Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Bp9zXx7CYAAbxEq.jpg

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
just watched the Hudl film. When he gets his footwork right and steps into his throws he's got a great arm. That one play where he fired it in between a corner/linebacker on a slant and his receiver housed it was a terrible decision but a great showcase of his arm strength. He'll need a redshirt year and won't start right away or anything but this looks like an athletic QB who is also big who with time can become very productive for us.

Edit: Really really gonna have to work on footwork though. Good thing thats fixable.

Reaction Score
is it me or does he kinda look like Colin Kaepernick? :cool:
Well, he IS looking into a camera, but I'll reserve judgment until he kisses his bicep...THEN we'll see how strong the resemblance is.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Wow. Just watched his hudl and came away really impressed. First thing that jumped off the video was his size...at least twice the size of some of the smaller high school players and can very easily see over an OL. Second thing is his athleticism. Good speed and shiftiness to make tacklers miss. On a few runs, he shed a few tackles and showed good strength even while tight-roping the sidelines. Third, fantastic arm strength. I agree with Drew: when his feet are set, he has great arm and accuracy. When in scramble mode, he has a laser and is fairly accurate when scrambling to his right (natural for a right-handed QB). When scrambling to his left, there isn't quite as much zip and accuracy but still good. A redshirt year would definitely do him good to work on his footwork and throwing agility.

There are GREAT tools here. Size, speed, agility, strength and good accuracy. There are a few lasers from the far hashmark to the opposite side of the field (one for a TD thrown perfectly to the outside shoulder) that are incredibly promising. All in all, this is a GREAT get. A redshirt year running scout team would be ideal to put distance between him and Cochran/Boyle. Plus, he will help our D prepare for athletic QBs on our schedule.

Welcome to UCONN, Tyler!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
just watched the Hudl film. When he gets his footwork right and steps into his throws he's got a great arm. That one play where he fired it in between a corner/linebacker on a slant and his receiver housed it was a terrible decision but a great showcase of his arm strength. He'll need a redshirt year and won't start right away or anything but this looks like an athletic QB who is also big who with time can become very productive for us.

Edit: Really really gonna have to work on footwork though. Good thing thats fixable.
Yup. Athletic with good size. Needs works on set up and his throwing mechanics (reminds me of Tebow - gangly throwing motion), but Tebow worked out in college. Hey, any kid who picks UConn is my kind of football player.

Reaction Score
Any other offers?

My guess is, and it's only a guess, if he improves in his senior year he'd get a few more better offers. He looks talented and, if it's true he was their top choice at QB, he can play at a high level. How good he will become is anybody's guess.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
My guess is, and it's only a guess, if he improves in his senior year he'd get a few more better offers. He looks talented and, if it's true he was their top choice at QB, he can play at a high level. How good he will become is anybody's guess.

Fair point. Didn't want to come off like I was giving the kid a slight. Just as a fan, it's nice to see other offers from programs we call our regional peers.

Reaction Score
No more QBs.

John Silver @JohnFSilver · 9m
Tyler Davis commit is a big get for the UConn staff. Top of recruit on UConn's board apparently. Huskies likely won't look at other QBs.

John Silver @JohnFSilver
· 8m
David Corley Jr. NJ recruiter, but with QBs, entire staff looked at him and had a big part.

John Silver@JohnFSilver · 30m
UConn's only taking 1 QB this class most likely unless someone falls into their lap. So, it's safe to say they have done their homework

John Silver@@JohnFSilver · 32m
The Huskies looked at Davis a lot. In addition to area recruiters, Don Patterson (QB coach) and OC Mike Cummings watched him throw.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I know coaches can't mention players by name until they sign but this is the first time I've ever seen a UConn football coach acknowledge a commit. (twice) Gotta love it.

I also like how he uses "Mush" in both of the posts. We should definitely use that when a Husky does hard work. Mush!

Reaction Score
I'm just as excited to see what coach Patterson will do with this kid. He has a good history of developing kids and this will be his own UCONN recruit to mold into an effective QB. Welcome Tyler!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom