UConn Baseball 2014 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Cripes... Last year AAron Hill was facing East Lyme pitching - this weekend Ohio State and Auburn staffs. ;)

Well, Penders has been saying great things about Hill, about how he is the shortstop of the future, and how he was going to get a lot of playing time this season. Of course, I'm guessing that the original plan wasn't to have to play Hill all three games of the first weekend.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Is the game on WHUS today? No reference to it in the "On the Air" section of the sports page.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Is the game on WHUS today? No reference to it in the "On the Air" section of the sports page.
UConnhuskies.com says yes. Is there an app that gets WHUS? I haven't been able to tune into 91.7 if I'm any further than Tolland.

Reaction Score
Daniello has the flexibility to help UConn baseball
http://www.thehour.com/sports/john-...cle_2188e576-e4f8-57f9-894e-51fdf4e0cd76.html

>>The veteran Huskies boss will have no problem finding a place to play Daniello during the upcoming UConn season, which begins Friday with a game against Ohio State University in Port Charlotte, Fla. "He can play third, second or shortstop. He's capable of playing them all and I'm definitely comfortable with him playing all three," said Penders during UConn's annual baseball media day at the Star Hill Family Athletic Center, the program's indoor practice facility located approximately 10 miles off campus. "And he can play outfield if we need him to, as well."<<

>>While the Huskies open against Ohio State, Daniello won't see action until Saturday, the second game of the season against Indiana State. He's sitting out the opener for disciplinary reasons. "I overslept and missed a team study hall," Daniello admitted rather sheepishly. "It's my own fault. I just overslept. Coach said don't let it happen again and I'm not going to." After missing the last seven games of last season, having to sit out one more game will prove to be that much more painful for Daniello.<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So it sounds like we are without Verdi and Daniello for opening game already. Guess we will see Hill and not sure what other Freshman right out of the gate. Also, is radio the only coverage of this game? Any Gametracker or TV?

Reaction Score
So it sounds like we are without Verdi and Daniello for opening game already. Guess we will see Hill and not sure what other Freshman right out of the gate. Also, is radio the only coverage of this game? Any Gametracker or TV?

I only see radio (even checked OSU site). My guess is Chris Jones twitter (@JonesCcj) will be active as well?

Reaction Score
UConnhuskies.com says yes. Is there an app that gets WHUS? I haven't been able to tune into 91.7 if I'm any further than Tolland.

The myUConn app (android and iOS) has a live stream from WHUS. I think it's worth having on my phone to ensure that no matter what, I'll have a way to at least hear games.
http://my.uconn.edu/

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The myUConn app (android and iOS) has a live stream from WHUS. I think it's worth having on my phone to ensure that no matter what, I'll have a way to at least hear games.
http://my.uconn.edu/
AND IT'S FREE!!!!! Thank you. I just downloaded it.

Reaction Score
Daniello has the flexibility to help UConn baseball
http://www.thehour.com/sports/john-...cle_2188e576-e4f8-57f9-894e-51fdf4e0cd76.html

>>The veteran Huskies boss will have no problem finding a place to play Daniello during the upcoming UConn season, which begins Friday with a game against Ohio State University in Port Charlotte, Fla. "He can play third, second or shortstop. He's capable of playing them all and I'm definitely comfortable with him playing all three," said Penders during UConn's annual baseball media day at the Star Hill Family Athletic Center, the program's indoor practice facility located approximately 10 miles off campus. "And he can play outfield if we need him to, as well."<<

While the Huskies open against Ohio State, Daniello won't see action until Saturday, the second game of the season against Indiana State. He's sitting out the opener for disciplinary reasons. "I overslept and missed a team study hall," Daniello admitted rather sheepishly. "It's my own fault. I just overslept. Coach said don't let it happen again and I'm not going to." After missing the last seven games of last season, having to sit out one more game will prove to be that much more painful for Daniello.<<

Sort of confused by this article as it is Sundberg who is suspended and not Daniello wjo is playing opening day?>>

Reaction Score
Sort of confused by this article as it is Sundberg who is suspended and not Daniello wjo is playing opening day?>>

Got me... Penders change his mind because of Verdi injury?

Reaction Score
Got me... Penders change his mind because of Verdi injury?

I'm inclined to think so. I would guess Daniello will serve his suspension after Verdi comes back. I don't think Penders wants to see Ryan Sullivan or even Testani at third any time soon.

In one of the Penders interviews that Chris Jones did, Penders said that Sundberg would serve a one game suspension during the Florida trip for some unspecified violation of team rules.

Reaction Score
Dang, we lost 8-2.

Upset news: Kentucky takes down #2, Virginia.

Reaction Score
During his freshman year I thought Testani was going to be a pretty good offensive player, with an ok batting average with some power and lots of walks and hit by pitches that would really boost his on base percentage. However, last year Testani struck out in over a third of his official at bats, and his batting average sank out of sight. Anyway, Testani had a tough game against Ohio State, striking out three times. It sounded a lot like last year. With all the new outfield options that Penders has it wouldn't surprise me if someone else is starting in right field tomorrow.

Reaction Score
During his freshman year I thought Testani was going to be a pretty good offensive player, with an ok batting average with some power and lots of walks and hit by pitches that would really boost his on base percentage. However, last year Testani struck out in over a third of his official at bats, and his batting average sank out of sight. Anyway, Testani had a tough game against Ohio State, striking out three times. It sounded a lot like last year. With all the new outfield options that Penders has it wouldn't surprise me if someone else is starting in right field tomorrow.
I agree, 3 AB's and 3 K's, he needs to be on a short string. If he doesn't get it done early this year need to move on to next option.

Reaction Score
UConnBaseball11:59am via TweetDeck
Nice feature in @NE_Baseball on #UConn's first season in #AmericanBSB, with quotes from Penders, Marzi and Olmstead:digital.baseballjournal.com/nxtbooks/seama

Just an FYI... the digital subscription to New England Baseball Journal is free...
Still interested to know why we are not seeing Olmstead this year. I know we have a lot of OF's but why did he choose to play Sullivan over Olmstead if he was more highly regarded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom