UConn at East Carolina | The Boneyard

UConn at East Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I will have to watch from home (between the fingers of my usual face palm). My wife's birthday is the following day and convincing her to go to a football game and watch UCONN get pasted was not her idea of fun (believe it or not!). Please take it easy on us, Pirate. If we cross the 50 once in this game, we'll consider it a success.

You guys have built a heck of a program and I'm rooting for you to run the table and get the G5's spot to represent the American.

Reaction Score
Couldn't get the time off. Hopefully it's respectable at the end of the day. East Carolina has a pretty exciting team this year.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The streak of consecutive games attended will have to end at some point. I'm hoping that I die first though.

When it does, I hope that all of UCONN Nation will pause the game so that we can all give you a round of applause at the top step of the dugout like the Yankees gave Cal Ripken during the game that he ended his streak.

Reaction Score
When it does, I hope that all of UCONN Nation will pause the game so that we can all give you a round of applause at the top step of the dugout like the Yankees gave Cal Ripken during the game that he ended his streak.

I'm only at 50 something games. It's not that impressive. I'm sure many people on this board would be at every game if they could. Life and resposibilites tend to get in the way eventually though. so far, I've been able to avoid those responsibilites and conflicts. I'm not sure how long that will last, but as long as I can keep navigating those, and the bank account stays in the black, I'll be there supporting this team through the good and the bad.

Reaction Score
Dale will stand out... it's a Blackout ;)

Also looks like a veiled challenge to @tcf15 or @Santini35

"As the front runner for a New Years Eve/Day bowl game, ECU hosts its 7th consecutive game on an ESPN network as they take on the UCONN Huskies on Thursday, October 23rd at Dowdy Ficklen Stadium. ECU looks to continue its strong resume builder for a BCS bowl while seeking a 6-1 start and 3-0 record in conference play. 7pm Kickoff"

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
So glad that we are on ESPNU and other football fans will be busy watching Miami/VTech and Chargers / Broncos.

Reaction Score
I'm only at 50 something games. It's not that impressive. I'm sure many people on this board would be at every game if they could. Life and resposibilites tend to get in the way eventually though. so far, I've been able to avoid those responsibilites and conflicts. I'm not sure how long that will last, but as long as I can keep navigating those, and the bank account stays in the black, I'll be there supporting this team through the good and the bad.
Never missed a Home Game, but nonetheless, Greenville NC. Oh God there is no easy way to that place.

I thought to retire in New Bern - 20 miles South. . Not quite.

Reaction Score
Excited to have you guys down! How many are making the trip? OBX is great this time of year and less crowded.

Heres to a good game with no injuries.

Go Huskies, Go Pirates!

Hey nbpirate, if you find any uconn father & son teams walking around your parking lots lost and crying after the game just bring them to lost and found, thanks.

Reaction Score
I'll be there, but considering it is a Thursday game, I do not expect many UConn fans to make the trip.

Do you have a job? Do you have a home? Does Uconn pay your salary? I love that you show up to every game. I would if I could. Just wondering.

Reaction Score
I'll be there, but considering it is a Thursday game, I do not expect many UConn fans to make the trip.

BWK, I was in New Orleans and I will also be joining you in Greenville. Will be visiting family in Raleigh over the weekend! This could be one of those games where it comes together and the young pups play like they have nothing to lose. That's what I am hoping for. Thanks for being such a great fan and supporting the team when it's down.

Reaction Score
BWK, I was in New Orleans and I will also be joining you in Greenville. Will be visiting family in Raleigh over the weekend! This could be one of those games where it comes together and the young pups play like they have nothing to lose. That's what I am hoping for. Thanks for being such a great fan and supporting the team when it's down.

I really do feel like the Tulane game was so close. There was no lapse from the defense after a tough offensive series. If you will remember the 3 quick scores by Temple in the 3rd quarter. The offense moved the ball pretty well on the ground with a number of carries resulting in 10+ yards. Pass protection (don't stone me for this) really seemed better to me all in all. The offense still just misses the defining play, the defining and the big play to keep a defense honest.

Reaction Score
I really do feel like the Tulane game was so close. There was no lapse from the defense after a tough offensive series. If you will remember the 3 quick scores by Temple in the 3rd quarter. The offense moved the ball pretty well on the ground with a number of carries resulting in 10+ yards. Pass protection (don't stone me for this) really seemed better to me all in all. The offense still just misses the defining play, the defining and the big play to keep a defense honest.

I agree. but what I hear from most of my friends is how unimaginative the offense is. We all wonder why there are not more slant patterns, underneath passes like Casey was throwing the last three or four games last season. We are all starving for a flee flicker, a blocked punt, and all out blitz! Obviously those types of things have not been part of the game plan. Hopefully we will see some new wrinkles the last six games. The offense has been putting me to sleep!

Reaction Score
MidTermS

typical / atypical day on campus across nation

exec srch firm emails ad reminder "exam time"

ad phones pronto to update firm exams on docket & thanx for all very pro & on target services & excellent reminder

ad knocks on current regime door, notices boldprint sign

out to lunch & bonding

knocks again to confirm & voices say nobody home

ad thanx kind words & empathy & reminds please do not forget your fuzzy bear vit

voices reiterate please please don't forget yours

walking back to exec offices, realization is his regime just passed exams w/ flying colors

afternoon is free for scouting trip to friars home arena to eval product

that's athletic

Reaction Score
MidTermS

typical / atypical day on campus across nation

exec srch firm emails ad reminder "exam time"

ad phones pronto to update firm exams on docket & thanx for all very pro & on target services & excellent reminder

ad knocks on current regime door, notices boldprint sign

out to lunch & bonding

knocks again to confirm & voices say nobody home

ad thanx kind words & empathy & reminds please do not forget your fuzzy bear vit

voices reiterate please please don't forget yours

walking back to exec offices, realization is his regime just passed exams w/ flying colors

afternoon is free for scouting trip to friars home arena to eval product

that's athletic
So.....where did you go to school??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members