Men - UConn @ Butler Bulldogs (Thursday 5/16/24 @3p, Friday 5/17/24 *@Noon* & Saturday 5/18/24 @1p) Games on FloSports/Mixlr | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men UConn @ Butler Bulldogs (Thursday 5/16/24 @3p, Friday 5/17/24 *@Noon* & Saturday 5/18/24 @1p) Games on FloSports/Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I appreciate the open mindedness. I like Jones, I honestly think Chris has grown a lot calling games on the radio. The background noise I’m referring to is not in-between innings, otherwise I think I’d be the one nitpicking. It’s not the first game and it’s been during live play which is where my frustration stems from while trying to listen. That’s really all, not a big issue. I do want to see them improve in those areas, but I’m saying that strictly as a fan with that in mind.
I’m listening to both broadcasts. On the one hand, there is the FloSports broadcast that sounds like it’s in a morgue and then there is the Mixlr broadcast that makes it actually sound like a ball game. I must admit, I’m a bit puzzled as to what the issue really is. I thought you were talking about the between inning noise, which can be comical at times.

Reaction Score
Bottom 8th, after a leadoff single, Van Emon comes out of the game. Quinn takes the mound.

Quinn leaves the runner on base. 10-9 UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m listening to both broadcasts. On the one hand, there is the FloSports broadcast that sounds like it’s in a morgue and then there is the Mixlr broadcast that makes it actually sound like a ball game. I must admit, I’m a bit puzzled as to what the issue really is. I thought you were talking about the between inning noise, which can be comical at times.
Again, If I’m complaining about in between innings background noise, I’m the balloon knot I would never even bring it up. It is beyond noticeable but it’s just an opinion.

Reaction Score
Again, If I’m complaining about in between innings background noise, I’m the balloon knot I would never even bring it up. It is beyond noticeable but it’s just an opinion.
I didn’t write “balloon knot “ but ok it works

Reaction Score
Top 9th, UConn offense leaves 2 runners on base. 10-9 UConn.

Reaction Score

I think you are right that he’s broadcasting via Mixlr via his phone and earbuds and updating Twitter on his laptop. Doing the book electronically. Jones is the man in my book.

Reaction Score
Top 9th, UConn offense leaves 2 runners on base. 10-9 UConn.
Not able to watch anymore. Please tell me there wasn't a guy on third with less than two outs.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Not able to watch anymore. Please tell me there wasn't a guy on third with less than two outs.
Nope…forced at 3rd to end the inning though.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Was that Jonesy I saw standing to the first base side behind home plate? I think it is…he walking back and forth with a scorebook in his hands. It only took me 9 innings to notice him.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
This is where CJ had to call the game from. Shame on Butler and the Big East. Terrible. Add that to the American Legion class ballpark that Butler plays in.

IMG_3220.jpeg

Reaction Score
This is where CJ had to call the game from. Shame on Butler and the Big East. Terrible. Add that to the American Legion class ballpark that Butler plays in.

View attachment 100797
Forget the park although the natural grass is great. The fact that any Div. 1 broadcasting setup home/away within any game or conference is the issue. That’s what’s terrible imo. I happen to like the American Legion esque look it’s refreshing from the turfball epidemic within sports now. Cost saving I know! It’s the biggest BS excuse. That’s not directed at Uconn btw. Seeing highlights from a game played on grass is almost obsolete lol. Sad.

Reaction Score

View attachment 100797

It is not just the Big East. It seems that Chris Jones is often outside doing the broadcast of the game for road non conference games as well. And that includes road games at power conference teams.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Forget the park although the natural grass is great. The fact that any Div. 1 broadcasting setup home/away within any game or conference is the issue. That’s what’s terrible imo. I happen to like the American Legion esque look it’s refreshing from the turfball epidemic within sports now. Cost saving I know! It’s the biggest BS excuse. That’s not directed at Uconn btw. Seeing highlights from a game played on grass is almost obsolete lol. Sad.
It would be one thing if the ballpark was well manicured. It’s not. The legion field in my town is better taken care of. And the plastic over the chain link fences…don’t get me started. Reminds of the Vikings and the metrodome, lots of plastic. Just an awful look.

Reaction Score
It would be one thing if the ballpark was well manicured. It’s not. The legion field in my town is better taken care
It certainly matters. But I would still take that over a turf field everyday. I personally think turf has completely changed baseball.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It certainly matters. But I would still take that over a turf field everyday. I personally think turf has completely changed baseball.
Not just baseball…remember this?I played a bunch of rugby matches on turf. The burns on my arms and legs were epic. Even had a few on my face. Nothing like well manicured natural grass…see Fenway Park.

IMG_3221.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32