Men - UConn @ Butler Bulldogs (Thursday 5/16/24 @3p, Friday 5/17/24 *@Noon* & Saturday 5/18/24 @1p) Games on FloSports/Mixlr | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Men UConn @ Butler Bulldogs (Thursday 5/16/24 @3p, Friday 5/17/24 *@Noon* & Saturday 5/18/24 @1p) Games on FloSports/Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bottom 5th, Butler loads the bases with no out, a walk, a single, and a bunt single. Coe comes out of the game, Van Emon takes the mound.

Reaction Score
Bottom 5th, with the bases loaded and no out, Van Emon gives up a single drives in 2 runs, 8-7 UConn. Runners on the corners.

Next batter bunts, the runner from 3B is thrown out at home plate for the 1st out. Van Emon gets the next 2 outs to end the inning. 8-7 UConn.

Reaction Score
I’m trying like heck to listen to Jonesy but it’s impossible. I’m sorry, it is. The background noise every 5 mins with papers rattling, sounds like a mix is being moved around etc etc. WTH. The basketball Program just won back to back Natl Championship’s and the baseball program can’t even get something to sound somewhat professional! It’s a disgrace! And I’m ok stating this.

Reaction Score
Top 6th, 1st 2 UConn batters reach base on a walk and a hit by pitch, an error on a pick off attempt moves both runners into scoring position. Padilla follows with a no out double that drives in 2 runs, 10-7 UConn.

Padilla is left on base.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I’m trying like heck to listen to Jonesy but it’s impossible. I’m sorry, it is. The background noise every 5 mins with papers rattling, sounds like a mix is being moved around etc etc. WTH. The basketball Program just won back to back Natl Championship’s and the baseball program can’t even get something to sound somewhat professional! It’s a disgrace! And I’m ok stating this.
Well, it’s certainly not CJs fault. But a mute button in between innings would go a long way. Or maybe some music. You haven’t been shy about it, but you have some valid points. There is a lot of CJ love here, myself included, so I commend you for asking for better. There is always room for improvement.

Reaction Score

Hardly impossible for me. There may be some background noise, but I don't have any problem listening to Chris Jones, it doesn't bother me. Just too bad he isn't able to do more games from the press box at various fields.

Reaction Score
Jonesy is at the mercy of the hosting team facilities. Most often they just throw him on a fold out tailgate table in the top row of the bleachers. I remember playing at Umass and he would be sitting behind our ondeck circle like it was some AAU summer tournament.

Also, once school ends, the back end production help from Storrs drops off to almost nothing. Happens every year.

Reaction Score
I’m trying like heck to listen to Jonesy but it’s impossible. I’m sorry, it is. The background noise every 5 mins with papers rattling, sounds like a mix is being moved around etc etc. WTH. The basketball Program just won back to back Natl Championship’s and the baseball program
can’t even get something to sound somewhat professional! It’s a disgrace! And I’m ok stating this.

Our athletic department operates at a $30 mil deficit. There is a good chance CJ is broadcasting from a table out in the rain today for the 76 of us listening on Mixlr. Nothing is free anymore - I appreciate what they are giving us. I’d pay for an upgraded radio broadcast, maybe a few others would too. But not enough to cover the bill.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
This game is driving me nuts.

Explode House On Fire GIF

Reaction Score
Bottom 6th, Van Emon gives up 2 singles to start the inning. With 1 out, a single and an error by Shpur on the same play brings in a run, 10-8 UConn. Van Emon gets out of the inning stranding 2 runners on base, and gets 3 strikeouts that inning. 10-8 UConn.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Our athletic department operates at a $30 mil deficit. There is a good chance CJ is broadcasting from a table out in the rain today for the 76 of us listening on Mixlr. Nothing is free anymore - I appreciate what they are giving us. I’d pay for an upgraded radio broadcast, maybe a few others would too. But not enough to cover the bill.
On his iPhone for that matter.

Reaction Score
Top 7th, 1st 2 UConn batters reach base. With 1 out, a double steal by Minick and Shpur moves both runners into scoring position. They are left on base. 10-8 UConn.

Reaction Score
Well, it’s certainly not CJs fault. But a mute button in between innings would go a long way. Or maybe some music. You haven’t been shy about it, but you have some valid points. There is a lot of CJ love here, myself included, so I commend you for asking for better. There is always room for improvement.
I appreciate the open mindedness. I like Jones, I honestly think Chris has grown a lot calling games on the radio. The background noise I’m referring to is not in-between innings, otherwise I think I’d be the one nitpicking. It’s not the first game and it’s been during live play which is where my frustration stems from while trying to listen. That’s really all, not a big issue. I do want to see them improve in those areas, but I’m saying that strictly as a fan with that in mind.

Reaction Score
Chris Jones has been very critical of the home plate umpire's strike zone all game for both teams.

Reaction Score
Not that I want to - but I can’t argue with what ur saying. It’s not a revenue generating sport but noise cancelling mics to drown out the normal noises any person may make themselves or by doing anything while broadcasting. It seems like petty cash in the grand scheme of things but if a 30 mil deficit is the reality, I suppose it’s not a petty cash item.

Reaction Score
Bottom 7th, with 2 outs, 2 singles put runners on the corners. Another single brings in a run, 10-9 UConn. Van Emon gets 3 strikeouts that inning and leaves 2 runners on base.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Our pitching is really scaring me right now. I have to give a vote of no confidence at this point. We may need 15 runs to hold them off today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom