UConn Baseball Mid-Week Games ~ Northeastern (4/7) & University of Hartford (4/8) | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Mid-Week Games ~ Northeastern (4/7) & University of Hartford (4/8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
We always "need" to win the games against regional opponents, but after what could/should have been a sweep this past weekend we really need to win these two games for my sanity.

Reaction Score
>>The UConn baseball (19-11) team looks to continue its strong start to midweek play when it hosts regional foes Northeastern and Hartford this week at J.O. Christian Field. The Huskies from Connecticut will host the Huskies from Boston on Tuesday, April 7 at 3 p.m. before welcoming the Hawks on Wednesday, April 8, also at 3 p.m. The Hartford game was originally scheduled for Monday but moved due to the Hawks league schedule.<<

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/040615aad.html

mets1090

Reaction Score
Down 1-0 but threatening with 2 in scoring position and one out in the bottom of the 4th.

Edit: Yahn singles in one of the runners but JDD and Testani go down quietly and fail to bring in any further runs. Tie ballgame.

Reaction Score
Offense no exactly clicking today. Strand runner at third and less than 2 outs. Unfortunately I think it is due to being too aggressive at the plate and not taking enough pitches again.

Reaction Score
Siena with a 2 run home run in bottom of the 7th. UConn leads 3-1

mets1090

Reaction Score
Offense no exactly clicking today. Strand runner at third and less than 2 outs. Unfortunately I think it is due to being too aggressive at the plate and not taking enough pitches again.
Haven't been able to listen so I'm just following on the Gametracker. Looks like they've had their share of base runners but haven't been able to do much in terms of big hits. That is until Siena just hit that 2 run homerun to make it 3-1. Hopefully the pitching can hold on to this one.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
5-1 now in the 8th. Zapata was dealing. No hits after the 3rd and NU lone run was manufactured. RBI was on a fielder's choice.

Only a one man booth today. Color man must have had class.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
American_BSB 4:59pm via TweetDeck
Andrew Zapata threw seven innings of one-run ball in @UConnBaseball's 9-1 win over Northeastern.
CCBINa1W8AAG-ku.jpg

Reaction Score
UConnBaseball 9:22am via TweetDeck
SCHEDULE NOTE | Today's game against @UHartBaseball has been moved to the Hawks' Fiondella Field in West Hartford:
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/040615aad.html

>>The UConn baseball (20-11) game originally scheduled to be played in Storrs against Hartford (10-16) will now be played at UHart's Fiondella Field in West Hartford due to unplayable field conditions at J.O. Christian Field. First pitch will remain at 3 p.m. with the Huskies playing as the visitors.<<

mets1090

Reaction Score
Again the positive spin is that playing a bad team on the road is less bad for your RPI than playing them at home.

Hartford's RPI (from Boyd's World) is 271. Home or away, this needs to be a win for UConn.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Bats quiet so far to say the least. 1 hit for the Huskies through 4.2 innings. Trailing 1-0.

Sundberg has 3 walks and has stolen second all 3 times but no one has been able to find a way to get him home.

Hartford is already on their third pitcher so unless one of these relievers is good to go 4 or 5 innings we should see about 6 pitchers. Hopefully one of them isn't so sharp and UConn can put up a crooked number.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Ugly game so far. Down 2-0 but Hartford has the bases loaded with 1 out and Darras taking over for Radue on the hill. Will be lucky to be reasonably within striking distance after this inning.

For a guy with solid stats, I feel like it's always a struggle with Radue on the mound. I could be imagining things but it seems like he's always behind in counts.

Reaction Score
Ugly game so far. Down 2-0 but Hartford has the bases loaded with 1 out and Darras taking over for Radue on the hill. Will be lucky to be reasonably within striking distance after this inning.

For a guy with solid stats, I feel like it's always a struggle with Radue on the mound. I could be imagining things but it seems like he's always behind in counts.
I feel the same way about Darras. The guy has a good ERA but every time he is out there he is very wild. Walks and wild pitches today and now 5-0 Hartford. If Over is okay I think Penders needs to start working him back into the rotation because I have no confidence in Darras at all.
As far as the offense, non-existent and when you give the other teams outs on the base paths that doesn't help the cause. Why is McDowell trying to stretch a single into a double trailing at the time 1-0 and it would have been 1st and 3rd and 1 out. Just not smart when you are struggling for runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom