UCONN Hockey Jerseys on the way | The Boneyard

UCONN Hockey Jerseys on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I went back and forth with Kyle Muncy today on twitter about hockey jerseys not being available. I was at the Co-Op around Thanksgiving and I asked a Co-Op employee where the hockey jerseys were. I was told that they had not carried hockey jerseys for some time and there were no plans to carry them anytime soon.

@AB6704h
@UConnTrademark Are you going to make UCONN Hockey jersey's available for sale to the public..or are you going to miss the boat on that too

@UConnTrademark3h
@AB670 They will be available for next yrs move to Hockey East. Already in the works. Just curious, what have we missed the boat on

@AB6701h
@UConnTrademark Tailgate gear...it is spotty at best...same with golf stuff (can't find a Nike branded golf bag)

I will hold my breath until I see the jerseys. Muncy is what is still wrong with UCONN athletics, part of the old guard who got promoted because he was there for X number of years. Definitely part of the Hathaway fan club!!

Reaction Score
Here is the response I got about Jersey's and other branded stuff:
@UConnTrademark40m
@AB670 That employee mispoke. We hope to have jerseys for wbb, hockey, soccer and baseball in this calendar yr.

@UConnTrademark42m
@AB670 Some branded items take longer to produce and we missed that cycle. Should be corrected soon

Reaction Score
I was worried but the new hockey uniforms are really pretty nice. I like the blue "yoke" and I was really worried that they'd do a Michigan/Penn State/Notre Dame thing and use the football helmet design on the hockey helmet. Thankfully they stayed with the more traditional solid blue.

Reaction Score
I went back and forth with Kyle Muncy today on twitter about hockey jerseys not being available. I was at the Co-Op around Thanksgiving and I asked a Co-Op employee where the hockey jerseys were. I was told that they had not carried hockey jerseys for some time and there were no plans to carry them anytime soon.

@AB6704h
@UConnTrademark Are you going to make UCONN Hockey jersey's available for sale to the public..or are you going to miss the boat on that too

@UConnTrademark3h
@AB670 They will be available for next yrs move to Hockey East. Already in the works. Just curious, what have we missed the boat on

@AB6701h
@UConnTrademark Tailgate gear...it is spotty at best...same with golf stuff (can't find a Nike branded golf bag)

I will hold my breath until I see the jerseys. Muncy is what is still wrong with UCONN athletics, part of the old guard who got promoted because he was there for X number of years. Definitely part of the Hathaway fan club!!

I love the re-branding move and the new husky has grown on me to the point were I think it is a better fit than the old one. I still am not happy about the limited gear available though. I would definitely look into a hockey jersey if available but since the re-brand in April how in the world has it taken forever to even get new basketball gear on the shelves? (Still waiting for it to appear online!!)

In total I agree that they are missing/have missed out on a significant amount of gear sales with the lag time approaching a year. Unlike my undergrad days, I WANT to give UConn my money here and they haven't provided enough licensed gear in my opinion!

Reaction Score
I love the re-branding move and the new husky has grown on me to the point were I think it is a better fit than the old one. I still am not happy about the limited gear available though. I would definitely look into a hockey jersey if available but since the re-brand in April how in the world has it taken forever to even get new basketball gear on the shelves? (Still waiting for it to appear online!!)

In total I agree that they are missing/have missed out on a significant amount of gear sales with the lag time approaching a year. Unlike my undergrad days, I WANT to give UConn my money here and they haven't provided enough licensed gear in my opinion!
Kyle Muncy was VERY receptive to my tweets. If you have suggestions, especially as an alumni you should send him a tweet if you are on twitter...of you can email him here:
kyle.muncy@uconn.edu

Reaction Score
In my business work day, I wear a LOT of sweaters. I'd like to see a golf-tennis v-necked sweater with the Husky logo over the left breast in either N.F. Blue or White with off color & red striping around the neck. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
In my business work day, I wear a LOT of sweaters. I'd like to see a golf-tennis v-necked sweater with the Husky logo over the left breast in either N.F. Blue or White with off color & red striping around the neck. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Coach let Kyle Muncy know...the more requests the better. Especially by email...

Reaction Score
There is no reason as to why UConn doesn't have every kind of merchandise and apparel imaginable, especially after the re-brand. If you want to run with the big boys you need all your students, alumni and fans sporting your logo all the time. I've been to Kentucky, Penn St and Rutgers in the past year and a half and they all blows us away. I'll be checking out UGA, Clemson, UNC, Duke, NC ST and Virginia this spring and summer. I have a feeling it will be the same.

Reaction Score

@AB6704h

@UConnTrademark3h

@AB6701h

Thank for highligting the lack of a Nike branded golf bag...Been looking for one of those for a long time...

Reaction Score
Thank for highligting the lack of a Nike branded golf bag...Been looking for one of those for a long time...
Let Muncy know what kinds of things you would like to see. He was receptive to me on twitter.

Reaction Score
There is no reason as to why UConn doesn't have every kind of merchandise and apparel imaginable, especially after the re-brand. If you want to run with the big boys you need all your students, alumni and fans sporting your logo all the time. I've been to Kentucky, Penn St and Rutgers in the past year and a half and they all blows us away. I'll be checking out UGA, Clemson, UNC, Duke, NC ST and Virginia this spring and summer. I have a feeling it will be the same.
Get in touch with Muncy via email or twitter...he seemed to be receptive to me.

Reaction Score
I know they just overhauled the uni's but will they be changing them again for Hockey East or tweaking them in any fashion?

Reaction Score
UConnTrademark5:05pm via TweetDeck
The @UConnCoop will have the @UConnMHOC jerseys on sale Wednesday am and online soon to follow
hock.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I like the home white Jersey better. Reminds me of Lake Placid.

Reaction Score
Not to gripe but it doesn't really make sense to sell away only and we probably shouldn't have to remind them to sew on the Hockey East logo. A little bit of oversight on their part especially considering 'Replica' means just that.

Reaction Score
Muncy obviously watches NHL games and not college games.

Reaction Score
Well, consider that football and hoops replicas don't come with the conference patches. So I'm not too surprised. Would be cool if they could offer it, though. And they are probably hedging their bets by only offering the road jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom