UConn Fantasy Sports Game? | The Boneyard

UConn Fantasy Sports Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
(Before anyone else says, yes I hate all the Draft Kings and Fan Duel ads too.)

Ok so I just want to float an idea and see if it has any interest before I go any further.

I used to play a fantasy NBA basketball game that I thoroughly enjoyed. I was thinking of it the other day when it occurred to me that it might make UConn games, which can sometimes be boring, a little more fun.

To keep it short, it would be a FREE fantasy game where each participant would choose 3 members of the UConn team and receive fantasy points based on their play. It would be a weekly game with a "salary cap". So each player would be assigned a "salary" and the game participant would have to choose 3 players and fit under the salary cap. At the end of the week points would be tallied, standings posted, and then "salaries" adjusted based on play to date.

This is just a base idea and can be adjusted based on input from everyone. Just looking to gauge interest before I see if I can make it a reality. Just thought it might be a fun to way to keep things interesting for games that are less than competitive. And with our roster being so deep it might be the perfect year to debut this game.

Reaction Score
(Before anyone else says, yes I hate all the Draft Kings and Fan Duel ads too.)

Ok so I just want to float an idea and see if it has any interest before I go any further.

I used to play a fantasy NBA basketball game that I thoroughly enjoyed. I was thinking of it the other day when it occurred to me that it might make UConn games, which can sometimes be boring, a little more fun.

To keep it short, it would be a FREE fantasy game where each participant would choose 3 members of the UConn team and receive fantasy points based on their play. It would be a weekly game with a "salary cap". So each player would be assigned a "salary" and the game participant would have to choose 3 players and fit under the salary cap. At the end of the week points would be tallied, standings posted, and then "salaries" adjusted based on play to date.

This is just a base idea and can be adjusted based on input from everyone. Just looking to gauge interest before I see if I can make it a reality. Just thought it might be a fun to way to keep things interesting for games that are less than competitive. And with our roster being so deep it might be the perfect year to debut this game.
Sounds like fun, I would play. Will the mods allow it

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I have no need to add interest and I hate the concept of fantasy sports, but ... it sounds like a pretty neat idea - limited because the number of players is so limited. Might be interesting if you added in opposition players for each game - your team is 2 or 3 Uconn players plus one opposing player (no need to worry about salary cap for the opponent - but they are sort of the wild card for each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom