UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | Page 20 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2/26

Blackman cruised to the finals of their regional and will play in the championship tomorrow. They've already qualified for the sectional round next week.

Crystal Dangerfield had 9 points and 4 assists in about half the game.

I thought Rellah Boothe's team beat Dangerfield's team?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I thought Rellah Boothe's team beat Dangerfield's team?

Boothe goes to school in Florida. These are the Tennessee state regionals and sectionals. Boothe and Dangerfield played against each other back in November.

Reaction Score
One other note from the game. I got to the game about 45 minutes early. Both teams were on the court for their early stretches and warm ups. Except Lou. She was sitting on the bench, by herself and seemed in a "zone". I dont know if she does this all the time as I normally dont get o the games that early. I will try and find out if this was just for the game the other night, Big game vs other top rival OC team, or she does it for all games. I wish I took a picture. :mad:
I was early to one of the games I saw Lou play in the Nike TOC in Phoenix in December. She was way late coming out for the shootaround. ??

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kyla has size and skills. I'm not sure that she is a superior athlete, but she is a smart player. She may be a role player at UConn, but if she can defend, rebound, score inside, and hit an occasional three--as it appears she can--she'll be a contributor. I expect she'll be top 40 recruit or so eventually.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Two of Irwin's FG's last night (2/26) were 3-pters. She hit 11 threes over her last 6 games.

Reaction Score
I have tended to think of Irwin as a Sara Hammond type of player.

If she can do for us what Hammond does for Louisville she will be
a welcome addition indeed.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Lou now has 20 points at the half.
Mater dei up 30 to 19.
This team mater dei is playing is dirty.
they have banged lou all over the place.
she keeps getting up and beating them from the line. Lou has 10 free throws. 2 threes and 2 baskets on hacked lay ups.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If there's anything that differentiates Lou from KML it's her ability to get to the foul line. She seeks contact and is inside quite a bit.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
After3
lou has 24
mater dei leads 44 to 22 holding Alemany to one basket and one free throw.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Lou finished with 30 points and around 6 rebounds and about 20 bruises.
mater dei won 59 to 37.
next game is friday or saturday for section championship.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield had 15 points and 6 assists in Blackman's sectional title win Friday.

Blackman is two wins away from another state title. Their semifinal is Monday (3/2).

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
By the way, of Lou's 30 points, 16 came from the FT line. She had two 3 pointers too/

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
OC: a few years ago I was at a Delle Donne high school game,a junior or senior. She had a solid
first half and when the team came out for the second half, she took about 3 warm-up shots and then just sat on the bench for a few minutes....just mentally preparing for the game [against a good Narbonne team...California...Will Crockett's alma mater.]
BTW: she made all the warm-ups....and late in the game broke the national high school girls' free throw streak...made #70 in the last few seconds. I think she got to 80 before missing.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW: in the latest USAToday national rankings Mater Dei is #2 to undefeated #1
Neumann-Goretti of Philly fame. They stumble and Mater Dei wins out they will probably
win the mythical national high school championship. I don't know if NG has any serious opponents in their league
or in the state tourney. Reminder: NG has 6'9" Felicia Aiyeotan.....junior....who Geno went to see a few weeks ago.
Supposedly very raw with unlimited potential....needs to be coached up. Hmm....who would be best at that?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
OC: a few years ago I was at a Delle Donne high school game,a junior or senior. She had a solid
first half and when the team came out for the second half, she took about 3 warm-up shots and then just sat on the bench for a few minutes....just mentally preparing for the game [against a good Narbonne team...California...Will Crockett's alma mater.]
BTW: she made all the warm-ups....and late in the game broke the national high school girls' free throw streak...made #70 in the last few seconds. I think she got to 80 before missing.

Interesting you mention about EDD and the bench.
The previous game that Lou played, on Tuesday night, I got to the game about 6.20pm(it was a 7 pm game). All of Lou's teammates were on the floor either stretching or warming up. This was the early informal workout, not the one about 15 minutes to game time when they do the normal drills(lay ups from both sides, 15 ft jump shots, 25 ft jump shots, etc). Well as I walk in the gym Lou is on the bench, by herself, just focusing in on the current game coming up. I didnt even want to wave to her, I just observed. She was as zoned into the upcoming game as I have ever seen.

In last nights game, Lou didnt come out for the warm ups before the 2nd half started. She came out of the locker room with about .45 seconds before the start and went straight to the team huddle and just started to play. I guess she was being iced down or re-wrapped. She was undercut on rebounds, slapped, knocked down(a few times),etc. But every time the other team does that stuff she just gets up and makes them pay. The other team last night, Bishop Alemany, often played a zone, but wherever Lou was on the court that player who Lou was nearest always had one hand on Lou's arm or her body.
KLM never had to take as much physical play as Lou has. KLM had better players surrounding her, at Mater Dei, then Lou does.
Mater Dei will play Chaminade either next Friday or Saturday at Azuza Pacific College. I hope its Saturday because it would be a B-itch to drive to on a Friday night.

Reaction Score
BTW: in the latest USAToday national rankings Mater Dei is #2 to undefeated #1
Neumann-Goretti of Philly fame. They stumble and Mater Dei wins out they will probably
win the mythical national high school championship. I don't know if NG has any serious opponents in their league
or in the state tourney. Reminder: NG has 6'9" Felicia Aiyeotan.....junior....who Geno went to see a few weeks ago.
Supposedly very raw with unlimited potential....needs to be coached up. Hmm....who would be best at that?
Yeah, but Aiyeotan is 23 years old, isn't she? :p

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield suffered an injury to her lower body tonight and had to be helped off the court. She came back out and tried to run, unsuccessfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom