SG Tyus Battle (Syracuse Commit) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SG Tyus Battle (Syracuse Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
MDHusky said:
Nice to see that Florida, Arizona, Kansas and VCU aren't on the list. We definitely have a shot at this guy.

I actually think he ends up at Cuse which is crazy. They've been clearing schollies out for him to get under the reduction limit. Let's hope crap continues to fly up there so he sees the light. Even then I would say Uconn is the longest shot on his list. **

** I'm no recruiting guru but I did stay at the Boneyard motor inn last night.

Reaction Score
being in this race till the end keeps us relevant

Reaction Score
247 Sports article out today with quotes from his dad saying they have talked to UConn about setting up an official visit but no date has been agreed on to this point.

Reaction Score
247 Sports article out today with quotes from his dad saying they have talked to UConn about setting up an official visit but no date has been agreed on to this point.
Sounds like car troubles to me

Reaction Score

Ollie would be wise to clear his entire calendar to accomodate whenever this kid is available which clearly shows it's on Battle's camp to schedule this, not us.

Reaction Score
The actual bad news here (since it never seemed like we were in it with Battle) is that Syracuse, with their limited scholarships, will likely turn up the heat on Alterique.

Reaction Score
The actual bad news here (since it never seemed like we were in it with Battle) is that Syracuse, with their limited scholarships, will likely turn up the heat on Alterique.
Louisville as well, they were after Battle hard.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
So much the better when we beat him in a conference game against Michigan in 2018.

Reaction Score
Louisville as well, they were after Battle hard.

Absolutely. But I always assumed that Louisville would have no problem at all taking both of them, while Syracuse's restrictions might have made it more of an either/or situation even though they play different positions.

Reaction Score
Is Battle a PG? I though he was a wing.

I think Syracuse was going to go hard after Gilbert regardless. Even with their limited scholarships, they have "depth" at each position except for PG. All they'll have is a junior in Kaleb Joseph by the time 2016 rolls around.

Reaction Score

I think Syracuse was going to go hard after Gilbert regardless. Even with their limited scholarships, they have "depth" at each position except for PG. All they'll have is a junior in Kaleb Joseph by the time 2016 rolls around.
To me, it looks like Syracuse will have a quicker fall to irrelevancy than BC. I do not see them as a huge threat for Gilbert. Their program is in complete turmoil.

Reaction Score

I think he wants to be used as one, if not a PG definitely the ball in his hands alot as a playmaking wing. There was a NY Times article on his AAU team last year where his father mentioned this.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Syracuse led for this kid for a long, long time - in my mind, they led for him right up to the minute he committed to Michigan.

This was a high-speed version of how we lost Derrick Jones.

But I wouldn't count anyone out with Gilbert - in Louisville, Illinois and Syracuse you have three of the hardest recruiting staffs out there.

Reaction Score
Syracuse led for this kid for a long, long time - in my mind, they led for him right up to the minute he committed to Michigan.

This was a high-speed version of how we lost Derrick Jones.

But I wouldn't count anyone out with Gilbert - in Louisville, Illinois and Syracuse you have three of the hardest recruiting staffs out there.
Except this hurts them way more than the miss on Jones hurt us.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Except this hurts them way more than the miss on Jones hurt us.

Well...

It's May, 2015 and Battle wouldn't be on their campus until September, 2016.

They have time to sort that out.

Reaction Score
Well...

It's May, 2015 and Battle wouldn't be on their campus until September, 2016.

They have time to sort that out.
But they lost two guys since the sanctions that they thought were locks in Bryant and Battle. Until now, they thought the penalties were a joke. Eventually, reality and panic will start to set in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom