SG Tyus Battle (Syracuse Commit) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SG Tyus Battle (Syracuse Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Syracuse led for this kid for a long, long time - in my mind, they led for him right up to the minute he committed to Michigan.

This was a high-speed version of how we lost Derrick Jones.

But I wouldn't count anyone out with Gilbert - in Louisville, Illinois and Syracuse you have three of the hardest recruiting staffs out there.

Grove has worse closers on his staff than Ollie does and it remains to be seen how Cuse will recruit. But Louisville does scare me, as well as potential new schools.

Reaction Score
This is why I love following recruiting. such a wild rollercoaster. .No one called Michigan. It was all talk on duke and uk etc.

Reaction Score
I prefer when kids like this commit early we were on his list but I don't think many people saw us as true contenders better we no longer focus on him since he was a long shot for us anyways Always good to see someone spurn duke cuse and uk too

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't understand the people freaking out. We made his top 6 but it was clear we weren't after him hard and he wasn't coming to UConn.

Reaction Score
Last summer I think we where in his top few. Once the school year started we lost ground quickly

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
"He loved Michigan and schools like Duke and Syracuse and Connecticut from the start," Battle's father told Scout.com. "When he went to the official visit to Michigan, it just confirmed it for him. I could tell when he was there, because he had a big smile on his face the whole time."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...higan-lands-2016-five-star-talent-tyus-battle

Hey we got a mention in the same sentence as Duke and Syracuse. See, we're still relevant! :)

I never really expected UConn to be in it for Battle so no loss.

Reaction Score
DogMania said:
Would it be fitting to say we lost the Battle? ;) Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Has the statute of limitations run out to say that We Got Thabeet?

Reaction Score
One look thru that guy's timeline and he doesn't look credible at all

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
One look thru that guy's timeline and he doesn't look credible at all

He's not. He has said a lot of sketchy things in the past.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Heard possible visit to uconn at the end of the month. Also rumor is duke has not offered and may not
Think we'll win out if Dook never offers and he does in fact visit later this month??

Reaction Score
Hard to imagine him passing up Duke after reading this.
http://nypost.com/2014/08/23/a-gold-medal-and-coach-k-calling-the-summer-of-this-n-j-stud/

That said, in a recent cuse rivals article he made it seem like being close to home was important.

Also, looks like he grew a couple inches. 6' 6" maybe 6'7".
CI16SrDWsAAmZTI_zpswvcaohvg.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Things haven't changed enough.

Take the teams currently involved with Battle and you can rank them in whatever order you'd like as long as UConn is last.

There's no way we're ahead of Syracuse.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Would it be fitting to say we lost the Battle? ;) Too soon?
It's not too soon to post it on the 'Cuse board.

Reaction Score

Take the teams currently involved with Battle and you can rank them in whatever order you'd like as long as UConn is last.

Exaggerating?

Reaction Score
That article is a year old. Things change
BREAKING NEWS: Husky99 reports "Things Change."

Might be his most accurate /concise report ever! Wait, should this be taken with a grain of salt?

That said, my opinion remains. If K really wants him. He gets him. Something spurred his change of heart. Hopefully, it's his desire to play on a modern positionless basketball team!

Probably right but do these Team USA All Americans want to be associated with that mess right now?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Probably right but do these Team USA All Americans want to be associated with that mess right now?

Some will care, some won't.

They've seen the stories, but it's not an abstract - a kid like Battle has known the SU staff for years and probably looks at the 'mess' as something other than a mess.

I don't know if he'll go there, but they're certainly closer to yes than UConn has been.

Reaction Score
Some will care, some won't.

They've seen the stories, but it's not an abstract - a kid like Battle has known the SU staff for years and probably looks at the 'mess' as something other than a mess.

I don't know if he'll go there, but they're certainly closer to yes than UConn has been.
If UConn can get him in for a visit than there is a chance. Maybe KO blows him away. The fact he visited Cuse and hasn't committed says we at least have a punchers chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom