UConn Jr Vin Siena Signs w/ NY Mets | The Boneyard

UConn Jr Vin Siena Signs w/ NY Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Good for Vinny. Hope to see him at Citi some day soon.

Reaction Score
Brooklyn plays at the Connecticut Tigers in Norwich in early September. Assuming Vinny hasn't been promoted or whatever, I'll see him then.

Reaction Score
UConnBaseball 7:47pm via Twitter for iPhone
Batting second playing second is @Vinny_Siena...looks pretty familiar to us! #BleedBlue

Brooklyn Cyclones‏@BKCyclones
Here's the Opening Day starting lineup for Brooklyn who heads across the Verrazano to take on Staten Island tonight
CH4iA48UcAA5Gbp.jpg

mets1090

Reaction Score
Yeah Siena continues to hit well. A few doubles in like 9 games. No homeruns yet but he isn't much of a homerun guy anyways so that's not surprising. I think his OPS is around .900

mets1090

Reaction Score
Siena's doing great. He keeps this up, there is a very real chance that I won't see him with Brooklyn when they play in Norwich at the end of the season.
Just as an FYI, they kept Conforto in Brooklyn through the end of the season last year despite hitting well enough to warrant the promotion. I'm not sure what exactly the reasoning was for Conforto but I wouldn't be surprised if Siena finished the season in Brooklyn regardless of performance.

Reaction Score
Just as an FYI, they kept Conforto in Brooklyn through the end of the season last year despite hitting well enough to warrant the promotion. I'm not sure what exactly the reasoning was for Conforto but I wouldn't be surprised if Siena finished the season in Brooklyn regardless of performance.

We have had season tickets for the minor league team in Norwich for most of the time that they have had a team here. I've found that it really is hard to predict who will get promoted and when. For instance, when the Yankees still had a AA team in Norwich, it was a huge surprise when Nick Johnson stayed the full season in Norwich. He just tore the league apart.

mets1090

Reaction Score
There are a lot of factors to consider when looking at promotions. For example, sending a player to AAA for the Mets basically tells you nothing because the PCL is a joke since all the ballparks are incredibly hitter friendly, particularly their home field in Vegas. That's why you get all these AAAA players like Campbell and Recker putting up monster numbers there and then failing in the bigs.

In any event, if Vin keeps hitting he'll climb the ladder. Just need to be patient and not get discouraged if a promotion doesn't come this year.

Reaction Score
And sure enough, Vinny Siena was promoted out of Brooklyn after playing one night of a three day series at the Connecticut Tigers. Anyway, I did see Siena play that one night in Norwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom