UConn back in the AP poll- #22 | The Boneyard

UConn back in the AP poll- #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Seems about right to me. Great job fighting back into the top 25. I hope we play with the energy for a full 40 minutes every game going forward, like the Houston game. Man that was fun to watch.

Reaction Score
In April we'll be better than 22. Never get caught up in pre-March rankings...

Reaction Score
Good to see that Wisconsin and Ohio State were dropped from the rankings.

Reaction Score
Good to see that Wisconsin and Ohio State were dropped from the rankings.
I am grateful that I no longer have to hear about Wisconsin being the "most well rounded team in the NCAA" and anything that reduces the Arron Craft "being in the news as the best PG guard in the country" hype is also a good thing. We all know who the best PG in the country is- time to start talking more about him.

Reaction Score
This is where the American offices need to be pumping out press releases and tweets pushing the narrative. No one in the national media is carrying the story on its own.
Send to Herbst and Warde.

Reaction Score
That Duke jump is ridiculous………c'mon please. Anyone else lose to Syracuse this year and jump 6 spots?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I know it was an OT loss on the road against the new #1 team but Duke moving UP 6 spots?

Edit: Iowa St. has an almost identical week as Duke and remains at their previous week's ranking.

Duke is legitimately the only team in the country that could pull this off. Shameful.

Reaction Score
the coaches poll in garbage. they all over rate the teams in their own conf. or teams they played.

Reaction Score
AAC has 5 teams out of 10 in the top 30: 50%
BE has 2 teams out of 10: 20%
ACC has 4 teams out of 15: 27%
Right. This is great. The top of the conference is pretty strong.

What hurts this conference is the bottom. The RPI rankings of the bottom 5 schools:
177 (Houston)
173 (Temple)
203 (Rutgers)
193 (UCF)
144 (USF)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Duke is legitimately the only team in the country that could pull this off. Shameful.
It is what it is. Hopefully we can give them another loss come March.

Reaction Score
Still unranked in the Coaches poll: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaab/polls/
I can't take the coaches poll serious anymore. Ville is a perfect example. They are ranked #10, where UConn is ranked #27. I know they beat Uconn @ Gampel by double digits, but that is basically worth 17 spots? They haven't beat anyone else significant all year. I know we have the bad Houston loss, but that disparity makes little sense.

Lunardi has UConn #28 on his S-Curve, while Palm has UConn as a 5 seed this morning, with Ville as a 6 seed. People can't make up their mind where we are at this point, which is fine. Lot of games against good teams coming up.

Reaction Score

I remember in the days of yore, when if you lost, you dropped in the rankings. If you won, you moved up. In recent years, we've seen too much of the opposite. How the hell do you lose, and move up 6 spots?!!!! How do you win, and drop??? I don't get it. This shouldn't be about popularity contests. popularity contests!!!

OK. Rant over.

Reaction Score
I remember in the days of yore, when if you lost, you dropped in the rankings. If you won, you moved up. In recent years, we've seen too much of the opposite. How the hell do you lose, and move up 6 spots?!!!! How do you win, and drop??? I don't get it. This shouldn't be about popularity contests. popularity contests!!!

OK. Rant over.
Absolutely true that only Dook would get this treatment but I see pretty easily understood rationale.
1. The big game of the weekend just before football ends & college hoops gets biggest spotlight
2. Great game
3. OT
4. Dook got jobbed on the dunk attempt and likely wins the game with a correct call even though their 2 big guys fouled out after Christmas did a little LeBron James style embellishment to get some fouls called.
Now please excuse me, I need to go wash my hands and soak my keyboard in acid after typing this defense of dook crap.

Reaction Score
One thing that really gets me about this poll is that earlier in the season, I am convinced that UConn was dinged a little bit for 1 point wins over Indiana, Maryland and Florida. But look at Michigan and how they were rewarded (by not dropping) for losing to Indiana this week. A loss to Indiana doesn't hurt, but it feels like people hold UConn's win over Indiana against Uconn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom