UConn in the NFL | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NFL

Reaction Score
UConnFootball4:35pm via TweetDeck
Good luck to the 23 former Huskies that are in @NFL training camps!#work2win #BleedBlue
View attachment 10128

Looks like they went back and updated to include Smallwood
11230463-jpg.10143

Reaction Score
Sitting here watching the Cowboys live practice on ESPN and they just had Byron Jones playing linebacker in a dime package. Safety, Corner, Linebacker...

Gruden singing the praise.

Reaction Score
Dallas Cowboys news‏@dmn_cowboys 40m40 minutes ago
Rookie CB Byron Jones impresses Dez Bryant with key play in Tuesday training camp practice
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2.../?hootPostID=d8eee5967184c7d3e66103379a4c5920

>>Jones was lined up one-on-one with Dez Bryant as the entire team gathered around to watch. The first-round pick jammed the All-Pro receiver before staying with him step for step for about 30 yards. When Bryant jumped to make the catch near the left sideline, Jones was able to knock the ball out of his hands at the last second.
“That was a good job by him because I had it,” Bryant said. “He had my right arm. I practice on my left and my right enough. I had my eyes glued to the ball. He just made an outstanding play. He ripped it out.”Bryant congratulated Jones after the play.<<

>>“I like him,” Bryant said of Jones. “He’s poised. I think the beautiful thing about it is he’s willing to learn and you can see it. He’s not down on himself if he don’t make the play because he knows. And I think that’s how you become great. There’s nothing wrong with listening and I think he does a great job with that and he wants to be a great contributor when he comes to this team.”<<

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Dallas Cowboys news‏@dmn_cowboys 40m40 minutes ago
Rookie CB Byron Jones impresses Dez Bryant with key play in Tuesday training camp practice
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2.../?hootPostID=d8eee5967184c7d3e66103379a4c5920

>>Jones was lined up one-on-one with Dez Bryant as the entire team gathered around to watch. The first-round pick jammed the All-Pro receiver before staying with him step for step for about 30 yards. When Bryant jumped to make the catch near the left sideline, Jones was able to knock the ball out of his hands at the last second.
“That was a good job by him because I had it,” Bryant said. “He had my right arm. I practice on my left and my right enough. I had my eyes glued to the ball. He just made an outstanding play. He ripped it out.”Bryant congratulated Jones after the play.<<

>>“I like him,” Bryant said of Jones. “He’s poised. I think the beautiful thing about it is he’s willing to learn and you can see it. He’s not down on himself if he don’t make the play because he knows. And I think that’s how you become great. There’s nothing wrong with listening and I think he does a great job with that and he wants to be a great contributor when he comes to this team.”<<

If it's the play that Conner (I think) tweeted earlier in the day, Jones would have been called for defensive holding.

Reaction Score
If it's the play that Conner (I think) tweeted earlier in the day, Jones would have been called for defensive holding.

Tough crowd - must be a Giant's fan.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Tough crowd - must be a Giant's fan.
'Skins, but your assumption is correct. Anti-Dallas. ;)

Fact remains that the play I saw was a clear hold.

Reaction Score
'Skins, but your assumption is correct. Anti-Dallas. ;)

Fact remains that the play I saw was a clear hold.

Dez ain't one to throw out false praise (even to a teammate). I'll take his word that it was "outstanding play" by the rookie from UConn. :D

Husky25

Reaction Score
Dez ain't one to throw out false praise (even to a teammate). I'll take his word that it was "outstanding play" by the rookie from UConn. :D

I hear ya. Just sayin' that a rookie corner vs. an All-Pro WR? That's holding. Twice. Every Sunday. (My mistake. Mike Leslie, not Des Conner)...

Reaction Score
I hear ya. Just sayin' that a rookie corner vs. an All-Pro WR? That's holding. Twice. Every Sunday. (My mistake. Mike Leslie, not Des Conner)...

Watch it again. Depends on what the ref sees. I see Dez grabbing Jones and yanking him there. You don't see Dez's body move at all by a grab, only Jones's.

On the other hand, it's a smart ploy by Dez to do that. He likely gets the call even though he was the one doing most of the grabbing.

Reaction Score
Nice read on the Donald:

ChargersAug 06, 7:21pm via TweetDeck
High praise for the "stable veteran" in the backfield.
http://www.chargers.com/news/2015/08/06/stable-veteran-backfield

>>Meanwhile, there is a fourth horse in the Bolts’ stable of talented backs that doesn’t get the same publicity.

Donald Brown’s first year in San Diego didn’t go as he had hoped. A concussion suffered Week 5 against the New York Jets forced him to miss about a month which set him back the rest of the year, finishing with 85 carries for 223 yards along with a career-high 29 receptions for 211 yards. “You just have to learn from it,” he said. “The good, the bad and the indifferent. No matter what, just keep moving forward. I’m certainly a lot more comfortable this year. I know the system much better this go around and I just feel really comfortable out there.”Heading into 2015, Brown hopes to return to his 2013 form in which he averaged 5.3 yards per carry. Showing strong burst, great vision and fresh legs over the first week of training camp, he figures to play a valuable role in the team’s deep backfield.<<

>>Head Coach Mike McCoy firmly believes in a committee approach, and likes what he’s seen from the veteran thus far in camp. While it will be a fight for touches, each day Brown proves why he’ll have a role this season.
“I think you know he got dinged last year, unfortunately, early in the year. He’s a true professional and worked extremely hard. He’s one of those guys that worked so hard to get back to 100%, and really is. He’s made the most out of his opportunities out on the football field. We’re going to play a lot of guys, and he understands that and it doesn’t matter. I know we drafted Melvin, but he understands what we’re going to do and how we’re going to play the game here. (I’m) looking forward to him having a big year for us and helping us win in a number of different ways.”<<

More in the article

Reaction Score
UConnHuskies 6:31pm via Twitter Web Client
Big @gday85 checked in at No. 2 on this list...The video includes a few top-notch catches from the former #UConnWR.

New York GiantsVerified account‏@Giants
Which 5 players have made the biggest impact so far at #GiantsCamp?
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...ning-Camp/81413f64-e2f3-489b-9595-43161037de6

>>WR GEREMY DAVIS
Pegged as an immediate core special teamer, Geremy Davis, a rookie sixth-round draft pick out of Connecticut, flashed that potential as well as his receiving skills in the first handful of practices at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center. The 6-foot-2, 216-pounder has made a few highlight grabs, beginning with the first day of camp.

“I think he’s come a long way,” wide receivers coach Sean Ryan said. “The thing I really like about him is that he’s really serious. I mean, for a rookie he’s serious about his business. And he’s been that way since day one — he’s a note taker, he pays attention to everything, he’s detailed, he is as good of a worker as you can ask for with a maturity level, for a rookie, that is outstanding. And that is really what’s been most impressive to me.”<<

Reaction Score
"Day 2 Standouts for the Atlanta Falcons as per HC Dan Quinn:
CB Desmond Trufant, TE Jacob Tamme, WR Nick Williams"

Nick is working hard to become one of the Falcon's 53. Go Nicky-Will.

[/ATTACH]
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Shamar Stephen getting som run time tonight.

Nice grab by former Husky Shakim Phillips from CT product Tyler Murphy

Reaction Score
Watching Bridgewater tonight, I just keep thinking about how our D beat the out of him 2 years ago and we won the game. Holy hell, do I want a consistent winning UCONN again.

Reaction Score
Watching Bridgewater tonight, I just keep thinking about how our D beat the out of him 2 years ago and we won the game. Holy hell, do I want a consistent winning UCONN again.

Yeah because our D held Lville to 3 points that game, if our D gave up 1 TD we lose that game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom