Tweets from the Horde... | The Boneyard

Tweets from the Horde...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 21m
"I liked how we handled the entire trip and especially today, we had a lot of great moments." #UConn's Geno Auriemma

Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 10m
#UConn's Geno Auriemma on seniors Stef Dolson and Bria Hartley "These two have panned out exactly how we thought they would."

John Altavilla ‏@jaltavilla 3m
Nice Crowd Stays To See The Champ http://cour.at/1lhL9eZ #UConnwomen #bleedblue

[URL='https://twitter.com/NHRJimFuller']Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 5m
"As much as we travel ,they all got their pictures taken at Waffle House that was the highlight of trip." #UConn coach Geno Auriemma

Rich Elliott ‏@elliottctpost 22m
Geno on @kaleena_23 coming back from injury: ``Little by little we’re starting to see the Kaleena we’re used to seeing.'' #UConn #bleedblue

[URL='https://twitter.com/elliottctpost']Rich Elliott ‏@elliottctpost 19m
Geno on @Breezyyy14, @bigmommastef: `Since their 1st day at CT they’ve been really good so I’m not surprised they both have 1,500p.' #UConn
[/URL]

[/URL]

Reaction Score
Speaking of Bria and Stef, you're going to see on Tuesday night's Geno show where he talks about Stef going pretty high in the draft ahead of Hartley because she's a 6' 5" kid that can do so many things and runs well and is a rare player (paraphrasing).

HGN

Reaction Score
Thanks Pap for the post......Geno had good things to say about the team and victory. But I guess what bad things can be said about a 41-point victory.

I would love for the team to start out a little faster but I am like Geno in that case. How much can i complain if you win by 41pts.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Speaking of Bria and Stef, you're going to see on Tuesday night's Geno show where he talks about Stef going pretty high in the draft ahead of Hartley because she's a 6' 5" kid that can do so many things and runs well and is a rare player (paraphrasing).
I expect that she will go fairly high for exactly those reasons.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I expect that she will go fairly high for exactly those reasons.
It may depends on a team's needs, but I can see Stef going very, very high. She's very big. She's also skilled--can shoot and pass--and plays hard. How many skilled 6'5" players are there?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It may depends on a team's needs, but I can see Stef going very, very high. She's very big. She's also skilled--can shoot and pass--and plays hard. How many skilled 6'5" players are there?
Exactly, and her greatest asset may be her demonstrated will to do whatever it takes to improve.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Exactly, and her greatest asset may be her demonstrated will to do whatever it takes to improve.
Plus her attitude and personality. She is a great teammate who can keep a team loose and focused at the same time - a rare combination.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks Pap for the post.Geno had good things to say about the team and victory. But I guess what bad things can be said about a 41-point victory.

I would love for the team to start out a little faster but I am like Geno in that case. How much can i complain if you win by 41pts.
I would think Geno would like stronger starts but we do need to give some credit to Memphis. They were simply unable to maintain the intensity for 40 minutes.

I thought Meg Culmo had a good point. The team was playing in a totally unfamiliar arena, one where they had very limited practice time due to travel issues, and they've been on the road for a while. We could see similar starts against other new conference foes this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: HGN

Jim

Reaction Score
I would think Geno would like stronger starts but we do need to give some credit to Memphis. They were simply unable to maintain the intensity for 40 minutes.

I thought Meg Culmo had a good point. The team was playing in a totally unfamiliar arena, one where they had very limited practice time, due to travel issues, and they've been on the road for a while. We could see similar starts against other new conference foes this season.
The UCONN offense in the half court is predicated on reading the defense and exploiting weaknesses/miscues. Sometimes it takes a little while to get a read on an opponent you've never faced before. The games where UCONN builds a big lead right out of the gate are often those where the full court press leads to quick steals and easy buckets before the opponent can set up their defense.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
We have seen many slow starts over the years, especially, against teams playing zone defenses. It seems to take the team until the first media break to understand what the opponent is doing defensively and then at break adjustments are made. Then a some point between the first and second media break we start to assert control and as the opponent fatigues and fades we take over the game. We have repeatedly seen this occur, not just this year but in the past, as well.

Add to this the issues Nan raised and nothing we saw or have seen is out of the norm.

HGN

Reaction Score

I thought Meg Culmo had a good point. The team was playing in a totally unfamiliar arena, one where they had very limited practice time, due to travel issues, and they've been on the road for a while. We could see similar starts against other new conference foes this season.
Hmm, good point....I guess my concern comes from if we start out slow against a real good team that does play hard for 40mins. A BU , ND , or even a UT.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hmm, good point....I guess my concern comes from if we start out slow against a real good team that does play hard for 40mins. A BU , ND , or even a UT.
UConn is familiar with Baylor, ND, Texas, and their arenas.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Only one of those plays hard for 40 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom