UConn recruits begin 3 X 3 training | The Boneyard

UConn recruits begin 3 X 3 training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Obvious question: I wonder how Katie's health is? It's been about 6 weeks or so...is she now 100% over her tonsillitis?
Has she regained the weight she lost?

Hope USABasketball keeps a close eye on her during the workouts.

First game is Saturday....hope we get some Boneyard wisdom from the online broadcasts....they will exist, won't they?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Suspect the Czech team will be USA's biggest competition to win their group. USA is in the easier group.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Wonder if Salvadores will be on the Spanish team.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
blakeon18 said:
Obvious question: I wonder how Katie's health is? It's been about 6 weeks or so...is she now 100% over her tonsillitis? Has she regained the weight she lost? Hope USABasketball keeps a close eye on her during the workouts. First game is Saturday....hope we get some Boneyard wisdom from the online broadcasts....they will exist, won't they?
First game is Monday.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great experience for all 3 UCONN recruits to bond even further. Collier literally coming off the U18 gold medal performance for team USA just days ago, and KLS and DB the other USA team a few weeks back. Lots of travel, lots of bonding time. Good luck to them.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the team always trains in Colorado Springs? One of my nephews moved there two weeks ago.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Maybe I am 'misremembering' [a la Roger Clemens] but I seem to recall that USABasketball was considering a move to Phoenix
a few years ago. As far as I know, Colorado Springs is the hub of all the training for all teams....16U on up to the Senior teams.
It's a great location...I hope it stays there. Say...have your nephew stop by the facility and see if he can watch a practice of our kids.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
"The inaugural Youth Olympic Games were held in 2010, and the event is scheduled for every four years (2014, 2018, etc.). The 2010 U.S. women's basketball team, which featured Briyona Canty, Andraya Carter, Amber Henson and Kiah Stokes, finished with a 6-1 record and in possession of the bronze medal after defeating Canada in its final game."

I did not know this about Kiah before.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Maybe I am 'misremembering' [a la Roger Clemens] but I seem to recall that USABasketball was considering a move to Phoenix
a few years ago. As far as I know, Colorado Springs is the hub of all the training for all teams....16U on up to the Senior teams.
It's a great location...I hope it stays there. Say...have your nephew stop by the facility and see if he can watch a practice of our kids.

My nephew, who grew up in Nebraska, is not much of a sports fan. Not even sure that he cares a whole lot for Nebraska football. But I can think of a lot worse places to visit!

Reaction Score
Jerry Colangelo (head of USA Basketball) lives in Phoenix, so that is probably whey they were considering moving there. He used to own the Suns and the Diamondbacks (both teams would be a lot better off if he STILL owned them)

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Jerry Colangelo (head of USA Basketball) lives in Phoenix, so that is probably whey they were considering moving there. He used to own the Suns and the Diamondbacks (both teams would be a lot better off if he STILL owned them)

I think he owns a lot of land there. The site they are looking at is next to ASU. It is supposed to be a big affair with hotel and entertainment.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Katie Lou Samuelson ‏@33katielou USA 3x3 starting tomorrow with my favorite teammates minus Napheesa cause she doesn't take pictures w/ us

Buuf0itCEAEB3aQ.jpg

https://twitter.com/33katielou/status/498667922618064896

Reaction Score
I think he owns a lot of land there. The site they are looking at is next to ASU. It is supposed to be a big affair with hotel and entertainment.
Yes he is primarily a commercial real estate developer.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou Samuelson ‏@33katielou USA 3x3 starting tomorrow with my favorite teammates minus Napheesa cause she doesn't take pictures w/ us

https://twitter.com/33katielou/status/498667922618064896

Now I wonder why did you picked that tweet which Napheesa liked btw

Why not this one

Katie Lou Samuelson‏@33katielou2h
My favorites pic.twitter.com/CgW4GVSURZ

De'Janae Boykin and napheesa collier

Arike Ogunbowale‏@Arike_O2h
They cut me out y'all, it's okay...RT “@33katielou: My favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online