UConn at East Carolina | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn at East Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is perfect. Some of our guys can now catch the attention of the NFL scouts as they come to look at Shane Carden. Look for a big game from Geremy Davis, Byron Jones, Obi, Adams, a D Lineman or two, and a few others. Our D Backfield will be in on lots of plays--and will show off their skills. This game will be closer than the spread. We'll open some eyes tomorrow night.
UConn +27 is a great bet.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn is 0-6 against the spread and Diaco has admitted that he isn't even gameplanning for East Carolina and there are people considering this a good bet?

If they cover it's by accident.

Reaction Score
This is perfect. Some of our guys can now catch the attention of the NFL scouts as they come to look at Shane Carden. Look for a big game from Geremy Davis, Byron Jones, Obi, Adams, a D Lineman or two, and a few others. Our D Backfield will be in on lots of plays--and will show off their skills. This game will be closer than the spread. We'll open some eyes tomorrow night.
UConn +27 is a great bet.

I may have felt this way a few weeks back, but this team has kicked me in the nut sack enough already. I'll watch, but I expect us to maybe cover the spread in the first half only. This is the worst offense in our history, one of the worst in the country and we are playing a top 20 team in their building. This will not likely be our finest moment.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can we lose big? Sure. Have we looked pathetic at times? Yes. Can we beat E Carolina? Doubtful.
But can we improve from where we've been? Can we cut down on our turnovers? Can we step it up for the scouts? I have a gut feeling we will. Of course that feeling may just be gas--but I doubt it. Look for an inspired effort.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can we lose big? Sure. Have we looked pathetic at times? Yes. Can we beat E Carolina? Doubtful.
But can we improve from where we've been? Can we cut down on our turnovers? Can we step it up for the scouts? I have a gut feeling we will. Of course that feeling may just be gas--but I doubt it. Look for an inspired effort.

Not sure why scouts matter. Every move they make is on film.

Not sure why it would favor one team over the other anyway. East Carolina has as many if not more players looking to impress.

Reaction Score
Somehow I believe the following things (which appear to be contradictory):

1) UConn will cover
2) The game will be effectively over with 10 minutes to go in the first quarter

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Flight from Logan to Raleigh cancelled this eve... Hoping for better luck in the morning...!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
UConn 27 - ECU 21

Everyone in the nation scratches their collective heads. The AAC is mocked for having their only ranked team lose to the lowest team in the AAC standings. This result somehow becomes responsible for ruining our next tv contract. 26 new threads pop up that day on the Boneyard, talking about how Mike Nebrich would have made this current UConn team 7-0...
Does that mean were still on track to be 12-0?

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Spread
Somehow I believe the following things (which appear to be contradictory):

1) UConn will cover
2) The game will be effectively over with 10 minutes to go in the first quarter
Spread?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I may have felt this way a few weeks back, but this team has kicked me in the nut sack enough already. I'll watch, but I expect us to maybe cover the spread in the first half only. This is the worst offense in our history, one of the worst in the country and we are playing a top 20 team in their building. This will not likely be our finest moment.

Reaction Score
I still live with my parents. I'm back in school to become a PE teacher, but I work as a graduate assistant at CCSU, a high school track coach, a DJ, and an age group director at a summer camp. UConn gave me free tickets to football and basketball home games for 1 year after I graduated. Since then everything has been out of pocket. Paying for all of the trips is definitely made easier by living at home, and not having many expenses. It also helps that I don't drink at all, and I'm usually to busy with school, work, and running to spend money on anything fun outside of going to all the football games.
I'm not sure how you can watch every one of this team's games in person and not drink but more power to you.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I still live with my parents. I'm back in school to become a PE teacher, but I work as a graduate assistant at CCSU, a high school track coach, a DJ, and an age group director at a summer camp. UConn gave me free tickets to football and basketball home games for 1 year after I graduated. Since then everything has been out of pocket. Paying for all of the trips is definitely made easier by living at home, and not having many expenses. It also helps that I don't drink at all, and I'm usually to busy with school, work, and running to spend money on anything fun outside of going to all the football games.
When you find yourself financially unable to attend, you should be given tickets and a transportation stipend to continue your remarkable support of the team. I'd be happy to donate to that cause. We all would be lucky to have kids that set such an awesome example. Enjoy the game tonight! (And don't mind if I drink a toast to your streak continuing.)

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I think we have a shot at covering if the defense plays its best game of the year, the offense somehow doesn't turn it over more than once and gets 2+ scores. But even that might be a tall order.

Reaction Score
If you told me January 1st 2011 that in 3 seasons there would be a thread predicting a 30+ point conference loss to ECU I would have smacked you. Yea, you!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Drank a lot of local brews and shotgunned a few CL Smooths... Obviously good signs. Section 12 row X if anyone is here. Nice stadium.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Nice experience at ECU aside from the outcome. Folks were genuinely nice and they really are crazy for Pirates football. Met Tommy Meyers' parents on the trip down, and chatted up BWK a bit at halftime.

Reaction Score
CTMike said:
Nice experience at ECU aside from the outcome. Folks were genuinely nice and they really are crazy for Pirates football. Met Tommy Meyers' parents on the trip down, and chatted up BWK a bit at halftime.

Ah, poor TM. He consistently gets blown backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom