UConn APR talk | The Boneyard

UConn APR talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn should not lose a retention point for Wolf because the NCAA has said that would create a perverse incentive to keep students who violate campus codes and/or criminal laws on campus, rather than expelling them (I know Wolf wasn't expelled, but it was his behavior that lead to the loss of scholarship).

Then again, nothing the NCAA does makes logical sense.

But, the Nate Miles affair did not hurt Uconn's APR.

Reaction Score
Just let the athletes and students take non-existent classes like UNC and everything should be fine.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
But, the Nate Miles affair did not hurt Uconn's APR.
It did not hurt our APR per se, but IIRC the fact that we were able to work around the Miles-related sanctions and bring in Drummond despite the loss of a scholarship was reported to have rubbed the NCAA brass the wrong way and make them motivated to find a way to nail us with the retroactive double penalty for the APR.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Even knowing what was in it, just the title of this thread makes me queasy.

Reaction Score
It did not hurt our APR per se, but IIRC the fact that we were able to work around the Miles-related sanctions and bring in Drummond despite the loss of a scholarship was reported to have rubbed the NCAA brass the wrong way and make them motivated to find a way to nail us with the retroactive double penalty for the APR.

The Miles thing replays itself across America all the time. There are a lot of schools with players that get into criminal trouble. I think the NCAA realizes the weird precedent it would set if schools actually tried to retain kids who are consider by the school to have committed a violent act.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Miles thing replays itself across America all the time. There are a lot of schools with players that get into criminal trouble. I think the NCAA realizes the weird precedent it would set if schools actually tried to retain kids who are consider by the school to have committed a violent act.
Yeah, I'm not talking about our decision to jettison the kid after he got in trouble; I'm talking about the sanctions we got for lack of institutional control re the contact with Nochimson, etc. before he came here.

Reaction Score

That was certainly the interpretation of conspiracy-theorists around here, but was there ever a quote confirming that sentiment on the part of the NCAA?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
That was certainly the interpretation of conspiracy-theorists around here, but was there ever a quote confirming that sentiment on the part of the NCAA?

Not that I'm aware of. The evidence is circumstantial. It's plausible if not provable, imo. Mark Emmert is a small, small man.

Reaction Score
Head line on ESPN about how ALABAMA did great with APR scores. Comments section is mostly people saying how they just looked up the APR and it is a joke. Hopefully this Alabama story somehow turns into most people realizing the APR is a joke.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just let the athletes and students take non-existent classes like UNC and everything should be fine.
Well of course because making up courses so that programs have a good APR is an academic issue not an athletic issue.

Reaction Score
Head line on ESPN about how ALABAMA did great with APR scores. Comments section is mostly people saying how they just looked up the APR and it is a joke. Hopefully this Alabama story somehow turns into most people realizing the APR is a joke.

This is what it takes. Harvard bball failed to reach its APR score last year. Alabama football is tops in APR.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer