Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
desmondconner 12:04pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: we have a healthy team and believe we have a mentally healthy team, too

dcsportsdept 12:05pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on the defense: "We're a keep the points down outfit" #UConn

UConnFootball 12:06pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco: "We had a good handle on BYU did to produce points, and we had a plan to eliminate that."

NHRJimFuller 12:07pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said last 10 plays BYU offense ran looked nothing like previous 88 plays. He thoiught defense held up well up to then

desmondconner 12:07pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: Felt good about D stopping#BYU O through fourth quarter

EdDaigneault 12:08pm via TweetDeck
Diaco calls his defense "a keep the points down outfit." Says he felt good about D at BYU.

Reaction Score
dcsportsdept 12:09pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on Andrew Adams kicking the football into the stands vs. BYU: "He didn't kick it maliciously to try and showboat" #UConn

desmondconner 12:10pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: Why not a moment of jubilation on 3-9 stop that drew unsportmanlike (Adams boot)?...things like that, "trying to put finger on it"

EdDaigneault 12:10pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says Adams' kick of the ball in a crucial spot at BYU is one of the small moments Huskies are trying to eradicate.

Reaction Score
NeillOstrout 12:11pm via Twitter Web Client
Diaco on "Civil Conflict": “We changed the name. I say ‘we.’ I’m not sure it’s a one-man show if there’s more than one man involved.”

dcsportsdept 12:11pm via TweetDeck
Diaco said there is a new name for the UCF-UConn rivalry. It will now be called "The Conflict." Both scores are on the trophy.

dcsportsdept 12:12pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "Trying to add some fun, positive energy to a football game. I think it's cool. I hope other people do."#UConn #UCF

desmondconner 12:12pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on Conflict: I think it's fun, hope it's fun, hope to have great energetic game, that's the idea

Reaction Score
desmondconner 12:18pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: I feel like the players are locked in at hi-def vision on what they need to get done

desmondconner 12:19pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: Ron Johnson should expect more carries going forward with Arkeel Newsome

UConnFootball 12:19pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco: on the running backs: "They both do different jobs well."

NeillOstrout 12:20pm via Twitter Web Client
Diaco on RB's in pass protection: “It’s not great. That’s an area that has been a liability.”

desmondconner 12:20pm via TweetDeck
Diaco RBs: Not adjusting to pass protection great,

NHRJimFuller 12:21pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said pressure in the pocket have resulted more from running backs in pass blocking than with offensive line

Reaction Score
desmondconner 12:26pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: no conscious choice not to use certain players (offense) beforre now, will be used when needed

NeillOstrout 12:26pm via Twitter Web Client
Diaco says hasn't thought about WR Dhameer Bradley returning but talks to him "weekly."

NHRJimFuller 12:27pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco of his team's offense: "They are way better."

Tim_Fontenault 12:29pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: In the last three games, we’ve played the No. 8 defense, No. 15 scoring defense, then BYU who beat Boise, Nebraska, almost beat UCLA.

UConnFootball 12:30pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco says he's happy he sees an improvement in the offense. There are still things that need work but they have grown a lot.

NeillOstrout 12:30pm via Twitter Web Client
Diaco on offense: "Production and yardage will come. Points will come.

UConnFootball 12:31pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco: "We're going to keep doing what we need to do...we're going to keep getting better."

Reaction Score
I'm happy with what he's saying. We are improving and we have some areas on Offense that still need some work. But, notwithstanding our weaknesses, we will prevail on Saturday and go bowling this year.

Reaction Score
Well, it's a funny thing how the world works. I, for one, love the civil conflict trophy game. I loved it when it happened, and everybody thought it was nuts and I love it now, but the thing about crazy, is that you go to be all in for it to work, you can't do it half ass. I'm 100% on board the Diaco love train, the guy has done nothing to throw me off. He had to make me jump on after last season, and I don't ever want to see a season like that again, from anybody at UCONN, but it's long gone. We're 2-3 in 2015. The love machine is rolling, and making too many mistakes to win games we could have won. Got to clean that up.

But here we are, going on the road to a winless team that is ripe for us to put the hammer down and stomp them while they are down, but the method madness, has given them a reason to play and try to save their season. We're at a crossroads where the difference between 2-4, and 3-3 might be huge. A win and we have the opportunity to return to home field and hopefully get something rolling for the rest of the season.

A loss, and what was a participation trophy, now becomes more than a participation trophy.

We'll see. So far, Diaco's been on the money this season with matching actions and words and getting going. We'll see what happens in Florida on Saturday. I'm excited for it, and I can't wait for the post game trophy ceremony. I hope it's in our favor.

Reaction Score
I want to know who the OL is (has to be RL right ?)

Also, what can be done (other than doing it 1 million times this week) to make the RB's better at pass pro

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
First of all, awesome that it's just a conflict. Screw them civils!!!

Secondly, I have to buy the "As Seen on TV" HD sunglasses? Maybe that's why the team looks ordinary to me.

Reaction Score
Turn up the volume on your TV's. A lot of us traveling Husky fans will be making a lot of noise after we win the trophy game.

Reaction Score
Really don"t understand why HCBD"s press conferences are not on the UConn athletics site. Hey, let"s make it harder for the fans to get content about their team. Do you have to pay for premium access on the site to see this? Very frustrating.... Don"t get me started on the Courant"s antics

Reaction Score
UCF is a shell of the teams we've seen in the past. On top of that their vanilla run offense plays right into our hands. This is a must win because they are the weakest team left on the schedule.

Reaction Score
Getting to 6 is going to be very difficult. Getting to 6 if we don't win the next two games goes from very difficult to a real long shot.

Reaction Score
Really don"t understand why HCBD"s press conferences are not on the UConn athletics site. Hey, let"s make it harder for the fans to get content about their team. Do you have to pay for premium access on the site to see this? Very frustrating.... Don"t get me started on the Courant"s antics
excellent point.. pressers should be on the website all the time, not just some of the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom