UConn roster is up | The Boneyard

UConn roster is up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller:

>>It has been quite the eventful offseason in terms of player departures at UConn with top rusher Lyle McCombs, dynamic receiver Shakim Phillips and opening game starting offensive tackle Xavier Hemingway among those no longer part of the UConn program.

However, taking a quick look through the recently posted 2014 roster, it looks as if everybody expected back is on the roster.

The best news is that every player who signed with UConn in February is also on the roster although it was a little surprising to see Steve Hashemi listed as a tight end and not as an offensive lineman. There have also been some number changes, mostly involving the young wide receivers as Noel Thomas is now No. 5, Thomas Lucas is No. 8, Brian Lemelle will wear No. 18 and Blake Feagles is No. 82.

There's also plenty of new walk-ons on the roster including Tim Adanti, a tight end out of Derby, former Bunnell defensive back Joseph Bivona, Dan Carbonaro, an offensive lineman from Oxford, former Barlow linebacker Alex Gallaer, Nyrell Moore, who is a cornerback out of West Haven High, former RHAM quarterback Will Rishell and a pair of Shelton High products - running back Jason Thompson and linebacker Kyle Zielinski. There are also a pair of new kickers on the roster as Chase Briley out of Capital Prep and Rocky Hill's Andrew Paluch, who booted a 42-yard field goal during the Moe's "Clutch Kick" promo at Rentschler in November.

Players report to camp on Aug. 1 with the first practice being held the following day.<<

Alternate link to roster: http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/conn-m-footbl-mtt.html

Reaction Score
FWIW: Biggest Freshman on the roster appears to be walk-on OL Dan Carbonaro @ 6'5" 290.

Reaction Score
34 kids from Connecticut out of 106 on the expanded roster.
Connecticut 34
Florida 12
Penn 11
NJ 8
NY 8
MASS 8
Georgia 5
Virginia 4
Maryland 3
Delaware 2
Illinois 2
OHIO 2
California 1
Canada 1
germany 1
maine 1
North Carolina 1
New Hampshire 1
South Carolina 1
Texas 1

Last edited:
Reaction Score
34 kids from Connecticut out of 106 on the expanded roster.
Connecticut 34
Florida 12
Penn 11
NJ 8
NY 8
MASS 8
Georgia 5
Virginia 4
Maryland 3
Delaware 2
Illinois 2
OHIO 2
California 1
Canada 1
germany 1
maine 1
North Carolina 1
New Hampshire 1
South Carolina 1
Texas 1
And I see the ct kids being a huge part of the team. Newsome Boyle Myers. Stewart glad to see west haven represented.

Reaction Score
Is it me or did everyone lose an inch in height?

I think it feels that way because of the size of the '15 recruiting class. I don't see any inches missing from anyone unless I'm mistaken. I do actually see that Sean Marinan and Julian Campenni keep gaining inches.....Both came in at 5'11 and were classified as well undersized now they sit at 6'1 and 6'0....sure why not...

Edit: Obi did use to check in at 6'4 now down an inch to 6'3.....saw that late...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Many LBs. Few defensive linemen.

Looks like a 3-4 roster to me.

Reaction Score
Our State count is way down from PA & NJ from our Edsall days. That says a lot about PP.

Reaction Score
Our count from NJ started to drop off when Scott Lakatos left for UGA and Edsall hired Perkins. We really haven't had a good NJ recruiter since Lakatos left (PP said GDL was...BUT...). Diaco had a GEAT rep in NJ as a recruiter, so let's see how those numbers are in a few years.

Reaction Score
Hashemi to TE, an attempt to get more size at the position, especially as a blocker?

Maybe BD doesnt think he can add the necessary weight to remain at OT. The kid is a Basketball player too and already has some good size to him. Probably has decent hands. Sculpt his frame and he could be a good big bodied target all around TE.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Hashemi to TE, an attempt to get more size at the position, especially as a blocker?

I agree. If he's got the hands, fantastic. If not, maybe they're bringing him in for some "power" sets. With Foley and Cummings, that might not be so out-of-the-ordinary...

Reaction Score
And I see the ct kids being a huge part of the team. Newsome Boyle Myers. Stewart glad to see west haven represented.
4 kids from Xavier, 2 from Hand, and a handful from NVL teams.
I think it feels that way because of the size of the '15 recruiting class. I don't see any inches missing from anyone unless I'm mistaken. I do actually see that Sean Marinan and Julian Campenni keep gaining inches.....Both came in at 5'11 and were classified as well undersized now they sit at 6'1 and 6'0....sure why not...

Edit: Obi did use to check in at 6'4 now down an inch to 6'3.....saw that late...
Kids are allowed to grow past 17-18. I met a guy from HS at a 25th reunion and he was 2-3 inches taller then.

Reaction Score
4 kids from Xavier, 2 from Hand, and a handful from NVL teams.

Kids are allowed to grow past 17-18. I met a guy from HS at a 25th reunion and he was 2-3 inches taller then.

sure.....its rare though.....but I've seen it too....I don't know if it's a more likely story than they just added inches to their heights for status purposes like many guys do.......who knows though..

Reaction Score
They have Alex Mateas as offensive line instead of center. Wonder if they are moving him over one slot or they plan on plugging him in where mostly needed at the time.

Reaction Score
They have Alex Mateas as offensive line instead of center. Wonder if they are moving him over one slot or they plan on plugging him in where mostly needed at the time.

Yeah that's somewhat interesting. Either that is stating that he can play multiple positions (C and G) or maybe its saying Bockeloh is ready to take over at Center and they are going to move Mateas to guard. Mateas is definitely going to be the leader of that line though. If the center has to make the calls on blocking assignments and shifts I would kind of hope they would keep him at Center, but in Diaco we trust. I have a feeling he is listed like that because he has played guard in the past.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah, I seem to recall Mateas being listed as Center at some point in the past few months (probably around Spring?). I'd be shocked if he wasn't our OL anchor.

As for recruiting NJ (again), 5 of our 12 verbals are from NJ so I'd say Diaco's solid NJ rep has followed him here:

Ian Campbell
TE
Pompton Plains, NJ
Pequannock Township
6'5"

2 stars

Tyler Davis
QB
North Bellmore, NYWellington C Mepham
6'3"

2 stars

Connor Freeborn
DE
Wilmington, DESalesianum School
6'6"

2 stars

Ben Hartwick
TE
Mahwah, NJ
Mahwah
6'6"

2 stars

Chris Lee
TE
Severna Park, MDSeverna Park
6'7"

Aaron McLean
WR
Southborough, MASt. Mark's
6'6"

2 stars

Kevin Murphy
DT
West Chester, PAWest Chester East
6'2"

2 stars

Philippe Okounam
DE
Concord, NHSt. Paul's School
6'5"

2 stars

William Richardson
TE
Washington, District of ColumbiaBallou
6'3"

2 stars

John Robinson
DB
Englewood, NJ
Dwight Morrow
6'2"

2 stars

Marshe Terry
WR
Columbus, NJ
N Burlington Regional Jr Sr
6'4"

2 stars

Nazir Williams
WR
Bridgeton, NJ
Bridgeton
6'3"

2 stars

Reaction Score
The heights and weights have not been updated from the spring.

Reaction Score
@NHRJimFuller: Since #UConn roster was first posted a few days ago, TE Quinn Thompson and FB Alex Haendler have been taken off roster

Reaction Score
@NHRJimFuller: Since #UConn roster was first posted a few days ago, TE Quinn Thompson and FB Alex Haendler have been taken off roster

I was just about to post this. Forgot I saw it yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom