UConn’s Value to Connecticut: $3.4 Billion a Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn’s Value to Connecticut: $3.4 Billion a Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You should look at the issues instead of making snap sayings without any facts being involved.

We need lower taxes and less spending. People are having trouble paying bills, which means less folks going to UCONN games.
Common core, ranked last for Seniors in retirement, highest tax burden per capital and a state pension that is the most underfunded in the country

One last thing. The Second Amendment protects you First Amendment right's to free speech.
So You need lower taxes and spending. Who will suffer. Education, the elderly. Cut social security, cut medicare. Cut out UConn. Don't fix roads. That's what you want. All the jobs and industry were sent to China so that a few will make a few more dollars while the rest suffer. Do you really think your life is going to change? Do you really think that people who go to UConn games have to choose between buying a loaf of bread or going to a game? They are not the one's going to UConn games (except Butch). Stop dreaming and get real. This is not a CT problem but a national problem. Greed by a few, misery by most.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Foley will cut UConn to shreds. I think everyone should carry a gun. Tough decision.

A governor can only do so much. The state legislators hold the purse strings. I would guess the House would stay democratic at the very least.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
So You need lower taxes and spending. Who will suffer. Education, the elderly. Cut social security, cut medicare. Cut out UConn. Don't fix roads. That's what you want. All the jobs and industry were sent to China so that a few will make a few more dollars while the rest suffer. Do you really think your life is going to change? Do you really think that people who go to UConn games have to choose between buying a loaf of bread or going to a game? They are not the one's going to UConn games (except Butch). Stop dreaming and get real. This is not a CT problem but a national problem. Greed by a few, misery by most.

Keeping taxes high will drive more small business from the state. I know a number of people who have left for greener pastures down south. If he is reelected I can see that growing and this will become a state of have and have not's. The middle class is getting squeezed out as is.

The past republican governor before Rell started the UCONN 1 billion program.

Reaction Score
Keeping taxes high will drive more small business from the state. I know a number of people who have left for greener pastures down south. If he is reelected I can see that growing and this will become a state of have and have not's. The middle class is getting squeezed out as is.

The past republican governor before Rell started the UCONN 1 billion program.
Then maybe it is time for a third party and throw all of the bosses out! I am just concerned with UConn apparently on the cusp, it will all go south.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Then maybe it is time for a third party and throw all of the bosses out! I am just concerned with UConn apparently on the cusp, it will all go south.

I understand. I want UCONN to get everything that will put them into the 21st century and beyond.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Foley will cut UConn to shreds. I think everyone should carry a gun. Tough decision.

How about we just let UConn's fundraising committee carry guns and call it a day?...

Reaction Score
A governor can only do so much. The state legislators hold the purse strings. I would guess the House would stay democratic at the very least.

And in the middle of the Great Recession and jobs leaving the state, there was a state senator pushing for transgender bathrooms

Really, there have got to be leaders looking for a solution. I am not endorsing these thoughts, just throwing out possible compromises. State employees - cut management (they are not unionized and are bloated). Rank and file - increase their portion of health care costs. Layoff any employees hired in the past four years, but hire them back under a reduced retirement tier

Welfare and other entitlements. Look for fraud and find a way to have them get skin in the game. For example, cut benefits but if they get a job at minimum wage, give them full benefits. Taxes will increase and the poor will have more money

Tax reform. I could write ten pages. On and on. My point is think outside the box instead of pandering to the base. There are no leaders in Connecticut

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Maybe if we all start carrying guns the SEC will invite us. Where can I email pictures of my still?
Conspiracy Kitty is in:
CatwithTinFoilHat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member