UConn Men, Women To Be Honored At Fenway Park April 22 | The Boneyard

UConn Men, Women To Be Honored At Fenway Park April 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Both the Yankees and Mets would also like to have the UConn teams come to be honored in New York the near future, but dates and details are still to be worked out. Kemba Walker, joined by teammates, threw out a first pitch at Yankee Stadium in 2011.

So did Syracuse throw out the first pitch at a Yankees or Mets game in 2003? I think we know who the real college team of New York is.

So if the Big Ten had UConn they'd have the TV market from New York City all the way up to Boston. That's a lot bigger than any TV market a current Big Ten team is in. I'd be happy to call Jim Delaney and tell him this if Warde won't.

Reaction Score
So now we are NY's college team AND Boston's college team, yet we are still unwanted by a power conference. I think I might puke.

I guess we are just going to have to take over the whole East Coast. Philly next, then DC.

Who is with me?

Reaction Score
UConn owns Boston!

Yep, we're Boston's College Team and NY's College Team. And after defeating Kentucky once again, we're probably a lot of other places college team, or at their 2nd favorite college team. We slay dragons.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Got got my tickets in the mail today. Can't wait!

Just an FYI, it looks like tickets are still available. We need to flood Fenway with all of our UConn gear!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BTW, this game is on NESN plus, not NESN

Reaction Score

Just an FYI, it looks like tickets are still available. We need to flood Fenway with all of our UConn gear!

I'm there too…….UConn gear for sure……..9th row behind the 3rd base dugout / field level………Go Huskies

Reaction Score

Tickets for the budweiser standing only area are upwards of $200. If this was a no-market team in town, I'd be there with bells on. It sucks that they made it a Sox/Yankee's game, does anyone know what is likely to even go on? an announcement about the teams being the national champions, Shabazz throws out the first pitch, any chance of Shabazz Napier bobblehead day???

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Tickets for the budweiser standing only area are upwards of $200. If this was a no-market team in town, I'd be there with bells on. It sucks that they made it a Sox/Yankee's game, does anyone know what is likely to even go on? an announcement about the teams being the national champions, Shabazz throws out the first pitch, any chance of Shabazz Napier bobblehead day???
doesn't the ncaa own his image so they wouldn't be allowed to do bobbleheads?

Reaction Score
Is YES going to have Red Sox pregame festivities? Usually, no. But if they do, it will speak to UConn reach.
My guess is that they will probably show the ceremonial first pitch in either the pregame coverage or within the first couple innings. Probably won't have too much more than that.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Maybe, I missed it...

What was the "unforeseen conflict" that kept our women's team away from Fenway?

Reaction Score
Maybe, I missed it...

Something strange here…………if it was simple enough to explain we would know right?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Maybe, I missed it...

Could it be as simple as Dolson being on the Tonight Show the next day? Maybe they figured that was too much for one week.

Reaction Score
Could it be as simple as Dolson being on the Tonight Show the next day? Maybe they figured that was too much for one week.

Heard she and Hartley couldn't make it anyway because of the Mystics……..could be simple but if it was don't you think that would have been in print somewhere…….I mean I could care less just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom