UConn +3.5 Friday Night v.s. USF | The Boneyard

UConn +3.5 Friday Night v.s. USF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I have a feeling this is our 'cover' week!

#HuskyUp

:)

Reaction Score
This is a prime letdown situation - team convinces themselves they can hang with Boise, thinks they should be able to blow out USF, and lays a complete egg. It will be a great sign for Diaco's motivating abilities if they can come out focused and win this one.

Reaction Score
It's a pretty appropriate line. USF has looked pretty lost out there as well, but they are at home, and UConn hasn't been a world beater. I personally wouldn't touch the line but that's just me -- I'm not an expert gambler like some of the degenerates on here, heh.

Reaction Score
This is a prime letdown situation - team convinces themselves they can hang with Boise, thinks they should be able to blow out USF, and lays a complete egg. It will be a great sign for Diaco's motivating abilities if they can come out focused and win this one.

With that negativity, I hope you don't bother attending the game. I will be there screaming my lungs out for this team.

Reaction Score
This is a guaranteed win. USF has a worse record than us over the last 2 years, and they are on a downward spiral.

USF was steamrolled by N.C. State last week (mid level ACC at best), and USF had all they could handle with WCU in the opener (WCU 2-10 last year also).

Settle for nothing less than a convincing win.

Reaction Score
First road game for a developing team is a matter of some concern. On the other hand, I get the impression that South Florida definitely plays second fiddle to both the Bucs and the Florida Gators so I don't think there will be a ton of rabid Bulls fans at the game.

Reaction Score
First road game for a developing team is a matter of some concern. On the other hand, I get the impression that South Florida definitely plays second fiddle to both the Bucs and the Florida Gators so I don't think there will be a ton of rabid Bulls fans at the game.

Try 4th fiddle, FSU and Miami, but I agree, maybe a lighter crowd than most away games.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
USF typically does not draw well and it's really spotlighted by playing in a big NFL stadium. There will likely be nobody in the upper deck and the lower bowl will be spotted at best. Crowd noise should not be a factor. USF draws better than Temple in their NFL stadium but the attendance will probably only be in the 20K range. Not an intimidating environment for our guys. Plus the game is at night so need to worry about a 2nd half heat stroke like the one the Patriots suffered in week 1 down in Miami. If there was such a thing as a "good" road game to play as our first road game of the season, USF is a pretty "good" one.

Reaction Score
I think he is right. This is a trap game as the guys look ahead to Temple. :rolleyes:
While I'm not sure I agree with your post, the last 3 years our teams seemed to always come out flat against weaker opponents, especially on the road (ex: buffalo 2013). This post made me laugh and almost choke on my coffee so I had to throw you a like.

Reaction Score
While I'm not sure I agree with your post, the last 3 years our teams seemed to always come out flat against weaker opponents, especially on the road (ex: buffalo 2013). This post made me laugh and almost choke on my coffee so I had to throw you a like.

I just found it funny to think the team might have a let down after a loss.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wondering the degenerates thoughts..

I actually saw 2.5 at open and was exactly what I expected.

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing USF yet but they somehow seem worse than last year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is a guaranteed win. USF has a worse record than us over the last 2 years, and they are on a downward spiral.

USF was steamrolled by N.C. State last week (mid level ACC at best), and USF had all they could handle with WCU in the opener (WCU 2-10 last year also).

LOL at 'guaranteed win'.

Reaction Score

Ummmmmmm, we beat Stony Brook by 3. At home.

Reaction Score
Number is where I thought it would be (+4 was what I was expecting)

Not sure how anyone could feel confident right now taking a small number on the road in a big spot for USF.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think he is right. This is a trap game as the guys look ahead to Temple. :rolleyes:

Let's hope they can actually beat an FBS opponent before becoming cocky and having a trap game.

Reaction Score
I would like to see the Vegas odds on whether or not we will be favored in ONE game this year........ LOL!! That might be a bet I'm interested in!

Reaction Score

we don't need any jinxes... please... we have our own battles right now with the transition to the HCBD regime...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I am not touching this game. I can see either team winning in a variety of ways. Both programs have struggled and both programs probably view this game as being very winnable. We can't turn the ball over in this one. Make them drive the length of the field and we can win.

Reaction Score
Short week, and a road game. First road trip for the first time head coach, and a very young roster, and a conference game nonetheless. Normally counts against a team, big time.

But with this coach, and his non-stop fireball shooting out his , and the positive energy I hope they can take out of the Boise game, a short week, and a road trip, with a trimmed travel roster, might be exactly what we need to come back strong from the game Saturday - because it was a quality game, where the reason we lost, was totally our own fault and can be corrected, with better execution - and all souls willing, no fumbles in the first quarter this time, or at any other time in the game, better execution of the plays in the game plan, we win by a lot more than field goal, and hopefully get the ball rolling downhill and gathering positive speed for this season, because even with the negative potential of youth, and the first road trip - USF is not a juggernaut this season.

Reaction Score
Love the sarcasm - Ha-HA-HAH - LOL, a trap game! Like right now, we can look down at anyone and mark it as a win!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would like to see the Vegas odds on whether or not we will be favored in ONE game this year... LOL!! That might be a bet I'm interested in!

Well they were favored over Stony Brook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom