UConn (only) Recruiting (only) Speculation | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn (only) Recruiting (only) Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With respect. I believe that we pretty much know with regard to Anaya. Besides her injury history the odds of her ever averaging 17-18 points per game for a season is very iffy. Very.
I don't think we know anything about Ayanna's future at this time.........I've watched plenty of video of her high school games and her physical abilities are exceptional.........let's hope she's 100% healthy and give her a chance to prove herself on the court.........you may be very surprised..........

Reaction Score
My point was simply that nobody who knows what they’re looking at or doing would rate Malou-Mamel as a better player or college prospect than Macy AT THIS POINT.
I agree MM is a work in progress and is nowhere near as skilled as Macy but players do get extra points for height and potential and MM certainly has the advantage there.......

Reaction Score
My point was simply that nobody who knows what they’re looking at or doing would rate Malou-Mamel as a better player or college prospect than Macy AT THIS POINT.
I get it. My point was that if this holds there will be some UCONN posters that will then make many posts on here that the player is bust and then maybe even go after Geno and maybe even the Program when in fact it's as you say. -

Reaction Score
This one requires some qualification. Gandy looks to be about as developed in her skills as Aalyah Del Rosario was in her junior year and a heckuva lot more athletic. The following year, Rosario developed some skills and ended up ranked #7 by HG, which seemed too high to me, and this was borne out in her first year at LSU. If she works at developing better quickness and stamina, my judgment could change.

Since ratings are about potential, I think Gandy would have to be rated (as a junior) at least as high as Rosario was as a junior, and I'd look forward to seeing her rated even higher as a senior on the assumption that her skills will continue to develop next season. But I doubt she'll make it to #7, especially since she's already committed, and probably won't get as much attention from the scouts now.

Now to the task of comparing her rating to Leah Macy's. I haven't seen a ton of Macy highlights (and no complete games), but I'd venture to compare her to someone like Liza Karlen in skills and athleticism. And by extension, in the terms of this apples and oranges comparison, where would I have ranked Liza compared to Rosario, or compared to Kylee Watson?

It's difficult to find the right comparison in order to hopscotch back to Gandy. Bigs get rated more highly than everyone else for obvious reasons, and the speculation involved means it very often doesn't turn out as expected once they get to D1.

Reaction Score
I think Sarah will be tremendous even in her freshman year. But some adjustment of expectations is in order, especially as regards rebounds. At 6’2”, she was one of the bigs in every game she played in high school. In D1 competition, she loses that advantage since in almost every game she’ll encounter larger and quite skilled posts. She is also very quick and strong, and now she’ll have to rely on that side of her talents even more. On offense, the picture is a little different. I don’t expect that she’ll have difficulty getting her perimeter shot off, and her passing game may be even better than it was in high school.
I was fortunate enough to see SS
Hi school game against Joyce Edwards Camden South Carolina squad
I believe Sarah had 31 points and Joyce Edwards size did not bother her she scored inside and outside.
And before anyone says, I’m knocking Joyce Edwards. She also had a very, very strong game.
And will be a very good and potentially great college player
It’s going to take a very big player to be bigger and stronger than Sarah Strong
So many on this board seem to think height equals size
Her challenge like hall players, making the transition from high school to college will be on the defensive end

All those who evaluate players indicate that Sarah strong has the potential to be a dominant player on the college level
Imho other than Joyce Edwards there is no one in the 2024 class who is even close to the talent of SS

Reaction Score
I believe Sarah had 31 points and Joyce Edwards size did not bother her she scored inside and outside.
And before anyone says, I’m knocking Joyce Edwards. She also had a very, very strong game.
It’s going to take a very big player to be bigger and stronger than Sarah Strong
Her challenge like hall players, making the transition from high school to college will be on the defensive end

All those who evaluate players indicate that Sarah strong has the potential to be a dominant player on the college level
Imho other than Joyce Edwards there is no one in the 2024 class who is even close to the talent of SS
She reminds me of Boston but more of a 4/3 then a 5. She is just so strong that she will push around bigger players routinly.

Reaction Score
Well, now that the dust has settled (somewhat), it is apparent that the top 5 (maybe 1 or 2 more) schools have accumulated all the talent available now and possibly a couple of years into the future. While the NCAA was sleeping, NIL and the Portal and league realignments have done their damage and now have totally destroyed any parity in the college ranks. Time will tell what the impact of the demise of the Pac 12 will bring, but surely the Big East is totally irrelevant as I am sure are others. So lets move SC, USC, ND, Texas, UConn, etc into the WNBA and let the rest of women's college BB go back to what it was when we all just rooted for our alma maters or regional/local favorites and students went to college for both sports and an education.

Reaction Score

So are you saying SS is as good as Edwards or better? Who outscored who in the matchup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom