UCONN Football Fan Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Of note:

- lots will still open 4 hrs before kickoff

- people can NOT tailgate after night games (can tailgate for 2 hours after a day game)

- NEW (I think): fans can NOT tailgate during the game. Fans have to go into the stadium or leave the lots.

- emphasis on new Husky Walk location and pregame warmup entrance through the student section.

- emphasis on getting to seats prior to kickoff and staying until the end of games.

http://issuu.com/uconnhuskies/docs/uconn_fan_guide_combined_pdf?e=0/8693299

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I believe the "no tailgating during the games" policy has been around for awhile.

Has it? I really didn't know. I've never been in the lots during games but I know of plenty who did last year without a fuss. I wonder if it will be enforced more strictly going forward.

Reaction Score
I believe the "no tailgating during the games" policy has been around for awhile.

did they ever take care of the robbery problems in the lots during games that were going on a few years ago? I never hear anything about it anymore, so assume so.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Tailgating was never supposed to be allowed after a night game, but security makes their rounds and don't return for about a half hour. It's enough time to cook a dog if you want before they return. Because of the size of the grill, we very rarely do anything more than have a beer or two and chips after a game so the traffic dies down a little. Most of the time, Security is cognizant that fans would rather wait by their cars and shoot the instead of dispersing the party and going their separate ways in a line of cars.

Opening night cannot get here soon enough. I wasn't so thrilled with the hiring of the former regime, but I held out judgment (Finally seeing the light out of the darkness After Temple 2012). I have to admit that I've been drinking the Diaco Kool-Aid since mid-December. I haven't been this thrilled about a coaching change of a team I support since the Patriots hired Parcells. He's changed the atmosphere surrounding this team in a manner I would have never thought possible and he has been a head coach for exactly zero games so far.

Instead of "Rise Up. Together, " the tag line might as well read, "Rebirth." Diaco is the reason why I've spent close to $10 Gs on UConn football since graduation.

Reaction Score
Has it? I really didn't know. I've never been in the lots during games but I know of plenty who did last year without a fuss. I wonder if it will be enforced more strictly going forward.

Yeah it's been a policy for awhile but I do not think it's very well enforced. Though I tend to go to the actual games so I'm not entirely sure, haha.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, no one will want to tailgate during the games! Will be an exciting year(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom