UConn #1 in AP Poll but not unanimous | The Boneyard

UConn #1 in AP Poll but not unanimous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
how did Duke pick up a vote with their play at Cal? they won but it wasn't like they blew them out of the building. at this point, UCONN should be unanimous until another team steps up and proves otherwise.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
And a second school in the state received (a) vote(s)! Go Bobcats!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Meh. I'm not outraged, but that's not the same as agreeing.

I get that beating a top ten team on their home court by double-digits is an accomplishment.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Just win, baby! I'm far more excited about playing Duke and Stanford this season than I am worrying about how anyone votes in the interim. Lone exception: I'm still incredibly curious as to who had Tennessee #1 in the USA Today/Coaches Poll

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I know a lot of fans, including writers, are homers but one thing I find really instructive. If you look at ESPN's national map of how fans have voted for who they think is currently the number 1 rated team, Connecticut scores number 1 in 49 states. Only fans in Tennessee think someone other than the Huskies are currently the best. Who would have thunk it?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I know a lot of fans, including writers, are homers but one thing I find really instructive. If you look at ESPN's national map of how fans have voted for who they think is currently the number 1 rated team, Connecticut scores number 1 in 49 states. Only fans in Tennessee think someone other than the Huskies are currently the best. Who would have thunk it?
It explains LadyVol9's idea of what a Tennessee fan is or isn't. Amazing.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just win, baby! I'm far more excited about playing Duke and Stanford this season than I am worrying about how anyone votes in the interim. Lone exception: I'm still incredibly curious as to who had Tennessee #1 in the USA Today/Coaches Poll
I love it when you quote Al Davis! :)

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
These are your golden years don't sweat the little stuff.

Reaction Score
The Jimmy V Classic game at Duke on December 17 will change his mind.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
I think you are in mist of the greatest run our game will ever see. Credit Geno in a league all a by himself.

RandomFan85

A Rogue LV Fan
Reaction Score
''For me, the preseason poll is an educated guess. I think on-court results should carry much more importance,'' said Gutmann, who covers North Carolina for the Durham Herald-Sun. ''Duke going on the road and beating a top-10 team by double digits (I had Cal at No. 4) is by far the most impressive win of the opening weekend. I think the Blue Devils deserve to be No. 1 until another team shows it is capable of a similar performance. Certainly the UConn-Stanford winner will have a strong case to be No. 1 next week.''

Umm.. really? I'm not sure what the proper response to this gibberish is...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
''For me, the preseason poll is an educated guess. I think on-court results should carry much more importance,'' said Gutmann, who covers North Carolina for the Durham Herald-Sun. ''Duke going on the road and beating a top-10 team by double digits (I had Cal at No. 4) is by far the most impressive win of the opening weekend. I think the Blue Devils deserve to be No. 1 until another team shows it is capable of a similar performance. Certainly the UConn-Stanford winner will have a strong case to be No. 1 next week.''

Umm.. really? I'm not sure what the proper response to this gibberish is...
I think it's coo coo coo coo......

Having Cal as number 4?

How transparent. He had them ranked higher than anyone else because they were going to play Duke.

What a jerk.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
This fellow must be willing to go to any length to become secure in his day job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom