UCHG: 8/30/2003 - UConn vs. Indiana | The Boneyard

UCHG: 8/30/2003 - UConn vs. Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
odd how much of that game I remember in compared to how drunk I was.

Back when Channel 3 covered a few games, In todays terms, does that count as tier 2 or tier 3 games?

Interesting comment at the beginning about the uniforms and how HCRE changed them from "huskies" to "Connecticut" because this wasn't just the Universities team, it was the state of Ct's

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
odd how much of that game I remember in compared to how drunk I was.

Back when Channel 3 covered a few games, In todays terms, does that count as tier 2 or tier 3 games?

Interesting comment at the beginning about the uniforms and how HCRE changed them from "huskies" to "Connecticut" because this wasn't just the Universities team, it was the state of Ct's

Not to get all HuskyFanDan, but as much as I like "UConn" and feel like that's a big part of our brand, I wonder if "Connecticut" would serve us better over time with UConn serving as a nickname along the lines of U-Dub, UNC, etc.

Reaction Score
Watched the first half. Watching Dan O go through his progressions time after time was amazing to watch.

If this team has the heart that team had....

Reaction Score
First, that game made fans believe all things were possible and Connecticut could be a legitimate football power. Yes it was a tier 2 B1G, but it mattered immensely. It set the stage for a quick rise in respect and even national awareness. We so much need another win of the kind. We can't be scratching out wins against Stonybrook and Villanova (hopefully), and playing Army to steal some wins. We need be crushing the competition with intensity, execution and an unrelenting will to win every play. We need to think B1G and be B1G.

Reaction Score
Watched the first half. Watching Dan O go through his progressions time after time was amazing to watch.

If this team has the heart that team had....

I forgot how good of a toss the first TD was.

Reaction Score
What breath of fresh air DanO and that offense was to watch. Since it was all new at the time, (transition to 1-A & Big East upcoming, new stadium in E. Htfd, etc), most of us probably didn't realize how good we had it. Success came quick with that group. Felt like the sky was the limit back then.

Reaction Score
What breath of fresh air DanO and that offense was to watch. Since it was all new at the time, (transition to 1-A & Big East upcoming, new stadium in E. Htfd, etc), most of us probably didn't realize how good we had it. Success came quick with that group. Felt like the sky was the limit back then.
Wish we could hit the Reset button like a Nintendo game and start all over from that point.

Reaction Score
I remember that this game wasn't a sellout. Fans watching on TV suddenly wanted to be part of it and the ticket window was busy selling tickets throughout the first half. The stadium was full by the end of the game. It took some fans a while to understand that they weren't suppose to make loud noise when our offense had the ball. I hope the stands get filled again soon, 'cause win or lose, there's nothing like a football crowd to make it exciting!

Reaction Score
This was my first ever UConn football game. It was also my first performance while in the UCMB. I don't remember much of the game, but I remember how loud it was and how much fun I had non-stop. I am a fan for life because of this game and I'll be forever grateful to UCMB for giving me that opportunity.

Reaction Score
I really hope none of our uniform traditionalists pine for those things :eek:

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Terry.
Friggin.
Caulley. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads