UConn Baseball and AAC Conference Tourney - 1st Game Wednesday v. Tulane | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball and AAC Conference Tourney - 1st Game Wednesday v. Tulane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn Baseball‏@UConnBaseball
NOT. DONE. YET. #UConn completes an improbable comeback to stay alive at the @American_BSB Championship! #BleedBlue
CFpLvHMW0AAl6zO.jpg

Reaction Score
I watched game so wasn't listening... any confirmation buy CJ on WHUS on length of Cross suspension?

Reaction Score
Interesting? He was coming out of the pen in big time situations for a good portion of last season. Frankly, I was expecting it when they went ahead.

Well, yeah. I was thinking he was going to go with Kay tomorrow in game 1 or 2. I also thought he might've stuck with Holmes.

Reaction Score
Both Penders and Deroche-Duffin stressing the importance of Yahn and Hill's at bats in the 7th.

Reaction Score
Yes. Cross is out for the AAC tournament.

Thanks - couldn't find confirmation on whether it was a game misconduct/unsportsmanlike or verbal abuse/bench-jockeying suspension (different levels)

Reaction Score
Well, yeah. I was thinking he was going to go with Kay tomorrow in game 1 or 2. I also thought he might've stuck with Holmes.

I expect Kay will be coming out of the bullpen as long as UConn stays alive. As for starters, Montgomerie game one tomorrow, and take your pick of either Zapata and/or Nepiarsky for the two games after that if they are still in it.

Reaction Score
UConn gets Davey back tomorrow. Let's hope he and the rest of the team can resist saying stupid things to the umpires.

Reaction Score
Epic game! I turned on the stream just before the home run to put us ahead. Question, do we need to win both games tomorrow in order to advance?

Reaction Score
Epic game! I turned on the stream just before the home run to put us ahead. Question, do we need to win both games tomorrow in order to advance?

Yes. UConn needs to win three games total to win the AAC. If they lose, they are out.

Reaction Score
Wow... Incredible job! I have to admit, after Tulane's lead got to 6-2, I turned the game off in frustration. I knew we were a better team than that, but I was fuming as the season seemed to be slipping away. Overjoyed to see I f-cked up real, real bad.

Reaction Score
Both Penders and Deroche-Duffin stressing the importance of Yahn and Hill's at bats in the 7th.
You sure it was Hill. He had a tough game with 3 strikeouts. Testani had a big hit in the 8th and Yavorone also had a couple of hits although the one in the 8th should have been an error. Nice to see the other team mess up. Thought things were going to go south after Sundberg struck out, but the next three hits by Siena, Melley and Deroche-Duffin were just clutch.

Reaction Score
Over is hurt. Kay is coming in.

I've said it before. No matter how aggravated you get at this team, you can never totally give up on them, as they will do stuff like this. Absolutely amazing.
Wow, didn't realize Over was hurt again. Not good for a tourney like this where we need arms.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You sure it was Hill. He had a tough game with 3 strikeouts. Testani had a big hit in the 8th and Yavorone also had a couple of hits although the one in the 8th should have been an error. Nice to see the other team mess up. Thought things were going to go south after Sundberg struck out, but the next three hits by Siena, Melley and Deroche-Duffin were just clutch.
I'll Hill had a long at bat against Gibault to end the 7th. Maybe 10 or 11 pitches. Probably giving credit to that for tiring him a bit before the 8th when the offense exploded. Hard to remember. Being there everything just kinda blends together. I know Hill had a long at bat at some point though.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Wow, didn't realize Over was hurt again. Not good for a tourney like this where we need arms.
Yeah Over has been behind the plate with the radar gun.

Reaction Score
I'll Hill had a long at bat against Gibault to end the 7th. Maybe 10 or 11 pitches. Probably giving credit to that for tiring him a bit before the 8th when the offense exploded. Hard to remember. Being there everything just kinda blends together. I know Hill had a long at bat at some point though.
Yeah your right I think the at bat in the 7th was a lengthy one. Good call.

Reaction Score
It was in reference to the one in the 7th. They said it tired their pitcher out a but and let them get a better feel for him.

Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/052215aaa.html

Game Notes
  • UConn is now 3-2 all-time against Tulane, with all five meetings coming this season
  • Joe DeRoche-Duffin is the lone Husky to homer in back-to-back games this year and has now done so on three separate occasions
  • Vinny Siena scored twice to push his season total to 63 runs, tied with Mike Nemeth and Pierre LePage in 2010 for fifth-most in a season in program history
  • Jordan Tabakman raised his career inning total to 269.1, third-most in UConn history
  • UConn improved to 17-2 when scoring in the first inning and 23-5 when scoring first in 2015
  • Bobby Melley notched his 19th double to move into a tie with Blake Davey for most in The American. Melley now has 44 career doubles, ninth in program history

Reaction Score
Wow... Incredible job! I have to admit, after Tulane's lead got to 6-2, I turned the game off in frustration. I knew we were a better team than that, but I was fuming as the season seemed to be slipping away. Overjoyed to see I f-cked up real, real bad.

Me too, except I kind of had to get some work done today. Reservations for tomorrow when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom