaction Score
Nice interview with KLS afterward. Asked why she chose UCONN, she said because Coach Auriemma can make her the best she can be, plus she wants to win.

Also, yes, she wants revenge against Chaminade.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Saturday could be quite eventful. You have UConn late, KLS late afternoon, and if Incarnate Word wins as expected Thursday they'll play for their state title around the same time Mater Dei plays.

Edit:

Whoops. Turns out Mater Dei's game is a couple hours later than Incarnate Word's would be.

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Lou's game on Saturday will be on Time Warner Cable and streamed live.

I do not know if you need to be a TWC customer to get the stream.
I will be at the game.

Here is the link mentioning the game(s) being streamed.
http://www.twcsportschannel.com/ca/socal/cif-sports.html

Saturday, March 21 ---All times PDT
CIF SoCal Basketball Regional Championships
Streaming LIVE on TWCCommunity.com

Reaction Score
Saturday could be quite eventful. You have UConn late, KLS late afternoon, and if Incarnate Word wins as expected Thursday they'll play for their state title around the same time Mater Dei plays.

Edit:

Whoops. Turns out Mater Dei's game is a couple hours later than Incarnate Word's would be.
Actually the UConn game and Mater Dei game will played at the same time. Mater Dei game starts at 9 pm EDT /6pm PDT.The same start time as UConn

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
OC: your moral [if not legal] obligation...tons of details on LouConn's game.

I get the privilege of watching Lou one more time at the HS level, locally, on Saturday night. I have seen her play since she was about 11 years old. I also got to see her helping out in videoing her older sisters HS games(it was a family affair). Sometimes she gave commentary while doing the video. She is truly someone special, not only as a basketball player but as a person.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I get the privilege of watching Lou one more time at the HS level, locally, on Saturday night. I have seen her play since she was about 11 years old. I also got to see her helping out in videoing her older sisters HS games(it was a family affair). Sometimes she gave commentary while doing the video. She is truly someone special, not only as a basketball player but as a person.
We'll take good care of her. :)

Reaction Score
Thanks for the Mater Dei/LB Poly link, enjoyed it a lot. Watching that game, four things caught my eye:

1) the 32 minutes of non-stop defensive mugging, grabbing, pushing of Lou reminded me of what Stewie endures almost every game
2) the release on Lou's 3 is incredibly quick
3) several 3's were from stupid ridiculous Stephen Curry range, and beyond!
4) Lou needs a few Happy Meals and time in the weight room- she makes Stewie look downright Schwarzenegger-esque.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Napheesa's length, quickness, and anticipation on the defensive end will wreak havoc on opponents. She is so smoooooth!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
“The best player in the country is Katie Lou Samuelson,” said Blue Star Basketball national talent evaluator Kevin Lynch. “She’s the best big shooter I’ve seen since Elena Delle Donne. She reads defenses well, knows how to get open and she’s really developed an edge to her game too. She’ll battle you, and she’s a hell of a teammate.”

http://www.oc-breeze.com/2015/03/19...national-girls-basketball-player-of-the-year/

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Incarnate Word up 42 to 26 at the half over Bolivar.

Collier with 14 points, 9 rebounds, 4 blocks, 3 assists, and 2 steals at the half. Her teammate Abie Hoff is having a huge game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom