UCONN Alum NBA Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UCONN Alum NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The more I watch these Chalmers/Napier/Cole lineup combinations, the more I think a Kemba/Shabazz back court could have worked in Charlotte. Not to say Napier isn't in a good situation now, but I would have loved to see it, and Bazz might have been a better fit there than Stephenson.

Reaction Score
The more I watch these Chalmers/Napier/Cole lineup combinations, the more I think a Kemba/Shabazz back court could have worked in Charlotte. Not to say Napier isn't in a good situation now, but I would have loved to see it, and Bazz might have been a better fit there than Stephenson.
Chalmers has kinda turned into a beast on the low, lol. He got mocked and laughed at after Bron left for saying that playing with him kind of held him back because he was reduced to more of a spot up role and not much freedom to create, but when you look at him now its kinda true. Things are a bit more amped with no Wade in the lineup now either but he was already showing scoring outburts off the bench with Wade there.

Reaction Score
Nice sequence for Bazz there, got fouled with no call but was able to back tap the ball while on the floor, then got it back and sized up Bogut for a 3.

Reaction Score
Chalmers has kinda turned into a beast on the low, lol. He got mocked and laughed at after Bron left for saying that playing with him kind of held him back because he was reduced to more of a spot up role and not much freedom to create, but when you look at him now its kinda true. Things are a bit more amped with no Wade in the lineup now either but he was already showing scoring outburts off the bench with Wade there.

Didn't even notice that until you brought it up, but you're right, 14 and 5 on 49% from the field isn't bad at all. I guess it shouldn't be that surprising since he's more of a slasher by nature who likes to have the ball in his hands. You have to wonder if he'll eventually reclaim the starting position or if he's just not a good fit with Wade.

Reaction Score
Its like night and day for the Heat offense with Bazz in the game compared to Cole. For those without league pass this Warriors game is on NBATV

Reaction Score
Splash bros too much for the heat down the stretch. Cant guard two light out 3 point shooters at the same time

Reaction Score
Drummond has followed up a strong effort the other day with an excellent first quarter against the Clips (10 points, 6 rebounds). Hopefully he's finding a comfort level. Rudy's out for a couple games with some Achilles woes, and Kemba's still struggling. Lamb lost his starting spot to Roberson. Need Drummond to keep this up (and Bazz) so I don't feel like I wasted money on League Pass.

Watching the second quarter and DeAndre Jordan has been shoving Drummond out of bounds with two hands on every rebound and it hasn't been called yet. Drummond has hit 4 straight foul shots though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Best Lamb game in a while. Has 18 now on 6-7 shooting (2-2 on threes). Drummond finished with 17 and 13 (6-11 FG, 5-9 FT)

Lamb finishes with 21 on 7-8 (3-3 threes). Fouled out by reaching in on Hayward too many times or he could have maybe padded a little more in garbage time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good to see Lamb had a good game, I don't think the plan was for him to ever start tho, seems like they are trying to make Roberson the new Sefalosha without the occasional 3 pointer here and there.

Reaction Score
In addition to Lamb and Drummond, A.J. Price had another good game with 11 points (4 of 7, 3 of 4 from three), 5 assists, and no turnovers in 21 minutes against San Antonio. He's having a very solid season for the Pacers, you got to think he's secured work for at least the rest of the year.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
How is BAZZ doing compared to the rest of the rookies?

Reaction Score
Lamb with eleven points at halftime. He's 3 for 3 from behind the arch.

After a disappointing opening month, Drummond is back to his old ways. He's averaging 18 points and 13 rebounds in his last three games and has 20 and 16 with nine minutes left against the Bucks tonight.

Reaction Score
I haven't been watching, but Drummond is having another strong game, 20&16 thru 3 quarters. I also noticed that this recent run of nice offensive performances has occured at the same time as Jennings being out, are the two related? Also, I know Kemba got his contract but there just isn't any way he can survive as a longterm starter in the league shooting the way he does on the volume of shots he puts up. If he could just get to the 42-43% range he could live comfortably but after these past 2 seasons it seems like an impossible goal.

Reaction Score
I haven't been watching, but Drummond is having another strong game, 20&16 thru 3 quarters. I also noticed that this recent run of nice offensive performances has occured at the same time as Jennings being out, are the two related? Also, I know Kemba got his contract but there just isn't any way he can survive as a longterm starter in the league shooting the way he does on the volume of shots he puts up. If he could just get to the 42-43% range he could live comfortably but after these past 2 seasons it seems like an impossible goal.

You could live with his field goal percentage if he was making 38%+ from three, but it's just impossible to play PG in this league at his size when you can't shoot.

caw

Reaction Score
Lamb with eleven points at halftime. He's 3 for 3 from behind the arch.

After a disappointing opening month, Drummond is back to his old ways. He's averaging 18 points and 13 rebounds in his last three games and has 20 and 16 with nine minutes left against the Bucks tonight.

Make it nearly 20-14 over his last 4.

Why oh why does Lamb only get 8 minutes through the first three quarters after going 3-3 for 11 points? Did he get injured? NVM, that's just odd rotations.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Why oh why does Lamb only get 8 minutes through the first three quarters after going 3-3 for 11 points? Did he get injured?

I can't tell you how many times I've watched Thunder games and asked that question. For some reason, Brooks seems to prefer Roberson.

Reaction Score

Why oh why does Lamb only get 8 minutes through the first three quarters after going 3-3 for 11 points? Did he get injured?
He actually did come up gimpy on one of his ankles after getting trapped on the sidelines but he's back out there now so I'm not sure if that is why he was pulled. As champs pointed out tho Brooks seems to favor Roberson because of his D and activity.

Reaction Score
Looks like A.J. Price was released by the Pacers. Too bad. He was playing probably the best basketball of his career. Hopefully somebody else picks him up.

Reaction Score
With Napier, NBA people believe that isn’t a coincidence.

“He’s definitely a starting point guard longterm,” Golden State coachSteve Kerr said this week. “He’s not just a backup. This is a temporary role I think.”

Why? “Because he shoots with range,” Kerr said, “and he’s a great leader. He’s a winner and he’s an excellent pick and roll player, and those are all things you need in the NBA. He’s a handful.”

Count Curry among those impressed by Napier. “He’s special,” Curry said. “He’s competitive. He’s all about winning. He’s aggressive, attacking and this system fits his talent. He’s going to be a great player in this league.”

Point guard, Napier said, “is the most scrutinized position, like quarterback. You have to have a high IQ.”

Napier spends some of his free time studying tape of other point guards --- Tony Parker, Steve Nash, Chris Paul --- an exercise he started doing at Connecticut.

“That’s what got me here so I’m going to continue to do it,” he said. “One of the biggest things I took from Tony Parker is his creativity, when to be aggressive, when not to be.”

He isn’t happy with his 1-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio (35 of each), and that must improve. But after shooting poorly in summer league, Napier is now at 46.8 percent from the field, seventh among all point guards. He’s shooting 50 percent in the fourth quarter, as Erik Spoelstra continues to entrust him with late-game minutes

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

http://i2./www.sheridanhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Shabazz-Napier-headshot-e1415911605236.jpg?resize=70%2C97
4. SHABAZZ NAPIER, G, MIAMI: He has become a legitimate weapon in Erik Spoelstra’s rotation with six straight games in double figures, averaging 12.3 points in that stretch. Napier is one of just two newbies shooting better than 40 percent from the arc and leads all rookies with 1.39 points per shot. He has to take better care of the ball, though, as two turnovers late vs. Golden State hurt.LAST WEEK: 7

Read more at http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/1...-making-a-push-on-parker/#3VfLqX2DsX0I7C84.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom