UConn Baseball Hosts Massachusetts, UMass Lowell In The Midweek | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Hosts Massachusetts, UMass Lowell In The Midweek

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Things spiraled out of control for Lowell in the 7th. 12-1 Huskies.

Montgomerie's final line is 6.2 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 6 K.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Troy Stefanski just got a double in garbage time. Out of curiosity I looked him up and found this article...

http://www.thewesterlysun.com/sport...fanski-beats-the-odds-to-earn-mvp-honors.html

1) It says he was not intending to try out for the team when he got to UConn which is interesting.
2) He threw a no hitter and hit for the cycle in his final High School game. What a way to go out.

Walk-ons and local guys are the easiest to root for. Even better when a guys ends up being both. Here's hoping that he can have a nice career here by the time he graduates.

Reaction Score
Montgomerie has held Lowell scoreless through 2. JDD homers in the bottom half of the second to put the Huskies on top 1-0.

Daniello is once again not playing today. Hopefully it's just a precaution to make sure he's ready for the weekend series. Unable to listen to the radio feed so I don't know if they've addressed it or not.

The WHUS guys were talking about Daniello's injury today. I can't for the life of me remember what the injury is, but they did say he was being held out to give him time to heal, and that Daniello would have played if it were a weekend conference game.

Reaction Score
Walk-ons and local guys are the easiest to root for. Even better when a guys ends up being both. Here's hoping that he can have a nice career here by the time he graduates.

In the post game interview Penders was saying positive things about Stefanski, one of the walk ons, saying that he likes his bat, and that he might have a nice baseball future at UConn. He was implying that potentially you might be seeing more of him off the bench. I'm not sure this will ever happen, but the comments I've seen Penders make about Stefanski sort of remind me of the things that Penders used to say about Sundberg before he became a starter.

Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/042215aaa.html

Game Notes:
  • UConn is now 2-3 all-time against UMass Lowell, with Wednesday the first meeting since 1940
  • William Montgomerie is 3-1 with a 2.03 ERA in five starts on the mound
  • Vinny Siena has reached base safely in 33-straight contests and recorded his third game this season with at least five RBIs
  • UConn has scored seven or more runs against nine of 10 New England neighbors this year and has scored in double-digits in five of those contests
  • Aaron Hill has five multi-hit games in his last six starts
Up next, UConn hosts a crucial American Athletic Conference series against Memphis at J.O. Christian Field. The Huskies and Tigers kick off a three-game set on Friday, April 24 at 3 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom