UConn offers Espinosa-Hunter | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn offers Espinosa-Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And there's NO evidence that Espinosa-Hunter did that.

She got an offer. She likely told her coaches, as one would expect. One of those coaches is connected to well known, Twitter-active Mike Flynn who tweeted the info. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just because news gets out, it doesn't mean someone is a publicity seeker.

I didn't say or imply that she is.

Reaction Score
Just because one player got an offer that someone publicized does not mean that other players did not get offers or did not already have offers. Even in today's age, there really are players who don't go out of their way to put every offer on the internet or in the newspaper.

You are right and Stewie is a prime example.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Coaches cannot comment publicly on recruits. However, I'm pretty sure they're allowed to answer reporter questions such as "have you offered player X a scholarship?" I also think they can speak off the record on which players they are interested in.
Pretty sure they cannot comment on the record anything about a recruit until the letter is signed and in their pocket. Similar to not being allowed to pose with a recruit for a newspaper photographer - yes sometimes photos get out, but it is from a private person posting it. And Uconn takes great pains in protecting recruits on campus from being contacted by the hoard or any rabid fans - while in their 'control' on campus recruits are off limits.

JS

Reaction Score
Pretty sure they cannot comment on the record anything about a recruit until the letter is signed and in their pocket.
They're allowed to say on the record whether or not they're recruiting the person. But that's it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So when will be have our first commitment?
No idea, but from the things I've heard around the WCBB world, Dangerfield, Espinosa-Hunter, McCoy and Walker all really like UCONN a lot. I don't know if they are deciding on more visits and to let the recruiting process play out, but it will be interesting to see if and when any of these kids start saying "yes"...

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I saw Espinosa Hunter with Saniya against Christ the King and Sierra Calhoun(Duke Bound) and she knocked down some deep shots. She was in 7th or 8th grade at the time. I was very impressed and yes she loves UConn.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Everything I have heard, read, or seen convinces me that Dangerfield and Espinosa-Hunter are locks for UConn.:D

Just like Diamond DeShields and Sierra Calhoun were.:eek:
There are a lot of kids that like and want to play for UConn and bask in all the glory. However circumstances change just like Diamond and Sierra and Aja and Asia. As far as all the kids who want to play for UConn go Some will Some wont but UConn continues to go on. Most terrific opportunities are disguised as work.

Reaction Score
Surely you don't think that Dangerfield came from Tennessee and Walker from Virginia just to sample the house special at Willington Pizza, do you?
I would! :D except I'm not from Tennessee or Virginia. . .

Reaction Score
No idea, but from the things I've heard around the WCBB world, Dangerfield, Espinosa-Hunter, McCoy and Walker all really like UCONN a lot. I don't know if they are deciding on more visits and to let the recruiting process play out, but it will be interesting to see if and when any of these kids start saying "yes"...
I'd take all four... Aren't Dangerfield and McCoy 2016 while Espinosa-Hunter and Walker are 2017?

Reaction Score
Everything I have heard, read, or seen convinces me that Dangerfield and Espinosa-Hunter are locks for UConn.:D

Just like Diamond DeShields and Sierra Calhoun were.:eek:

C'mon, Kib - you've lived in Connecticut long enough to know that Lock City is Stamford, not Storrs!

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'd take all four... Aren't Dangerfield and McCoy 2016 while Espinosa-Hunter and Walker are 2017?
Yes indeed. My fantasy class is Holmes/Cox, McCoy, Dangerfield and Willoughby from 2016, but most think we take 3 at most...

For 2017, I have no idea but if like Espinosa-Hunter I'd love to land her and Walker and then a post player. I'm not sure how many good post players there are in 2017 which is why I don't think it would be a bad idea to take 2 of them from 2016...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
"Cox is not leaving Texas".......

This is per my AAU friend here in Chicago. He doesn't know everything but he seems pretty sure about this.

Holmes herself said she wants to stay "close to home"

We all know these are just teenagers and anything can change in their minds. However regarding those two it's a pretty common theme throughout the country.

Could be why one of the horde stated UCONN was looking at Nancy Mulkey.

McCoy is from Illinois and all I get about her is she "really likes UCONN"... But other than that, not sure she even has a list.

2016 class seems pretty deep. Should be an interesting summer with them.

Go UCONN!!!!!

Reaction Score
Yes indeed. My fantasy class is Holmes/Cox, McCoy, Dangerfield and Willoughby from 2016, but most think we take 3 at most...

For 2017, I have no idea but if like Espinosa-Hunter I'd love to land her and Walker and then a post player. I'm not sure how many good post players there are in 2017 which is why I don't think it would be a bad idea to take 2 of them from 2016...
This almost sounds like a chinese restaurant menu..two from column A and one from column B. I know UCONN is in the east..but not that far east.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
UConn has stated that they won't offer until a player visits so it would appear that UConn has liked her for a while. It's a credit to her that she got an offer prior to her sophomore season. I seem to remember Tony C posting somewhere last season that she was on UConn's radar. Prospect nation and Hoopgurlz have their top 25 listed for 2017 and Espinoza-Hunter isn't there but Walker is on top of both lists. I would be shocked if UConn hasn't offered her a roster spot but we may need to wait till May to get the verbals.
That used to be the case but Uconn has in fact made offers in the last few years before a campus visit - the first one I remember was Hayes who not only got an offer but also committed before ever setting foot in Storrs.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
C'mon, Kib - you've lived in Connecticut long enough to know that Lock City is Stamford, not Storrs!

While we are at it, Waterbury is Brass City and Bridgeport is Park City. Don't ask me why.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Also - does it make sense to add a link to DD's blog? - don't know if that is within the range of acceptable links but it contains some nice stuff. http://doggydaddyuconn.blogspot.com
The blogs linked in the post tacked to the top of the board have been there for years and are "grandfathered". But, we now have a Boneyard Blog so beginning 2 years ago, I no longer add blog links to the UConn in the News posts or link to new UConn blogs in the permanent post.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Do you need a permit to hunt Espinosas?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The blogs linked in the post tacked to the top of the board have been there for years and are "grandfathered". But, we now have a Boneyard Blog so beginning 2 years ago, I no longer add blog links to the UConn in the News posts or link to new UConn blogs in the permanent post.
Thanks for the info. What about your site?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. What about your site?
I'm working long hours and am in the middle of youngest son's final year of marching band (he's assistant drum major and low brass section leader) so we're doing all we can to help in our spare time, such as it is. So, no time to maintain the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom