UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On Saturday KLS and Mater Dei play Miramonte with Sabrina Ionescu in Stockton. Should be a fun game to watch.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Another huge game for Napheesa Collier Monday, this time against the #1 ranked small school in St. Louis. IW came in #2.

36 points (13-20 fg/ 9-11 ft), 18 rebounds, 3 blocks

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hoping ochoopsfan or one of the other California posters might have info on last night's Mater Dei game. I know they won handily, but I can't find anything on Lou other than she had 10 points at the half.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Hoping ochoopsfan or one of the other California posters might have info on last night's Mater Dei game. I know they won handily, but I can't find anything on Lou other than she had 10 points at the half.
I was going to go but didn't. I believe Lou scored 17 points.
I will try and make Thursday game but many of these games are very one sided.

Here is a link to the OC Register(no relation to OC Hoopsfan) article on last nights game. The OC Register normally requires a subscription to read it. So if the link doesnt work here is one paragraph from the article on Lou. Mater Dei won 51-18. By the way, the team they played, Junipero Serra HS(in San Juan Capistrano) has 2 D1 girls on their team going to Pepperdine and UCSB next year. One didnt play last night as she is coming back from a knee injury.

Samuelson scored a game-high 17 points, but did so on 6-of-19 shooting. The scoring total was a season-low for Samuelson and well below her season average entering the game (31.5 points per game), but Mater Dei still dominated after the first quarter to win its 55th straight league game.
http://www.ocvarsity.com/articles/points-76963-senior-dei.html

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Samuelson scored a game-high 17 points, but did so on 6-of-19 shooting. The scoring total was a season-low for Samuelson and well below her season average entering the game (31.5 points per game), but Mater Dei still dominated after the first quarter to win its 55th straight league game.
http://www.ocvarsity.com/articles/points-76963-senior-dei.html

Yuck. Maybe I shouldn't have asked.

Thanks for the info.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I like that Napheesa gets to the line a lot. She'll put up lots of points for UConn.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield scored 12 points during a January 9th game and had 24 in a 72-50 win last night.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
KLS scored 26 in an easy Mater Dei victory Thursday night (1/15).

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
KLS scored 26 in an easy Mater Dei victory Thursday night (1/15).
Lou didn't play the fourth quarter, didn't play the last two minutes of the third quarter and sat out another two minutes in the first half.
Mater Dei won 70-35.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Incarnate Word romped to victory too but there is no box or report yet.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Napheesa Collier's numbers from Thursday's 65-23 win:

29 points (14-23 fg), 16 rebounds, 5 blocks, 2 steals, 2 assists

On Wednesday, Andra Espinoza-Hunter scored 11 points in an easy Blair Academy victory.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Prime matchup between Mater Dei and Miramonte tonight: KLS vs Ionescu

Mater Dei has opened a big lead in the second quarter.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Samuelson had 23 points and 11 rebounds in that win over Miramonte.

Ionescu had 19.

Reaction Score
I saw KLS today against Miramonte. And for her it was just an average game. She scored 23 points but she missed quite a few threes. She is very smooth, great on drives and layups and doesn't get flustered. She has a very quick release and will be very difficult to block. She needs to get stronger and I'm sure Geno will have her in the weight room. I thought Ionescu was the best player on the court. She is quicker than KLS, made some great acrobatic scoop shot layups and almost always played under control. Miramonte is not nearly as good as Mater Dei, and Ionescu was face-guarded and double teamed but she played with a controlled but fiery passion. She is an excellent ball-hander and clever at driving into the defense to get fouled. Reminds me of Kelsey Plum. I think she will be a great collegian. I guess we don't need her but I wish she were on Geno's radar. Supposedly, Cal has a reasonable chance.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Incarnate Word won a tough battle against a strong team on Sunday behind another huge game from Napheesa Collier. She had 25 at the half and finished with 34 points (14-18 fg), 13 rebounds, and 9 blocks.

Crystal Dangerfield scored 7 points Sunday. Don't worry, the Blaze won 60-6 so it was basically an off day in which everyone played.

Reaction Score
I thought Ionescu was the best player on the court. She is quicker than KLS, made some great acrobatic scoop shot layups and almost always played under control. Miramonte is not nearly as good as Mater Dei, and Ionescu was face-guarded and double teamed but she played with a controlled but fiery passion. She is an excellent ball-hander and clever at driving into the defense to get fouled. Reminds me of Kelsey Plum. I think she will be a great collegian. I guess we don't need her but I wish she were on Geno's radar. Supposedly, Cal has a reasonable chance.[/QUOTE]

For some reason we just can't seem to get them all.;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Incarnate Word won a tough battle against a strong team on Sunday behind another huge game from Napheesa Collier. She had 25 at the half and finished with 34 points (14-18 fg), 13 rebounds, and 9 blocks.

Full boxscore now up gives Collier 10 blocks, plus a couple of steals. Her first triple double of the year.

Reaction Score
I thought Ionescu was the best player on the court. She is quicker than KLS, made some great acrobatic scoop shot layups and almost always played under control. Miramonte is not nearly as good as Mater Dei, and Ionescu was face-guarded and double teamed but she played with a controlled but fiery passion. She is an excellent ball-hander and clever at driving into the defense to get fouled. Reminds me of Kelsey Plum. I think she will be a great collegian. I guess we don't need her but I wish she were on Geno's radar. Supposedly, Cal has a reasonable chance.

For some reason we just can't seem to get them all.;)[/QUOTE]

I also saw the game and my take was slightly different. I used to be a big fan of Ionescu's game when she was a freshman and soph. Not so much anymore even though she is a very talented player. Don't think she would be a good fit with Uconn at all. KLS however will be a great fit. It is true that she had a subpar shooting game but she knows how to adjust and how to best contribute even when her shots are not falling. I have seen KLS take over a game when necessary, it just wasn't necessary this Saturday. Just because someone dominates the ball does not make them the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom