UConn Joins Folger Institute Consortium | The Boneyard

UConn Joins Folger Institute Consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The University of Connecticut has been invited to join the Folger Institute’s consortium of more than 40 college and university members. The Folger Institute is a center for advanced study and collections-focused research in the humanities at the Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C.

The consortium currently comprises some of the most prestigious academic institutions in North America and the United Kingdom – only a third of which are public. These include the University of Maryland, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, The Ohio State University, Pennsylvania State University, and the University of Virginia. The consortium sponsors scholarly programs at the Institute.

http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2014/08/uconn-joins-folger-institute-consortium/

Reaction Score
The University of Connecticut has been invited to join the Folger Institute’s consortium of more than 40 college and university members. The Folger Institute is a center for advanced study and collections-focused research in the humanities at the Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C.

The consortium currently comprises some of the most prestigious academic institutions in North America and the United Kingdom – only a third of which are public. These include the University of Maryland, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, The Ohio State University, Pennsylvania State University, and the University of Virginia. The consortium sponsors scholarly programs at the Institute.

http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2014/08/uconn-joins-folger-institute-consortium/

Good post

Reaction Score
Does this mean that I have to switch from Maxwell House to Folgers?
the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup. That is one of those jingles that never leaves your memory.

Reaction Score
Maybe the institutions listed are there for a particular reason. They could've listed any.

Reaction Score
Things are percolating.
Mrs. Olson likes the way you think!
Mrs. Olson.jpg

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
So does this help our AAU/B1G resume or is it not worth a hill of (coffee) beans?

Reaction Score
JERRY: Oh, I'm glad you're here, so we can get this all straightened out. Would you like a cup of tea?
BOOKMAN: You got any coffee?
JERRY: Coffee?
BOOKMAN: Yeah. Coffee.
JERRY: No, I don't drink coffee.
BOOKMAN: Yeah, you don't drink coffee? How about instant coffee?
JERRY: No, I don't have--
BOOKMAN: You don't have any instant coffee?
JERRY: Well, I don't normally--
BOOKMAN: Who doesn't have instant coffee?
JERRY: I don't.
BOOKMAN: You buy a jar of Folger's Crystals, you put it in the cupboard, you forget about it. Then later on when you need it, it's there. It lasts forever. It's freeze-dried. Freeze-dried Crystals.
JERRY: Really? I'll have to remember that.

Reaction Score
JERRY: Oh, I'm glad you're here, so we can get this all straightened out. Would you like a cup of tea?
BOOKMAN: You buy a jar of Folger's Crystals, you put it in the cupboard, you forget about it. Then later on when you need it, it's there. It lasts forever. It's freeze-dried. Freeze-dried Crystals.

That episode was the best Seinfeld show, IMO. Pee Pee's and wee wee's. :D

pj

Reaction Score

This is the ACC's strategy. Put UConn on the shelf, forget about it. Later if you need it, it's there.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Is this the Helms equivalent to the AAU?

Reaction Score
That episode is on right now! :D

Reaction Score
The aau ranks its members using four criteria 1) research spending 2) The percentage of faculty who are members of the national academies 3) faculty awards 4) citations

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The aau ranks its members using four criteria 1) research spending 2) The percentage of faculty who are members of the national academies 3) faculty awards 4) citations

I'm not an expert, but I think #2 is a particular issue.

Reaction Score
Demerits to the article for not mentioning that the Folger is administered by the trustees of another New England institution: Amherst College.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom