UConn plays an “Old Big East” style… “They Are Inevitable” | The Boneyard

UConn plays an “Old Big East” style… “They Are Inevitable”

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Inevitable.jpg

Reaction Score
What I liked so much was watching them actually keep running their offense with 2-3 seconds left on the shot clock, and knowing they were going to score. Can't imagine how deflating that was for their opponents.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Inevitable? Yes. The script was so familiar…close in the first half, gain a bit of separation at the half, avalanche in the second half. (Except for the times that the avalanche came in the first half.)

Old Big East style? Ehhhhhh…..not so much. Really good defensively, but not trying to murder anyone - unlike the classic Big East defenses.

Reaction Score
Inevitable? Yes. The script was so familiar…close in the first half, gain a bit of separation at the half, avalanche in the second half. (Except for the times that the avalanche came in the first half.)

Old Big East style? Ehhhhhh…..not so much. Really good defensively, but not trying to murder anyone - unlike the classic Big East defenses.
And the old Big East never played offense like we do.

Reaction Score
I'm with those who do NOT think we resemble the old BE. The old BE was rough tumble. John Turner used to hit guys with a baseball bat. Guys were slaughtered going into the lane. There is no one like the old Pitt or Georgetown teams.

Reaction Score
I'm with those who do NOT think we resemble the old BE. The old BE was rough tumble. John Turner used to hit guys with a baseball bat. Guys were slaughtered going into the lane. There is no one like the old Pitt or Georgetown teams.
when you have guys like Chevon Troutman trying out for the NFL after finishing with Pitt basketball, you know you have a man's league.

Reaction Score
Who was the big man on Pitt that could have been arrested for assault every game?

Reaction Score
John Thompson?

Reaction Score
Who was the big man on Pitt that could have been arrested for assault every game?
Gary McGhee? Wait, nm, he was the victim of his ankles getting assaulted by Kemba.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
And the old Big East never played offense like we do.

We never played offense like we do now.

I will always bow at the altar of JC but if I had a dime back for every time we complained about UConn's lack of a half court offense, I could have funded KO's settlement.

Reaction Score
We never played offense like we do now.

I will always bow at the altar of JC but if I had a dime back for every time we complained about UConn's lack of a half court offense, I could have funded KO's settlement.
Wait for shot clock to wind down to 10, get the ball to Dyson and watch him drive and get mauled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom