UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | Page 21 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Pretty good news on Dangerfield. It's apparently a twisted ankle. She's expected to be okay and ready to go for Blackman's attempt to win state. They won tonight handily.

Reaction Score
Pretty good news on Dangerfield. It's apparently a twisted ankle. She's expected to be okay and ready to go for Blackman's attempt to win state. They won tonight handily.
Whew!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The reigning Tennessee Gatorade Player of the Year and Connecticut commit was helped off the court and spent the remaining minutes of the first quarter being treated by Blackman trainer Clayton Faircloth. She attempted to jog down the same baseline she was injured during the quarter break but could not go.

"My leg was planted and a girl came down and rolled it out," the junior point guard and two-time Miss Basketball finalist said. "It just twisted out. It's just an ankle sprain."

She remained on the bench the rest of the game, returning to and from the locker room at halftime with more of a hitch in her step than a limp. Coach Chad Hibdon said Dangerfield wanted to play and probably would have been 75 percent, but said in "any game it's not worth it," for her to return with that injury.

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/hig...rfield-hurt-blackman-advances-state/24298039/

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Incarnate Word began its 4-A state title quest tonight (3/3) with an 84-10 win (no typo there).

Napheesa Collier's line:

31 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals, 3 blocks

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield will play in tomorrow's state quarterfinal for Blackman at less than 100%.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Collier was 14-16 from the field in the above game from the 3rd.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Incarnate Word began its 4-A state title quest tonight (3/3) with an 84-10 win (no typo there).

Napheesa Collier's line:

hmmm, not really that close to a quintuple double. :rolleyes:

Probably didn't get to play that long.:cool: (84-10 and all)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Napheesa Collier's line:

A team that could score only 10 points is in the tourney?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Lous game is on Saturday. They have not announced the time.
It may be streamed on line. If it is streamed it will most likely be here:
http://www.foxsports.com/west/story...fox-sports-west-prime-ticket-prep-zone-081414
scroll down to the basketball championship listing on March 6-7. Then click on "Prep Zone"

I will post a time it will start, which the CIF(California Interscholastic Federation) has not done as of yet.
I am hoping for a 7.30pm start Pacific time.
The Mater Dei Boys team lost last night in the Semi Finals so they would have been in the finals on the same day as the girls, but that aint happening now. The Boys Open finals is on TV in So Cal, on Prime Ticket, which is on 692 or 693 on Direct TV, and scheduled for 6.30pm Pacific time. So there will be no conflict in having the same school having both teams in action at the same time.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
http://www.foxsports.com/west/story...fox-sports-west-prime-ticket-prep-zone-081414
scroll down to the basketball championship listing on March 6-7. Then click on "Prep Zone"

I will post a time it will start, which the CIF(California Interscholastic Federation) has not done as of yet.

UPDATE:
Katie Lou's/Mater Dei game is Saturday night at 7.30pm PST.
If I see anymore on the streaming of the game I will post.

State playoffs start the following week. The first game will be home on Friday March 13th at 7pm PDT. If its streamed I will let you know. If they win, semi final game is Tuesday the 17th also at 7pm PDT. If they make it to the State Southern region finals it will be Saturday March 21st at 6pm PDT. Game at Long Beach States Pyramid Arena.
The California State Championships (North vs South) are on 3/27 or3/28 at Cal Berkeley.

Reaction Score

The Mater Dei Boys team lost last night in the Semi Finals so they would have been in the finals on the same day as the girls, but that aint happening now. The Boys Open finals is on TV in So Cal, on Prime Ticket, which is on 692 or 693 on Direct TV, and scheduled for 6.30pm Pacific time. So there will be no conflict in having the same school having both teams in action at the same time.

Are they playing the team that defeated them in a tournament earlier in the season?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Are they playing the team that defeated them in a tournament earlier in the season?
Yes, they are playing Chaminade who beat them earlier in the season.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
So much for her injury. Crystal Dangerfield scored 18 points and dished out 4 assists but Blackman struggled to get the win in their state quarterfinal Wednesday (3/4). Geno was on hand to watch.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A twitter convo from a couple of onlookers at the Blackman game today:

John Varlas ‏@johnvarlas
I like this Crystal Dangerfield. One of the best players I've ever seen.

Michael hood ‏@michaelhood75

@johnvarlas must be if uconn coach is there watching

John Varlas ‏@johnvarlas

@michaelhood75 I didn't know he was here. I think she's going to UConn actually.

@johnvarlas yep Tom kreager posted a pic.

John Varlas ‏@johnvarlas

@michaelhood75 That's great! I wouldn't have recognized him. She's a great kid too.

https://twitter.com/johnvarlas/statuses/573206555430129664

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A twitter convo from a couple of onlookers at the Blackman game today:

John Varlas ‏@johnvarlas
I like this Crystal Dangerfield. One of the best players I've ever seen.

@johnvarlas must be if uconn coach is there watching

John Varlas ‏@johnvarlas

@michaelhood75 I didn't know he was here. I think she's going to UConn actually.

@johnvarlas yep Tom kreager posted a pic.

John Varlas ‏@johnvarlas

@michaelhood75 That's great! I wouldn't have recognized him. She's a great kid too.

https://twitter.com/johnvarlas/statuses/573206555430129664
Someone wouldn't recognize Geno? :)

Good for Crystal. "One of the best players I've ever seen." Yesssss!

I hope she appreciates the support from Coach, because everything that goes wrong between 2016 and 2020 will be her fault. :)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Picture of Geno watching Crystal play.

B_RuodaWsAE4IKt.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good for Crystal. "One of the best players I've ever seen." Yesssss!
Unfortunately it comes from a guy who wouldn't recognize Geno and isn't even sure she's verballed to UCONN. Not exactly a fountain of knowledge there.

Not saying she's not really, really good. Just, it doesn't seem this Vargas guy gets around much.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Incarnate Word won by 40 tonight (3/6) to advance past their districts.

Napheesa Collier's stats in 3 quarters played:

21 points, 17 rebounds, 9 blocks, 5 assists, 3 steals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member