Here's what I was able to dig up:

Cape---Brewster---Ruotolo & Mahoney
Bourne---Sienna & Coletti (if healthy)
Hyannis--Melley
Wareham--Zapata & Kay

New England League---Laconia---Sundberg & Sullivan
Mystic---Hill
Vermont--Niego

Futures-----Martha's Vineyard---Wm. Montgomerie (incoming recruit)
Torrington----Olmstsead & incoming recruits Yahn & Reisdorf

Reaction Score
Good stuff.

Here's two more:

Northwoods League
Madison - Slade & Over

Reaction Score
Interesting that Sienna goes from the Cape league roster to the N.E. League. He didn't do all that well at the Cape last summer. Unfortunately, it carried over to this season.
He did seem to be coming on late in this season. Hopefully he can build in a less competitive league.

Reaction Score
Interesting that Sienna goes from the Cape league roster to the N.E. League. He didn't do all that well at the Cape last summer. Unfortunately, it carried over to this season.
He did seem to be coming on late in this season. Hopefully he can build in a less competitive league.

I find that interesting as well. Also of interest is that Max McDowell is not listed. Unless he is nursing an injury, I would have figured he would have been playing somewhere this summer.

Reaction Score
Max McDowell played all season with a torn labrum in his hip and I believe he is having surgery.

Reaction Score
Max McDowell played all season with a torn labrum in his hip and I believe he is having surgery.

That answers that question. Thanks!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Anthony Kay 8 innings of relief. Allows 2 hits and 1 ER against Cotuit in the Cape tonight. At one point had retired 16 in a row. Going to be a tough call in the spring whether to start or bring him as a shut down guy out of the pen. Having Cross and Tabakman at the top of the rotation, maybe lean toward late inning roll, like we saw at tail end of the season

Reaction Score
Anthony Kay 8 innings of relief. Allows 2 hits and 1 ER against Cotuit in the Cape tonight. At one point had retired 16 in a row. Going to be a tough call in the spring whether to start or bring him as a shut down guy out of the pen. Having Cross and Tabakman at the top of the rotation, maybe lean toward late inning roll, like we saw at tail end of the season

Before he protected his twitter account, Tabakman had recently changed his UConn graduation date from 2014 to 2015, so it sure looks like he will be back. Assuming they are healthy, I would think Tabakman and Cross are sure weekend starters. It would seem that Kay and Zapata would be first in line for the third weekend starting spot. For next season I like to see Kay coming out of the bullpen to increase the quality of late inning relief duties (together with Ruotolo and Mahoney), with Zapata starting. Either starting or relieving, Kay will continue to be a big cog on the pitching staff.

Reaction Score
Tabakman & Cross will definitely start on weekends. Either Zaapata or Kay will round out the w/e staff. Callahan Brown, Ryan Radue, and Sam Neiapresky (sp) are pitching exceptionally well this summer and could get weekday gigs. We do need to win more than our share of games vs Hartford, Bryant, Stony Brook, etc.

Reaction Score
Tabakman is definetely back next year. David Mahoney though may be done. He graduated in May and had 1 year of eligibility but I think he was burned out and wanted to move on to other things.

Reaction Score
The way Penders releases info on the team, it may take until Feb. to learn who's back.
Our best hitter, Blake Davey, I knew nothing of him until the Feb. roster was released.
Penders must have his reasons for all the secrecy.

Reaction Score
Tabakman is definetely back next year. David Mahoney though may be done. He graduated in May and had 1 year of eligibility but I think he was burned out and wanted to move on to other things.

I had read somewhere during the UConn baseball season that Mahoney was going to graduate school at UConn and play one more year. We'll see it it happens. That's one reason I would like to see Kay in the bullpen. It would spread the late inning relief work around between Kay, Ruotolo, and Mahoney, and hopefully none of them would be overworked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom