UConn Athletics Drive to 5K | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Athletics Drive to 5K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConnTrumbull said:
Real talk: does a $10-20 donation count for being a donor? Or is it significantly higher? UCONN needs to promote this at sporting events. I saw it on the jumbo tron last night at the bball game but I think they should have a sort of recruiting booth at games. Give away goofy little buttons or something and tell drunk fans at tailgates to become a donor.
10-20 is still considered a donor. You just won't accumulate any "points" for preferred seating until you hit the 100.00 mark. You get 1 point per 100.00 dollars donated. I casually asked one day how many points the top people had and they said like 50,000 or something ridiculous!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
They also have their names on buildings.

Reaction Score
Made my donation last night. Also, if anyone is interested in donating, you can check your employer's matching grant program. My company matches donations made to the UConn Foundation (among other UConn related branches). There are two options with my employer: 1) you make the donation through the UConn site and put in a request through your employer's matching grant site; 2) you can search for foundations/charities through your employer's matching grant site and donate directly through the matching site. Those might be available with your employer too.

One more thing - after you donate, you can share that information on social media sites to spread the word. Maybe your post will inspire someone else to donate, maybe it won't. But it doesn't hurt to share.

5K!

Stupid question: they're counting new donors, right?

If that's the case, shouldn't most of the people on this board already be listed as donors (at least because of football)?

Reaction Score
10-20 is still considered a donor. You just won't accumulate any "points" for preferred seating until you hit the 100.00 mark. You get 1 point per 100.00 dollars donated. I casually asked one day how many points the top people had and they said like 50,000 or something ridiculous!

This is correct. The number is based on donations of any amount—you just start getting points and other benefits for the $100+ donation levels. And this is based on donations from April 1, 2015 through today.

And thanks to you all, by the way!

Reaction Score
I went to the BU hockey game at XL a few weeks ago. They were offering a $10 50/50 raffle, supporting the UConn Foundation. They took our name and phone number but not address. Wonder if they include these people in the totals.
The 50/50 raffle at the BU and BC hockey games is run by The UConn Club and the funds raised will support the hockey program.

Reaction Score
So can one donate if you didn't attend UConn? Dumb question but I would if it's possible.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
So can one donate if you didn't attend UConn? Dumb question but I would if it's possible.

Yes, all fans can donate to this. If I remember correctly, there is a question at the end asking whether or not you are alum but that didn't seem to have any determining factor on whether or not you could donate.

Reaction Score
Doggpound...My wife and I are not alumni..just CT born & bred Husky fans...they take our money no questions asked..LOL. You can definitely donate if you aren't a UCONN Alum.

Reaction Score
I believe all season ticket purchases are also donations. A portion of the purchase used to go to the UCONN Fund, not sure if that is still the case.

Reaction Score
I believe all season ticket purchases are also donations. A portion of the purchase used to go to the UCONN Fund, not sure if that is still the case.
many but not all season ticket purchases also require a seat donation.

Reaction Score
When I posted this on the BoneYard 2 weeks ago there were only 24 or so donations to that page listed. Today there are 59.

(Note I wrote *Listed* donors. Not everyone who donates chooses to be listed, even anonymously.)

I didn't put this here with the intention of strong-arming anyone into donating, but I gotta say I am pretty impressed by the number of people here who say they have gotten involved.

If UConn Athletics does have a future outside of a P5 conference it's gotta come from people like us. This makes me optimistic.

Reaction Score
Wow that's really cool.

UConn marketing/fundraising is getting pretty creative the last few years. Get a couple thousand of those flags and you got a pretty good map to show your influence to a perspective conference.
It is pretty cool but I am not sure what the deal is. If you hover over flags, the names and locations don't match the map. Strange.

Reaction Score
It is pretty cool but I am not sure what the deal is. If you hover over flags, the names and locations don't match the map. Strange.

Yeah I noticed that too. Someone from Charlotte had their flag planted in West Virginia. It's the data that's most important. People who give their home/email addresses in exchange for the flag, which is largely ceremonial.

Reaction Score
Good in concept, but as suggested definitely far from accurate geographically. Some flags are definitely planted way off the mark.

Reaction Score
Giving Tuesday: Not that I necessarily like receiving the junk mails nor respond to all received, but multiple other charitable organizatoins I've recently donated to, my grad school alma mater, and even a school briefly attended for just a quick professional program all reached out today, yesterday, or both.

UCONN? Surprisingly, all quiet on the Storrs' front. Interestingly, silent! Drive to 5K, STEM, and/or other campaigns being pushed? Will still send some in the direction of Storrs before year-end.

Reaction Score
Giving Tuesday: Not that I necessarily like receiving the junk mails nor respond to all received, but multiple other charitable organizatoins I've recently donated to, my grad school alma mater, and even a school briefly attended for just a quick professional program all reached out today, yesterday, or both.

UCONN? Surprisingly, all quiet on the Storrs' front. Interestingly, silent! Drive to 5K, STEM, and/or other campaigns being pushed? Will still send some in the direction of Storrs before year-end.

Yeah that's a good point. I've gotten a billion emails from the various non-profit lists I am on, but nothing from UConn.

Missed opportunity here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline