Tyler Dorsey (Committed to Oregon) | The Boneyard

Tyler Dorsey (Committed to Oregon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@trigonis30: @TDORSEY_1 down to 10 schools (alpha order): Arizona State, Cal, Colorado, Georgetown, Kansas, Louisville, Oregon, St. John's, UConn, UNLV

I've been hearing we have been asking for him to visit.

Reaction Score
I really liked Dorsey before we got Adams, but I see going after him now as kind of redundant. He's a strong Kansas lean I think. That and he wants to play the 1.

Reaction Score
Yet another versatile guard. Guard play wins in March. Love it.

Reaction Score
I really liked Dorsey before we got Adams, but I see going after him now as kind of redundant. He's a strong Kansas lean I think. That and he wants to play the 1.

JA or no JA give me as many ball handlers as possible. At 6'5 Dorsey is bigger than JA, but at the same time is the more pure PG. Imagine for a second having both. Offensively the options coming up the court alone keep teams guessing and break presses with ease, while in the half court Dorsey can allow JA to run off the ball and focus more on scoring at times, and vice versa. Someone mentioned Bazz/Boat, very similar, just bigger. Defensively you really lose nothing. I don't think you would be able to find a 2 guard in the country either one isn't capable of guarding.

2 top level ballhandlers that can defend both guard positions, yes please.

Reaction Score
While keeping the top flight local talent home should be priority 1, keeping the California pipeline going is also huge. D. Hamilton was a huge get, and we are in on a lot of other top players in the next couple classes. With KO's ties in the area, you would think we have a shot at keeping that going. Tyler would be a very good get.

Reaction Score
I wanted Dorsey BAD before he committed to Zona. Now, I'm not sure how he would fit into this class. Two bigs are a necessity, IMO. Would we really want another CG instead of Clarke/Jones? Obviously I'll take Dorsey if he wants to e a Husky, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Reaction Score
Dorsey/Adams will be the new Napier/Boatright

JA or no JA give me as many ball handlers as possible. At 6'5 Dorsey is bigger than JA, but at the same time is the more pure PG. Imagine for a second having both. Offensively the options coming up the court alone keep teams guessing and break presses with ease, while in the half court Dorsey can allow JA to run off the ball and focus more on scoring at times, and vice versa. Someone mentioned Bazz/Boat, very similar, just bigger. Defensively you really lose nothing. I don't think you would be able to find a 2 guard in the country either one isn't capable of guarding.

2 top level ballhandlers that can defend both guard positions, yes please.

Adams/Dorsey would be my plan B backcourt. Plan A is Adams/Newman. Would be an absolutely tandem. Highly explosive. Like, nuclear. BOOOOOOOM!!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's the issue that I see. Does he hurt us with Newman, especially if the Newman/Stone tandem is still a thing? BTW I'm not sure that it is anymore. I think they'll both go their own way.

Reaction Score
I wanted Dorsey BAD before he committed to Zona. Now, I'm not sure how he would fit into this class. Two bigs are a necessity, IMO. Would we really want another CG instead of Clarke/Jones? Obviously I'll take Dorsey if he wants to e a Husky, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

I'm not sure 2 bigs are a must. Look at our last 2 NCs, the bigs weren't exactly featured. The game has changed, as long as we can adequately protect the rim and rebound the ball it doesn't matter much. Skilled bigs in the college game are few and far between and most good ones don't last long before they are off to the league. If we land Jones/Clarke then either one, especially Clarke, would be more than capable to slide down to the 4 a la DeAndre Daniels.

Not saying landing 2 bigs is a bad thing just that I don't think it's a huge problem if we don't. You might say I'm playing devil's advocate to your devil's advocate. But as long as we bring in quality talent then KO will a way make it work.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Take 5 players, let the schollies work themselves out...as they always do.

JA, Dorsey, Jones/Clarke, Enoch, Stone/Koumadje/Baptiste. Yes please.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
While keeping the top flight local talent home should be priority 1, keeping the California pipeline going is also huge. D. Hamilton was a huge get, and we are in on a lot of other top players in the next couple classes. With KO's ties in the area, you would think we have a shot at keeping that going. Tyler would be a very good get.

Specifically, the Bosco pipeline.

D-Ham=2014

Dorsey=2015

Vance Jackson=2016

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Does Koumadje/Baptiste real improve us. Rather hold the ship for late spring for coach firing or uk scandal

Together it would be a negative. But I love those 7'4 projects man.

Reaction Score
Together it would be a negative. But I love those 7'4 projects man.

Well then you picked the right program to be a fan of.

I wouldn't mind Koumadje, he seems to fit mold of project big to a tee. Picked up the game late, at a top prep school, works hard. I would be excited to see what he turns into.

Baptiste I am not as sold on. Mostly because he doesn't see regular first team minutes for his AAU team. Now, I don't know if this is an injury; although I've never seen one reported, or if it a dog house type situation or what? But that fact makes me concerned about him.

Reaction Score
@trigonis30: @TDORSEY_1 Will officially visit Colorado the weekend of Sept 19-21

Kansas, Oregon, and now Colorado for officials. 2 left.

Reaction Score
@trigonis30: @TDORSEY_1 Will officially visit Colorado the weekend of Sept 19-21

Kansas, Oregon, and now Colorado for officials. 2 left.

I mean it's bad because there's now only 2 left, but you have to figure most guys will take all 5. On the bright side, atleast it's Colorado and not a school with a better recruiting pedigree.

Reaction Score
isn't dorsey like 19? he's better off at oregon or colorado where he could play immediately. not sure that would happen at kansas with the ukranian prodigy and graham.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I mean it's bad because there's now only 2 left, but you have to figure most guys will take all 5. On the bright side, atleast it's Colorado and not a school with a better recruiting pedigree.

Great weed though. Two great weed schools on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom