UConn @ Memphis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Memphis has managed to avoid playing east carolina and ucf this year thru the miracle of AAC scheduling. If we can beat UCF, we can also play with these guys.

yeah, we 'avoided' UCF and ECU by being assigned a conference schedule...lol

I think if we can win @Cincy and hang with UCLA all the way...we just might give UConn a game this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Memphis has managed to avoid playing east carolina and ucf this year thru the miracle of AAC scheduling. If we can beat UCF, we can also play with these guys.
UCF is having a down year as far as offense is concerned. A lot of teams have hung with them this year. We have a top 10 redzone offense in the nation and defends as well. We will see what it can muster Sunday.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It took Memphis longer than that...

2009: 2-10 (Tommy West fired)
2010: 1-11
2011: 2-10 (Larry Porter fired)
2012: 4-8
2013: 3-9

It's been a long time since we played in 5 bowls in 6 years (2003-2008)

I was talking about under the current coach. UConn has already suffered through 4 subpar seasons.

Reaction Score
I think your claim of "hanging" with ucla proves my point. They do not give any awards for getting close in fball. You shouldn't have to claim close calls in your resume.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if we will ever play Houston.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I think your claim of "hanging" with ucla proves my point. They do not give any awards for getting close in fball. You shouldn't have to claim close calls in your resume.

I disagree, we turned the moral victory at UCLA into a home crowd of 46,000+ and an ass kicking for MTSU...

If you want to be the best in your conference, you need to play the best OOC...we went all the way with UCLA, and hung 3-7 with Mississippi well into the 4th quarter...I'll let my team do the talking on Saturday.

Reaction Score
I'm excited...

SEC will fill the bowl spot.

Jan 3 means I get to spend the holidays with my family.

Sat at noon means I can drive in Friday night after work, drive home after the game Sat afternoon.

Cheap tickets, and cheap rooms.

I'll hit Dreamland and Saw's BBQ...Tour the 16th street church...and watch the Tigers take on an SEC foe.
Dreamland is way overrated. Give my Johnny Ray's or Saw's any day of the week

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Don't you guys mess up our day...

B3S_yAKCQAMeb8K.jpg

American Football ‏@American_FB
Look what has arrived in the office... This is heading to Memphis where the Tigers will play for it Saturday

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

B3S_yAKCQAMeb8K.jpg

Look what has arrived in the office... This is heading to Memphis where the Tigers will play for it Saturday

God I don't care.

Please tell me no UCONN fans go on your board posting pictures of potential trophies.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
God I don't care.

Please tell me no UCONN fans go on your board posting pictures of potential trophies.

we have several UConn posters who are regulars on our board...even more on the AAC board...I don't, however, monitor the content of their posts.

Reaction Score

B3S_yAKCQAMeb8K.jpg

You do realize that absolutely nobody here gives a crap about the AAC right? It literally exists to fill our schedule with games.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
You do realize that absolutely nobody here gives a crap about the AAC right? It literally exists to fill our schedule with games.

you do realize we play this week, right? I'll be here til Saturday evening...

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
U of Memphis was a good poster here last year and also during hoops season. Let's give this person a break. It's been a long season and we're all ornery but this guy has no troll history

Skibs...trolling is all about context. At this point, i consider even being reminded football season isn't over a troll.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
U of Memphis was a good poster here last year and also during hoops season. Let's give this person a break. It's been a long season and we're all ornery but this guy has no troll history

UConn has lots of things we'd love to have...BCS appearance...mens titles...women's titles...

We're just excited about potentially winning our first conference title since the early 70s in the MVC.

Either way, we still have to earn it on the field.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Skibs...trolling is all about context. At this point, i consider even being reminded football season isn't over a troll.

Oh, I remember the Larry Porter years, and completely get the anger...been there, done that.

Reaction Score
Given that no matter how deep in sh----t I can find myself, I always look for the upside -

maybe, this Memphis school can take on some kind of University of New Jersey role, and every time they ever want to win a championship, we can stomp them, no matter how bad we are. Wouldn't that just be sweet if that somehow can happen. You won the AAC b-ball title, sure.....but we have the national championship. You want the football title? nope - not this time. I think I found a little spark inside myself for this upcoming game, to go privately fan back into a fire.

See - no matter how deep in sh----t I am? At least I'm not submerged in sh-----t.

Reaction Score
Given that no matter how deep in sh----t I can find myself, I always look for the upside -

maybe, this Memphis school can take on some kind of University of New Jersey role, and every time they ever want to win a championship, we can stomp them, no matter how bad we are. Wouldn't that just be sweet if that somehow can happen. You won the AAC b-ball title, sure.....but we have the national championship. You want the football title? nope - not this time. I think I found a little spark inside myself for this upcoming game, to go privately fan back into a fire.

See - no matter how deep in sh----t I am? At least I'm not submerged in sh-----t.
Except Memphis didn't win the AAC hoops title. We blew them out on their home court with their fans booing their efforts and everyone in Memphis questioning if Pastner can coach. Other than that, stellar post Carl :)

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, forgot they didnt win that title either. Bobby D better bring his family and caring discipline in our Partridge family love bus on the road and whip up an old school UCONN nightmare of a drubbing of a team with championship dreams.

Reaction Score
What's up Huskies? It's that time again, Memphis and UConn will meet at Liberty Bowl Saturday for a 3pm (local time) match up on ESPN-News. Memphis is currently a 20.5 point favorite.

Memphis will be playing for a share of the AAC title, while UConn is trying to turn it's program around under a new coach.

Weather looks to be 65, cloudy, 10% rain chance.

Come on down to Memphis and enjoy some BBQ, Southern Hospitality, and good weather!
imagejpg1_zpsa947b77c.jpg
Dude... I just don't care... It's basketball season... I'm more interested in the hockey team than the football team these days.

Reaction Score
All the teams that kicked our ass last year haven't kicked our ass this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom