TX Tech incident reminds me of Khalid | The Boneyard

TX Tech incident reminds me of Khalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
That poor guy endured way worse verbal and visual taunting from opposition fans than this guy Smart did, if all the fan called him was a "piece of crap", which is highly doubtful. You bite your tongue and walk away from that one, if it's all the fan said. Something tells me it was more than that with his past track record involving other incidents.

El-Amin showed tremendous composure, particularly at Notre Lame and Stanford during his junior season, both of whose student organizations were required to issue formal, written apologies for their disgraceful behavior directed at Khalid. He only lost it a little after the OT win at Pitt, which by all accounts was a way over the top assault on him from the Pitt fans. Calhoun didn't do anything about his leap onto the scorer's table and defiant gesturing after that classic win, one which if it had gone the other way could have had a fairly significant effect on the rest of that season.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
That poor guy endured way worse verbal and visual taunting from opposition fans than this guy Smart did, if all the fan called him was a "piece of crap", which is highly doubtful. You bite your tongue and walk away from that one, if it's all the fan said. Something tells me it was more than that with his past track record involving other incidents.

El-Amin showed tremendous composure, particularly at Notre Lame and Stanford during his junior season, both of whose student organizations were required to issue formal, written apologies for their disgraceful behavior directed at Khalid. He only lost it a little after the OT win at Pitt, which by all accounts was a way over the top assault on him from the Pitt fans. Calhoun didn't do anything about his leap onto the scorer's table and defiant gesturing after that classic win, one which if it had gone the other way could have had a fairly significant effect on the rest of that season.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
And my memory may be hazy, but there were stories of Alonzo Mourning at GT saying inappropriate things to Nadav at the free throw line ...

Reaction Score
Khalid jumping on the table against Pitt could have turned tragic. I can't praise him and say that's a sign of restraint. It just didn't escalate because even that (table jump) is an act of provocation. In other games Khalid was on point with not responding to the name calling and by letting his play respond to the haters.

It just goes to show how there is a thin line between emotional restraint and physical reaction.

Reaction Score
Killer screen by Jake @ the 10 second mark. Absolutely laid out #22.

I guess they named the Play of the Game too early.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I guess they named the Play of the Game too early.

More so than that, their play of the game should have been a turnover. If you watch it in slow motion, #26's foot touched down past half court before he released the ball, and Cummings caught the return pass before his foot touched down passed half court, making it a back court violation. Easy one for the refs to miss, but should eliminate it from consideration for play of the game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Khalid jumping on the table against Pitt could have turned tragic. I can't praise him and say that's a sign of restraint. It just didn't escalate because even that (table jump) is an act of provocation. In other games Khalid was on point with not responding to the name calling and by letting his play respond to the haters.

It just goes to show how there is a thin line between emotional restraint and physical reaction.

What comes to my mind is Sellers giving Laettner a head slam! And interestingly not many guys going off on Smart have criticized that act whenever it gets posted in this forum.

Reaction Score
At least Khalid's shot counted (cough Deifendorf cough).

Reaction Score
Remember that sequence like it was yesterday, taped the game on the old vs and watched this over and over again. Speaking of Khalid does anyone know what's up with him now. I know he was overseas and was considered a rock staroover there. Fan's really loved him. One of the husky greats . Broke Pitt's heart which we've done quite often .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom