UConn offers Espinosa-Hunter | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn offers Espinosa-Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Love me those Latina's. DT and KML turned out pretty well. Sign her up!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
An aside for those who aren't following closely. Espinoza-Hunter was a teammate of Saniya Chong's at Ossining - when she played varsity as a 7th and 8th grader - and then played with Sadie Edwards last year at Blair Academy as a freshman.

Found this pic of Andra with Saniya and some weird older girl who "thinks" she's a basketball player

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
ok, that picture isn't posting.....hmmmmmm

technical difficulties of an undetermined origin...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
upload_2014-10-21_16-18-16.png

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
So with maybe one player left to join for '16 and Irwin's comments about what the coaching staff is still looking for, I wonder how this works. If E-Hunter decides to verbal tomorrow, what? Does UConn keep looking for another post player since these are all verbals?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So with maybe one player left to join for '16 and Irwin's comments about what the coaching staff is still looking for, I wonder how this works. If E-Hunter decides to verbal tomorrow, what? Does UConn keep looking for another post player since these are all verbals?

Espinosa-Hunter is class of 2017.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Espinosa-Hunter is class of 2017.

Ah yes, where is my head?

Still odd that they have two committed and players like Cox, McCoy, Holmes, Chou, Jekot, and Willoughby still supposedly in play.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Ah yes, where is my head?

Still odd that they have two committed and players like Cox, McCoy, Holmes, Chou, Jekot, and Willoughby still supposedly in play.
I suspect for some of them you have used the wrong tense, as in 'were in play'. With seven freshman and sophomores and 3 2015 and 2 2016 commits that is a team of 12 plus Lawlor. Gene generally doesn't use all his scholarships as it stresses the practice time and game time management. I think they want another post player. Not sure they would refuse a guard/wing/forward that really wants to come but the list of players they are actively pursuing for 2016 may have shrunk this weekend.

Reaction Score
I suspect for some of them you have used the wrong tense, as in 'were in play'. With seven freshman and sophomores and 3 2015 and 2 2016 commits that is a team of 12 plus Lawlor. Gene generally doesn't use all his scholarships as it stresses the practice time and game time management. I think they want another post player. Not sure they would refuse a guard/wing/forward that really wants to come but the list of players they are actively pursuing for 2016 may have shrunk this weekend.
I believe it was in Altavilla's piece where it was mentioned that they are now looking for two post players and one guard for the 2016 class. My guess is that they will now pursue the 6'9" Nigerian since they can afford to develop her game for two years before actually needing her to play meaningful minutes. Just a guess, though; no inside info from this source (lol). I also think that oral commitments are going to come earlier and earlier as players jockey for positions with the very few elite teams. Recruiting classes of one or two are most likely totally over.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
boriefs - it all goes in cycles with recruiting and I doubt it changes in terms of every few years striking out on most of the players they are interested in - Uconn seldom gets serious about more than 8 players each year and those eight generally have unlimited options as far as schools interested in them - some years 6, 7, or even 8 of them will choose to go elsewhere.
It does seem that more commitments are happening earlier each year both for Uconn and for other schools. Part of that at Uconn is the condensed recruiting windows for Geno because of USA basketball commitments and for everyone partly because of NCAA rules changes.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Everything I have heard, read, or seen convinces me that Dangerfield and Espinosa-Hunter are locks for UConn.:D

Just like Diamond DeShields and Sierra Calhoun were.:eek:
I guess I was right on this one.

Reaction Score
Good now that she got her offer she can come back to Ossining where she belongs.
I can see the headline now Ossining NYS Class AA girls champions: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

The limits on practice time (e.g., sharing the Gampel court with the men and the volleyball players) may be history now that the Champions Center is in operation. Geno has already commented on how wonderful it is in so many ways, especially its 24/7 availability, plus a full court supplemented by six baskets to practice shooting. Geno could surely keeep a dozen or more players busy at once.

Reaction Score
Rated #4 by Bluestar for the 2017 class. If it matters, BS has Mikayla Boykin and Danielle Patterson as co-#1 (From NY), #2 Megan Walker. and Sayawni Lassiter at #3 (from MA).

Reaction Score
I believe it was in Altavilla's piece where it was mentioned that they are now looking for two post players and one guard for the 2016 class. My guess is that they will now pursue the 6'9" Nigerian since they can afford to develop her game for two years before actually needing her to play meaningful minutes. Just a guess, though; no inside info from this source (lol). I also think that oral commitments are going to come earlier and earlier as players jockey for positions with the very few elite teams. Recruiting classes of one or two are most likely totally over.
I would think they'd continue to recruit and take the first to verbal among Cox, McCoy and Aiyeotan.

Reaction Score
The limits on practice time (e.g., sharing the Gampel court with the men and the volleyball players) may be history now that the Champions Center is in operation. Geno has already commented on how wonderful it is in so many ways, especially its 24/7 availability, plus a full court supplemented by six baskets to practice shooting. Geno could surely keeep a dozen or more players busy at once.

I don't think practice time, per se, is the issue - since I'm sure they have always practiced up to the weekly max allowed by NCAA rules. However, as you say, the quality of practices may be improved and practice times may be more convenient for players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom