UConn. Georgetown. 2016 & 2017. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn. Georgetown. 2016 & 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
We better stock up on PFs by then to compete with Georgetown's rotation of 8 of em in 2016

Reaction Score
Who said you can never go home again? Heading into Hartford in January to play G-town. Will feel like home to me.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
We'll generally schedule one offs to get a player a game near his hometown. These days, unless it's a tournament, home and homes are almost a requirement.

Living in Wisconsin I'm hoping we can schedule one of those one-offs against Marquette next year to get Phil a home game for his senior season and Diamond a home game for his likely one season in Storrs :)

Reaction Score
exposure in wash dc has accomplished nil

only phil gamble attended huskies from '86-'89

only other achievement: article in next day wash post headlines "U-Conn." JokE; the post cannot read front of jersery or univ letterhead & would not retain or comprehend what they saw maybe b/c they cannot see; which states "UCONN"

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How can someone writing about college basketball for Sports Illustrated think that's accurate?

I don't know if it's the same for other schools, but the seeminly numerous rewritten narratives concerning UCONN over the years really piss me off. I'm sure my homer glasses are biasing my perception, but still.

Reaction Score

Au contraire! Albie Mouring out of the Maryland burbs, Rudy and Scoe out of B'more, and last but certainly not least Antric Klaiber out of Alexandria.

Reaction Score
Au contraire! Albie Mouring out of the Maryland burbs, Rudy and Scoe out of B'more, and last but certainly not least Antric Klaiber out of Alexandria.

Josh Boone & Jerome Dyson

And how in the world someone left Tim Coles out of this?

Come on!!!!

Reaction Score
You'd think our biggest rivals would be at least as eager to play us again as is mid-level, non-rival Georgetown.

You know, it's kind of sad that Cuse is our biggest rival.

Looking up and confirming that Georgetown was upper-mid-level really made it stand out how much UConn has carried the conference. Since the modern era, the Old Big East is tied with the SEC in second for championships (7; ACC has like 11). UConn has 4 of those 7 and 4 of the last 5.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Josh Boone & Jerome Dyson

And how in the world someone left Tim Coles out of this?

Come on!!!!

Nice. Now that I think about it, Willie McCloud might have something to say about this as well.

Reaction Score
Turning down a home and home with Cuse because the return game wouldn't be played in MSG should result in the immediate firing of Warde Manuel.

I'd really like to see us schedule another game in Boston. Maybe a 3 game series with ND. One home, one in ND, one in Boston.

Reaction Score
Turning down a home and home with Cuse because the return game wouldn't be played in MSG should result in the immediate firing of Warde Manuel.

I'd really like to see us schedule another game in Boston. Maybe a 3 game series with ND. One home, one in ND, one in Boston.
I'd love to see a series with Louisville, maybe the third game in DC

....after Harrell is gone.

Reaction Score
@GavinKeefe: Ollie said UConn is trying to finalize a meeting with Syracuse "down the road."

Reaction Score
@GavinKeefe: Ollie said UConn is trying to finalize a meeting with Syracuse "down the road."
Talking about meeting in the Battle for Atlantis I imagine... not sure how much school-school negotiation goes on in setting the winter tournaments up

Reaction Score
Talking about meeting in the Battle for Atlantis I imagine... not sure how much school-school negotiation goes on in setting the winter tournaments up
Pretty sure he's talking about a separate series.

Reaction Score
WingU-Conn said:

That's a great idea. When was the last time we played there? Was the Memphis game there back in 06 or 07? I'm pretty sure we played gonzaga there with the return in Seattle. cant remember when that was but that was an interesting not home but kind of home and not home but kind of home series.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

only other achievement: article in next day wash post headlines "U-Conn." JokE; the post cannot read front of jersery or univ letterhead & would not retain or comprehend what they saw maybe b/c they cannot see; which states "UCONN"
Rudy Gay disagrees.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but I don't think UConn playing mid majors helps at all. The nonconference schedule should be of P5 teams. Scheduling old BE foes who are not P5 sends a signal that UConn is still with them. Not a single BE school supported UCon during the APR debacle. I would not play them. Play other P5 schools only from any league.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but I don't think UConn playing mid majors helps at all. The nonconference schedule should be of P5 teams. Scheduling old BE foes who are not P5 sends a signal that UConn is still with them. Not a single BE school supported UCon during the APR debacle. I would not play them. Play other P5 schools only from any league.

This makes no sense. By this logic, we would be better off playing Rutgers or Penn State than Georgetown. I understand the bitterness, but don't make it seem like it's anything else.

Reaction Score
Well, their "mid-major" conference got a 2 and a 3 seed. Our league champ got a 4.

Now, we won the whole shebang, but Georgetown only helps, and denigrating the Big East--when our conference is a mess--is ridiculous.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I want Cuse. Period. I want to embarrass them. I want to watch their bitter cheater of a head coach, pedophile assistant and illiterate players walk off the court in shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom