UCONN averaging 98.5 PPG | The Boneyard

UCONN averaging 98.5 PPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it's only 2 games into the season, but still that's a lotta points! Our offense is like a well-oiled machine so far! Could we potentially break some offensive records this season?!? We'll just have to wait and see!

Reaction Score
And tonight there were stretches where they were out of sorts on offense and they still hung 97.

Reaction Score
Our margin of victory by year's end may be the greatest in NCAA history. I know it's early, and one doesn't want to fall on the wrong side of the sin of hubris, but we may be witnessing the greatest women's team ever. Calling on Tony C for his incisive analyses.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I wrote a post in the beginning of the September...where I said that it was going to be very difficult to keep this team under a 100 points. Of course, the usual naysayers jumped on me and said that no team could average 100. I clarified and pointed out that I actually said that it would be difficult for this team not to score 100 points. I never said they would average 100 points. I just see this team with way too much fire power for most of the teams out there. Will there be a couple or a few team that hold them down in the 80's or even the 70's possible...but, on most nights they are going to be in the 90s and flirting with 100. Tonight they did not play particularly well but they still dropped 97 points. Realistically...Morgan scored a very quiet 15 points. Moriah 3 point shot wasn't dropping. Kia Nurse's offense wasn't really where it usually is. Breanna came to life in the second half...(foul trouble in the first...one terrible call, by the way). Gabby was incredible in the first half and then her offense fell off in the second half. The bench did okay but they are capable of so much more. I'm telling you this team will set a new record this year for points scored per game and I think that record is going to stand for a long time. :)

Here is my original post from September 4, 2015.

It will be hard to keep this team from scoring 100 points
Discussion in 'UConn Women's Basketball' started by cferraro04, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Breanna Stewart - 25 minutes; 19 points
    Moriah Jefferson - 26 minutes; 14 points
    Morgan Tuck - 23 minutes; 14 points
    Kia Nurse - 25 minutes; 12 points
    Saniya Chong - 17 minutes; 7 points
    Gabby Williams - 15 minutes; 10 points
    Katie Lou Samuelson - 15 minutes; 8 points
    Napheesa Collier - 15 minutes; 7 points
    Natalie Butler - 12 minutes; 6 points
    Courtney Ekmark - 12 minutes; 3 points
    De'Janae Boykins - 10 minutes; 4 points
    Brianna Pulido - 2 1/2 minutes; .3 points
    Tierney Lawlor - 2 1/2 minutes; .5 points

totals: 200 minutes; 104.8 points... I just don't know how there is enough basketballs to go around with this team. We all know from experience that no team is going to average 100 points. But unless Geno deliberately puts the brakes on, plays the reserves a lot of minutes I just don't see how this high octane group of competitors doesn't score 100 points.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc