UConn out of conference schedule for next season | The Boneyard

UConn out of conference schedule for next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Buried in Mike Anthony's State College Notebook in the Hartford Courant today was a portion of the UConn ice hockey schedule for next season. According to Anthony, UConn will open with two games at Alabama-Huntsville. There will also be games scheduled against Sacred Heart, Quinnipiac, Nebraska-Omaha, Brown, RPI, and Army. He doesn't specify where the games will be played. He also mentions a possible game against UMass at Fenway Park if another Frozen Fenway event is held.

Reaction Score
Buried in Mike Anthony's State College Notebook in the Hartford Courant today was a portion of the UConn ice hockey schedule for next season. According to Anthony, UConn will open with two games at Alabama-Huntsville. There will also be games scheduled against Sacred Heart, Quinnipiac, Nebraska-Omaha, Brown, RPI, and Army. He doesn't specify where the games will be played. He also mentions a possible game against UMass at Fenway Park if another Frozen Fenway event is held.
I doubt there'll be a Frozen Fenway event. I have on fairly good authority that Gillette Stadium will be hosting Winter Classic and there'll be at least one college game there, BU-BC. If that comes to fruition, I wouldn't be shocked if they lumped a second set of games in a few days later or something.

How much did UAH pay UConn to convince them to go there? Sheesh. They take road games against anyone these days.

I've also heard through the pipeline that UConn will not be hosting BU in CT next year, and both games would be in Boston. Presumably, the following year there'd be two games in CT.

Reaction Score
I doubt there'll be a Frozen Fenway event. I have on fairly good authority that Gillette Stadium will be hosting Winter Classic and there'll be at least one college game there, BU-BC. If that comes to fruition, I wouldn't be shocked if they lumped a second set of games in a few days later or something.

How much did UAH pay UConn to convince them to go there? Sheesh. They take road games against anyone these days.

I've also heard through the pipeline that UConn will not be hosting BU in CT next year, and both games would be in Boston. Presumably, the following year there'd be two games in CT.
That to me is one of the best parts about being in HE. Aside from ND and Maine, away games are a pretty easy drive to go and see.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

This would be really stupid.

Reaction Score

Is this normal in HE?

Reaction Score
Is this normal in HE?
Only for Maine and Vermont where traveling between Friday and Saturday's game isn't really feasible. Makes no sense why they'd double up BU and UConn.

And yes, the proximity of HE schools is amazing, with little $ invested and not a lot of time off work, you can go to every game on the schedule home and away. No other power conference in college sports is (almost) entirely a bus league.

Reaction Score
Only for Maine and Vermont where traveling between Friday and Saturday's game isn't really feasible. Makes no sense why they'd double up BU and UConn.

And yes, the proximity of HE schools is amazing, with little $ invested and not a lot of time off work, you can go to every game on the schedule home and away. No other power conference in college sports is (almost) entirely a bus league.
Actually Vermont to Hartford isn't awful. But home-home with Maine and Notre dame don't make much sense to me.

Reaction Score
Actually Vermont to Hartford isn't awful. But home-home with Maine and Notre dame don't make much sense to me.
Yeah, UVM is doable for most, it's mostly that snow up there in Burlington and through the VT mountains can get really hard to predict, so a home/home risks a team getting stuck traveling between games.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if Gillette hosts the Winter Classic. The game on 1/1 will lead into week 17 in the NFL season and it takes up to 3 weeks to take everything down. If the Patriots are hosting a playoff game on Wild Card or even Divisional weekend, there is no way they are leaving everything up for college games.

Gillette may host a "stadium series" event but not the Winter Classic, which is coming to Boston next winter. Fenway is the leader, according to local media. Harvard has an outside shot, though would be very uncomfortable. Believe it or not, some view BCU as a logical place to host given the sight lines. Not sure about that one.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if Gillette hosts the Winter Classic. The game on 1/1 will lead into week 17 in the NFL season and it takes up to 3 weeks to take everything down. If the Patriots are hosting a playoff game on Wild Card or even Divisional weekend, there is no way they are leaving everything up for college games.

Gillette may host a "stadium series" event but not the Winter Classic, which is coming to Boston next winter. Fenway is the leader, according to local media. Harvard has an outside shot, though would be very uncomfortable. Believe it or not, some view BCU as a logical place to host given the sight lines. Not sure about that one.
Word is that it's very close to being set.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul