UConn +3.5 Friday Night v.s. USF | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn +3.5 Friday Night v.s. USF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This is a prime letdown situation - team convinces themselves they can hang with Boise, thinks they should be able to blow out USF, and lays a complete egg. It will be a great sign for Diaco's motivating abilities if they can come out focused and win this one.
While There were a lot of positives coming out of the Boise St. game, only fans are saying that UConn can hang with them. The outside media sees a 17 point lose. Only fans are say that without the turnovers UConn wins that game. Unfortunately the turnovers happened and they led to 21 points (14 of them unanswered). I think that overall, the defense played great, but I don't think for a second that Diaco won't use the complete burn job on the secondary to his advantage and keep the team on point.

Wins and Losses count now.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Short week, and a road game. First road trip for the first time head coach, and a very young roster, and a conference game nonetheless. Normally counts against a team, big time.

But with this coach, and his non-stop fireball shooting out his , and the positive energy I hope they can take out of the Boise game, a short week, and a road trip, with a trimmed travel roster, might be exactly what we need to come back strong from the game Saturday - because it was a quality game, where the reason we lost, was totally our own fault and can be corrected, with better execution - and all souls willing, no fumbles in the first quarter this time, or at any other time in the game, better execution of the plays in the game plan, we win by a lot more than field goal, and hopefully get the ball rolling downhill and gathering positive speed for this season, because even with the negative potential of youth, and the first road trip - USF is not a juggernaut this season.

@UConnFootball: HCBD: I love road trips and I know the team is excited. #RiseUp

@UConnFootball: HCBD: I think there's something about going on the road that creates an inclusive mindset. #RiseUp

Reaction Score
Anyone else going to this game? I will be there. Message me. Wouldn't mind catching up with some fellow boneyarders.

Reaction Score
Speaking as a degenerate, if that line went to -3, I would be all over USF. As it is, 3.5 is a pretty fair line. If this game is at the Rent I take UCONN +3.5 all day. Since it is not, I think USF wins by 10-17.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Let's hope it's not a group run to the 7-11 for beer.

Without google can anyone name that group? I think I've got 3. Don't think I can come up with any more.

Reaction Score
Speaking as a degenerate, if that line went to -3, I would be all over USF. As it is, 3.5 is a pretty fair line. If this game is at the Rent I take UCONN +3.5 all day. Since it is not, I think USF wins by 10-17.

You think they win by 10-17 pts or USF wins 17-10?

Reaction Score
USF did give Maryland a tough game, Maryland needed a blocked punt in the 4th quarter to win.

Reaction Score
USF did give Maryland a tough game, Maryland needed a blocked punt in the 4th quarter to win.

Very misleading, though. Maryland had 6 turnovers, including one returned for td. Not that our Offense is any less turnover prone.

I think their receivers are going to give the defense fits.

Reaction Score
I don't mind Friday night games when we play them on the road. It's nice to watch the game on TV Friday night and then have all day Saturday to take care of yard work.

Reaction Score
I don't mind Friday night games when we play them on the road. It's nice to watch the game on TV Friday night and then have all day Saturday to take care of yard work.

It works out perfectly for me. I am in Fort Myers for a golf tournament Thurs. & Fri. Friday night I will be at the game. Someone has to cheer these huskies on proudly away from the Rent!!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'll be in the air flying to D.C.; have to watch it after the fact... first one i'll have missed live in several years.

Reaction Score
Sure would be nice to steal this one and get back to .500. Keep hope alive! Puyol for the win!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Thurs/Fri games are great. If UConn wins. Makes the rest of the weekend go so much smoother.

You go to your kids' soccer games and talk with other parents. When you start talking Saturday games, they'll invariably ask "When's UConn play?". Feels so good to say, "Played last night and won.". All anxiety is gone.

Reaction Score
Well it is -2 now, so go ahead and bet the farm on USF

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I got Dewar and Stanback... Nothing else.

The easy one is Dorcellus. His father flipped out after.

I had Stanback, Dorcellus and McCollun.

Dewar is also correct and the fifth was Carl Teague.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well it is -2 now, so go ahead and bet the farm on USF

I'd take either team at +3.5. Which is why I figured it would settle at -2.5 USF.

Reaction Score
To those guys who think I'm an idiot for saying let down after a loss, I ask - what was the Buffalo game last year after we played Michigan?

Full admission, though. I actually gamble on college sports. Primarily, I just play the emotional angles. I don't like the emotional angle this week for UConn at all, and think it would be a great sign if they could overcome it. It's not like they are Penn State with the ability to lay an egg on the road and still win the game. There is only one game (Boise) where UConn has displayed the level of ability they would need to beat USF.

I'm sorry that some of you can't accept that we have fallen that far, but we have. USF isn't a free win.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We played there on a Friday night a number of years back (I believe it was the beergate trip), they were good at that time and had a good amount of the lower bowl filled and basically nothing in the upper bowl (I'm guessing 36k-38k total attendance).

I read afterwards that there were something like ten HS games played in the Tampa-St Pete area that night that each had more than 5k in attendance. This school's attendance may be hurt more with Friday night home games than anyone other than perhaps a few lower level Texas schools in large metro areas. A Temple like crowd may well be what we see Friday.

Reaction Score
UConn can't count any game as a sure win.........especially since it has never played well at South Florida. In fact, the only time it beat S. Florida in Florida was in 2010, and didn't score an offensive TD! Can't count on defense running back an int. for TD......hasn't had an Int yet.

If UConn can have a "let down" after losing to Boise State, could it be a Boise State "let down" that kept UConn close after they beat Colorado State? We'll know for sure if Boise offense is back on track this weekend. Plus, how many second teamers were on Boise defense because of a rash of injuries? And they still came away with two interceptions.

UConn is in no position to declare a sure win.

Reaction Score
This game does kinda feel like a letdown game after Boise....plus our first game on the road too.

But I will be watching the game in Vegas this weekend....so a bet may have to be made....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom