UConn acceptance letter | The Boneyard

UConn acceptance letter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So I was not really sure where else i should post this but, the University of Connecticut has always been my dream school ever since i had started to think about college. Ive been a huge Huskies fan my entire life. I was accepted today (I applied as a business major) into the ACES program at Storrs so I was just wondering if i should reconsider going here as I was accepted into the Michigan State Business School, or is there any possible way of me being accepted into the business school in the near future or will i have to wait 2 years and reapply after my sophomore year of college? Thanks, and GO HUSKIES

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
You can definitely transfer in to the business school...I am not really sure if you can after the first year, or if you have to wait until the second. In any event, you really wouldn't take many business course before the third year anyway and I am pretty sure you can take a few classes before you are accepted.

My advice:
  1. talk to a counselor at UConn about the requirements to transfer into the Business School. tThey may be achievable, and may even help keep you focused on your grades during those first two years;
  2. compare financial packages between the schools - I cannot stress that enough. and not to play spoiler, but odds are you are going to go to grad school at some point so keep that in mind regard finances (especially in business, you will be getting MBA, at least, at some point);
  3. visit both schools again. now that you have been admitted to MSU and UConn you will see the schools through different eyes. seriously, do not make a decision without visiting both again to see where you can see yourself living for 4 years;
  4. follow your heart. if UConn is your dream school, and the money is right, don't let a minor set-back get you down. use it to motivate you to get good grades.
That is all I have, one UConn alum to (hopefully) another.

Reaction Score
Ok i will definitely do that, thank you! I still cannot see myself going anywhere but UConn though.

Reaction Score
I cannot stress that enough. and not to play spoiler, but odds are you are going to go to grad school at some point so keep that in mind regard finances (especially in business, you will be getting MBA, at least, at some point)

Here's my 2 cents.

If you decide to go to grad school or continue your education, secure a job and make your employer pay for it. It's going to be tough working and attending classes (you should be able to talk to your managers for some flexibility) at the same time but I think it's worth it to make money and pay off your undergrad loans (if you have any) and not add on more debt without a job.

I've been in the workforce for close to 20 years and every employer I worked for offered continuing education reimbursement for MBAs, Master's degrees and the such.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Unless they changed, it, acceptance into the business school at UConn only occurs once you are enrolled. There were no business classes through sophomore year, but there are several prerequisites. I went in as an economics major, and then changed to business. I think that is pretty common.

Reaction Score
Congrats Aburks. I graduated from the school of business in 05, but I didn't get accepted in out of high school. Just make sure you take the same pre reqs your first two years and you'll be fine. I believe you just need a 2.8 GPA to get in. UConn is also a much better school than MSU so that should make the decision easier for you. Good luck and welcome to the UConn family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom